WJC: Congrats Russia

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
what I want to know, how many russians went to sleep at the third intermission? it was like 2 am and your losing 3 0, i'd understand! that would suck so much going to sleep and waking up and finding out you just had a comeback for the ages.
After two periods more like 5 am - 2 pm in Russia.

marty 4 hart*

Seriously, are you still hung up on that?
In hindsight, did he in any way lie or make a false statement?
If you still are hurt by what he said, you either haven't really read what he said, or is a really really stubborn person.

Let it go already.

-Edit-
I just thought about the thread and it's title.
This is not the place to discuss this, sorry.

He didnt show Canada any respect. He was classless.

Captain Mittens*

Amazing comeback to score 5 goals in the 3rd.

Even though I was rooting for Canada, you gotta respect a comeback like that.

Huge balls Russia! Huge!

Vladiator16*

Canadian boys must’ve seen fat lady singing somewhere in the stands after the second period… tough loss, but they’ll get over it and learn… huge lesson on how to never quit. I am sure both teams learned few things about themselves from this game. One side lost consentration and eventually lost the game, and the other side showed no lead is safe.
Congrads again boys!

cc

Feb 28, 2002
It hurts to say but congrats to the Russian team. They showed their real character with the come back.

MoonlightGraham

Oct 28, 2005
Montreal
Hats of to Russia, they never stopped competing.

As for bitter Canadian fans, we lost. Stop finding excuses and get over it. It's just a game after all.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Great win by the Russians. They showed determination and it got them the gold. Want it more next year boys.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Im not a troll. I just love Canada. Its hard for me to accept that Canada lost.

He didn't say troll. He said sore loser. You didn't play in the game so don't attach your ego to a team because its your country. I didn't Well played Russia. Played hard enough to win and by 2 goals.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Congrats Russia, as much as i obviously wanted Canada to win its nice to get back to some serious rivalries w U.S beating us and now Russia theres gunna be some serious bad blood and it just adds more to the game in my opinion not just winning it every single year. Hopefully they learned there lesson never stop fighting.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Congrats to the Russians.

It's just so stupid because they played SO well against the US and then just took the pressure right off in the 3rd period in this game. When it was 4-3 for the Russians I thought, hey this is our "next Eberle" moment but that was quickly shot down.

Neely2005

Nov 3, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
but I naively though that "heart" was a racial trait inherent to all canadians and exclusive to euros, especially the dirty ruskies!

Canada can keep it's "style" of gooning it up. I appreciate players like hall and skinner, why the hell didn't they take those two at least? How do you win if you don't score?

:huh:

Perhaps because they're playing in the NHL and their NHL teams wouldn't release them to play in the tournament. Plus the players probably prefer to be playing in the NHL instead of the WJC.

Congratulations to Russia on a great tournament!
:handclap:

Neely2005

Nov 3, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
I can't name one nhl russian who doesn't play hard, even the maligned semin does whether people who don't bother watching games admit it or not. exception is kovalchuk at times. Only seems that way because he wants to score so badly, and breakaways are pretty decent scoring chances.

So then you can name 1? :laugh:

How about Alex Kovalev?

Fortheloveofthegame

Mar 18, 2008
USA
Congrats Russia! Wow, 3 come from behind exciting games! I will have to admit, I watched the first two, come from behinds, but this time I thought they had "dug themselves too big a hole"....I was wrong.
Also heard the Russian team was Kicked off a Delta Airline flight to Atlanta for unruly behavior. I hope no one "rips them" for this, I am guessing it was a carry over from last night and a morning full of celebrating ( and they deserve to ).

NiagaraGirl

Hockey Canada fan :)
Congrats to Russia

I want to offer my congrats to Russia (not sure if I posted it here before but I have elsewhere.) You played hard, you came back against the odds and you deserve this gold. Your team will be legendary in Russia now. :) We Canadians look forward to a renewed rivalry with another great hockey nation that has been a storied rival of old. :)

mvp76

Aug 21, 2004
planet earth
Congrats to Russia! Well deserved for sure. Happy to see them celebrate at the end..and on their flight lol.. Was going for Canada but that's the way things go. They wanted it more and they proved it in the second and third periods and against other opponents. You could see the tide turning. Happy for those young kids. Great celebration

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Like others have said, this is what Rönnberg said all along: Russia was a more difficult opponent to play then Canada. In the end, it proved to be a prediction for the winner of the tournament.

Even still, i thought Canada would sweep this until the russians stepped up in the 2nd period. I must admit though that i have never seen a canadian team fold like this one. All the talk about canadians heart automatically being bigger then any other nationalities wen't out of the window after this one.

Congratulations to Russia! They came back from deficits three games in a row. They are worthy tournament winners, and i hope that this generation of russian players prove to be bigger winners then the ones we are currently watching in the NHL.
Didn't Rönnberg also said the Czechs were harder to control than Canada? The dude was only half right.

Evil Romano

Jan 3, 2011
Bassano Vicenza
It was nice to see a good amount of the Canadian fans (that was shown on my screen anyways) greeting Russia, and clapping their hands as the Russians laid their hands on the trophy. These fans knew who deserved the gold medal - the Russians. Credit to those fans who did not trash talk or come up with excuses to why Canada lost. Of course they were pissed off, but a comeback like that can not be beheld with disrespect (as opposed to some Canadians who simply can't give credit to the winners).

DahaRussia

Jan 7, 2011
To Canadians

Канадцы, не расстраивайтесь!
Это только спорт!
Русские всегда умели ждать!
Мы ждали 8 лет! Мы дождались!
-----------------
Canadians, don't be upset! ;)
It is sport!
Russia always were able to wait!
We waited for 8 years! We have been waiting!

Last edited:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Well done to Russia, I didn't see the game due to the time it was on, 1:00AM here I think, sounded like a good game though and a great come-back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad