Confirmed with Link: Complete Rebranding, New Logo, Arena Renovations & Vinikville - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
The last one is up now as well:

Must have been the trickiest to make since they are all different heights and you can tell because Bishop's head is smaller than the other two's despite that it's suppose to look like he stands infront of them.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The last one is up now as well:

Must have been the trickiest to make since they are all different heights and you can tell because Bishop's head is smaller than the other two's despite that it's suppose to look like he stands infront of them.

but why isn't Stamkos in the center?

my god though, look at the size of Bishop's shoulders compared to the size of his concussion box.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightning/vinik-not-worried-about-steven-stamkos-contract/2246364
Vinik said the Stanley Cup run also had a positive impact on the team's bottom line, acknowledging they're "getting close" to breaking even. The team sold 3,000 more season ticket packages since the playoffs, and Vinik said the new box seats are selling well.
Vinik said renovations in the building should be done by opening night Oct. 8, and while there are some minor projects scheduled for next summer, nothing major is on the horizon.
While they have been pondering building a practice facility, it doesn't seem like it's coming anytime soon. "It's something we'll think about, we've been thinking about for a few years now. We'll continue to dimension it. Is it possible we'll go in that direction one day? It's possible. But it's still not on the drawing board yet. It's on the drawing board to be on the drawing board."
Vinik said every time he sees commissioner Gary Bettman, he asks him about Tampa hosting a future All-Star game, and is confident they will eventually get one. "Everytime he says you're on the list, and 'You're moving towards the head of the list. We'll get one, but there are a few others ahead of us still."
With the NHL considering expansion, Las Vegas and Quebec City, Vinik said it's something owners will evaluate and discuss in a few weeks, pointing out "we've got a couple good opportunities there."

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=780257
The Tampa Bay Lightning and the University of South Florida are proud to announce a new initiative, the Bolts Business Alliance, which aims to connect business professionals year round through the Lightning. The goal of this program is to create additional value for Lightning business Season Ticket Members, partners and suite holders by fostering long-lasting, local business partnerships.
“The Lightning are excited to launch another terrific program with our partners at the University of South Florida,” Lightning CEO Steve Griggs said. “This new initiative will be a great way for our business-minded Season Ticket Members to connect, network and improve Tampa Bay through industry. We would like to sincerely thank our outstanding partners at USF for allowing us to once again help build a stronger business community in the Bay Area.”
“The University of South Florida and the Tampa Bay Lightning are proud to be partners in bringing companies, institutions and leaders together,” said USF System President Judy Genshaft. “The new Bolts Business Alliance will create opportunities for our region’s leaders to collaborate and forge partnerships that will maximize our community’s strengths and create new opportunities for the Tampa Bay Region.”

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Tampa needs a unique structure for its city skyline, whether it be functional, a piece of art, or both.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Yeah build a foundation and then work your way up. Putting a hockey stick in the hands of every kid around is a great place to start!
I
Skating is important, but I don't think that can be the first step trying to grow the sport. I started off just playing with a stick, a ball, and a goal (which was usually the space between 2 objects before I bought a net) in my driveway and with neighborhood kids in the street. Trying to skate for the first time just seemed like the natural progression of things, although it did turn me off initially because it was difficult and I was an impatient little kid wanting to be good right away.

I do agree with others that roller is a great option though. Much cheaper, and more accessible than ice hockey.

I grew up in FL at a time when roller hokcey was huge and ice was just starting to mainstream more. We had tournaments every other weekend. Now roller hockey is dead and ice has really taken off in the tampa bay area . I played high school ice and a little travel in Fl. Now I just play beer league roller and ice.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Tampa needs a unique structure for its city skyline, whether it be functional, a piece of art, or both.

I don't see it as an overly important priority. If you can get a signature structure, and it makes sense, then go for it. Vinikville certainly has the space, but Vinik has said nearly from the beginning that the district will always be a work in progress. Even when it's done it's not 'done'. Buildings will always come and go, etc. Skyscrapers in particular are somewhat troublesome as they eat up all of the tenants (there's also very few people who can build them). Vinik or Tampa could be doing infill to have things connect to each other, and provide nice street life, or they could build upwards too early and have to wait decades before the market catches up. The character of the city is also altered in that time.

SunTrust Financial Center is a fairly identifiable building already there.

I couldn't really ID the New Orleans skyline from Portland (OR), Vancouver, Montreal, Boston, etc, and they all do fine.

Last edited:

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
I don't see it as an overly important priority. If you can get a signature structure, and it makes sense, then go for it. Vinikville certainly has the space, but Vinik has said nearly from the beginning that the district will always be a work in progress. Even when it's done it's not 'done'. Buildings will always come and go, etc. Skyscrapers in particular are somewhat troublesome as they eat up all of the tenants (there's also very few people who can build them). Vinik or Tampa could be doing infill to have things connect to each other, and provide nice street life, or they could build upwards too early and have to wait decades before the market catches up. The character of the city is also altered in that time.

SunTrust Financial Center is a fairly identifiable building already there.

I couldn't really ID the New Orleans skyline from Portland (OR), Vancouver, Montreal, Boston, etc, and they all do fine.

yea certainly not a priority or important for that matter, it would just be nice.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay...wn-tampadistrict-will-have-a-20m.html?ana=hfb

Vinik's downtown Tampa district will have a $20M 'wellness' focus

Strategic Property Partners, the real estate company controlled by Vinik and Cascade Investment LLC, will partner with New York-based Delos on the wellness initiative, which represents a $20 million investment. Vinik's district will be the first "WELL Certified" district in the world, according to his team.
Through Delos' "Wellness Real Estate" program, the buildings in Vinik's district will be WELL certified based on the following criteria: air, water, nourishment, light, fitness, comfort and mind.

I don't know what any of this ****ing means.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Hope you guys like air, water, and nourishment.

I'm generally a fan of those things. They're nice to have around.

What I find irritating, is that I've lived in this area for 25 years and downtown has always been a deserted wasteland, with nothing to do and nothing to look at, except on game days. Now I'm on my last year in Tampa, and all kinds of neato things are happening. Wah.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Hope you guys like air, water, and nourishment.

and mind.

It won't be WELL certified if it's just nourishment and mind.

www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2...-of-downtown-development-alone.html?ana=buttz

Vinik: First phase of downtown development alone will be more than $1 billion

Tampa Bay Lightning owner Jeff Vinik's plans for downtown Tampa have grown significantly since the preliminary vision was unveiled in late 2014.

Originally pegged as a $1 billion development, the project is now estimated at $2 billion, Vinik said Tuesday. The first phase alone will be more than $1 billion and take three to four years to build out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad