WJC: Congrats Russia

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Congrats Russia. Not really happy for you, but have to say your team did a heck of a job.

Eaglepride*

****ing **** why didn't the good ol boys play 60 minutes? Had 50 bucks on you guys couldn't stop laughing because of the nice 3:0 lead and then....oh...well this ****ing crappy ****** third period performance. Heck this was a gold medal game, no need to get cocky seriously I'm mad like hell.

Congrats to Russia but I wouldn't count on seeing many of those in the NHL, more the KHL.

Lugaid

Hajlajtreelmål!
May 28, 2008
Stockholm
From a swedish perspective I must say it's gratifying in the way that the canadians who were very cocky after the semifinal now got what was coming for them. But I'm also happy for Russia and pity the canadian gentlemen posters here (even though you're not very visible for all the rude ones)

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
Malkin, Gonchar, Bryzgalov, Babchuk, Khabibulin say Hi:yo:

Ok. It was embarrasing that i forgot Malkin, Gonchar and Khabibulin. :laugh:;)Bryzgalov and Babchuk didn't have leading roles on their teams anyway. Besides, only Malkin could qualify as a big impact playing winner of "the new generation".

My point is, that the new generation russian players we watched at this world juniors may be more hardworking and with a better defensive awareness then recent ones.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
Tarasenko’s ribs were so bad that Russian coach Valeri Bragin ordered him back to the locker room, and Tarasenko refused to go. As Russian goaltender Igor Bobkov recounted, “Vladimir Tarasenko, our captain, he has injury, and the coach said ‘Don’t go’ in the first period, and he said, ‘No, I’m going.’ And he scored the third goal. It’s the best captain in my life.â€

As he approached the podium with Canadian coach Dave Cameron, Bragin quietly removed his gold medal and slipped it into his coat pocket.

Talkin' about "heart" and "class."

UkraineTrain

Jul 9, 2010
Ukraine
We can't talk here about "New Russian generation". It's all about this team. The team that was built from "team first" type of players with big heart. I can tell you that half of this team is not the most skilled players of its generation in Russia. Coaching staff made a hell of a job to build team like that.

P.S. 9 from 10 top scorers in MHL were eligible in WJC. Only one of them made this team. He is 9th in this list. His name is Golubev.

Last edited:

Klaus

Teemu!
May 8, 2010
Winnipeg, MB
From a swedish perspective I must say it's gratifying in the way that the canadians who were very cocky after the semifinal now got what was coming for them. But I'm also happy for Russia and pity the canadian gentlemen posters here (even though you're not very visible for all the rude ones)

They're visible all right... look at posts in the GDTs or in this thread... most Canadians here have been pretty good about the loss and have congratulated Russia. It's just that you and everyone else always choose to ignore them

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Look at the TROLLS. LOL! Russia never gave up; The moral of the story. Canada felt too comfortable and it cost them. Thanks for vodka, friends. I'll be drinking it with my russian coworkers.

you are too wrong on that one - Canada didn't feel too comfortable - they ran out of GAS plane and simple - you could see it already in the second half of the second period, even though every ending was for the russians - minus that great shot by Ashton(?) in the dying seconds of the second.

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
Congrats to the Ruskies. Three times they showed they had the heart to come back under difficult conditions. They deserved it. But can the guys please refrain from singing in the future. I still need my ears for a few years. And I've never heard that much swearing in a foreign language on TV before. It was nearly as bad as Pulp Fiction.

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
Feel bad for the players who IMO have way to much pressure put on them.

Congrats to the Russians and thanks for knocking the shameless cheerleading smirks off the TSN crew's faces. God TSN's 'Jack Edwardesque coverage of this tournament makes me want to puke.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range

I say that Sweden got what they deserved (nothing) as well after being cocky during the round robin.

Kiefer

Jun 28, 2004
Sweden
I say that Sweden got what they deserved (nothing) as well after being cocky during the round robin.

Seriously, are you still hung up on that?
In hindsight, did he in any way lie or make a false statement?
If you still are hurt by what he said, you either haven't really read what he said, or is a really really stubborn person.

Let it go already.

-Edit-
I just thought about the thread and it's title.
This is not the place to discuss this, sorry. Can a mod delete my post?

Last edited:

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
what I want to know, how many russians went to sleep at the third intermission? it was like 2 am and your losing 3 0, i'd understand! that would suck so much going to sleep and waking up and finding out you just had a comeback for the ages.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad