Conn Smythe Winner?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Seems kind of backwards thinking. How much would you win if other key players was injured?

We don't know the answer to that. But we know how many we've won without Point.

I think he's closed the gap. Our offense, apparently, lives and dies by him.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Tampa -
Point
Vasy
Hedman

Islanders -
Varlamov
Pelech (he'd never win because of numbers but he's been as important as anyone on NYI)

Haven't been able to watch much of the West so will not opine.

+1 for Pelech if the Islanders were to pull off a miracle. His stats aren’t sexy, but he’s our most important player, IMO.

Reactions: mrjiggyfly

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
Of course I day-dreamed about the Islanders beating the Stars. Then thought about the Conn Smythe. I suck as a fan -- I'm going to be disappointed tomorrow.

I think it would come down to Josh Bailey and Anders Lee.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
We don't know the answer to that.
We kinda know from last year though. When it comes to injuries Hedman is the one player we can't afford to lose and he's like 30 steps above anyone else on that scale.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Isles:
1 Barzal
2 Varly
3 Bailey

Unless Barzal has an amazing final 2 games against Tampa and Stanley Cup finals I don't see him winning. My guess at this point it will be Nelson with some consideration for Bailey or Varly. No defenseman has done much to stand out(not saying they are playing average but Pulock with 10 points in 21 games is the highest scorer from the backend, Pelech who one can argue also has been their top guy only has 7 points)

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Unless Barzal has an amazing final 2 games against Tampa and Stanley Cup finals I don't see him winning. My guess at this point it will be Nelson with some consideration for Bailey or Varly. No defenseman has done much to stand out(not saying they are playing average but Pulock with 10 points in 21 games is the highest scorer from the backend, Pelech who one can argue also has been their top guy only has 7 points)
Beauvillier ahead of Barzal and Varlamov, too.

Beauvillier was a beast the first two rounds, better than Barzal. And Varlamov didn't even play game 7. Greiss got them to the ECF.

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
We don't know the answer to that. But we know how many we've won without Point.

I think he's closed the gap. Our offense, apparently, lives and dies by him.
Well, then we hope he plays further on. Or shall an award be given to someone not playing and proving his worth while absent?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Hedman or Heiskanen. With a big series possibly Khudobin.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Heiskanen, Khudobin, Benn

Hedman, Point, Kucherov

One of those six, IMO.

Also doesn't feel like a year where it'll go to a player on the losing team so whoever wins, one of those three.

But hey, who knows.

Maybe Kiviranta has some magic left. :laugh:

Reactions: Kalamazoo Wings

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I think it’s down to 4.

1) Hedman
2) Point
3) Khudobin
4) Heiskanen

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017