Confirmed with Link: Complete Rebranding, New Logo, Arena Renovations & Vinikville - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=890794
The Tampa Bay Lightning and Tampa Bay Sports & Entertainment have hired industry veteran Sean Walker to the position of vice president of innovation and technology services. Walker will serve as part of the senior leadership team and will be responsible for the overall technological direction of the organization and arena operations.

“We are very excited to announce the addition of Sean Walker to the Tampa Bay Sports & Entertainment family today,” CEO Steve Griggs said. “The most important thing in creating a world-class organization is hiring world-class people, and we feel we have done that with Sean. He has been on the cutting edge of innovation throughout his career and will work to improve our overall infrastructure, integration, operational efficiency and, most importantly, our guest experience through technology. On behalf of the entire organization we’d like to welcome him back to his home state of Florida.”

Walker joins the Lightning from the National Basketball Association (NBA) where he served as associate vice president of team, arena and event technology. In that position he developed and led key strategic technology initiatives for the NBA and also worked with senior management to develop the strategy and implementation plan league-wide.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Another year coming up and another year with that dreaded goal song. Anyone got any ideas? I'm gonna call the Lightning up in the next couple of days and see if there's any way I can pitch our suggestions to them.

I'm gonna try my luck with this.

I don't listen to ska music ever but this upbeat and jolly tune could get just about anyone excited. When it's chanted out loud amongst a raucous crowd it's amazing to hear.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
I know that I'm alone on this here, but I'd love to have the last 10-15 seconds of this song be our goal song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0swm-f_2ik

I could see the crowd singing along with the: "Grab ahold of a Lightning Bolt, and you throw down the Lightning, crush all those who do oppose. Throw down the Lighting, Crush all those who do oppose, WHAT!!!"

I know the songs far too goofy for people to get behind it, but I think its the right combo of fun, and annoying like Chicago playing "Chelsea Dagger"

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I love the Aquabats so I'd be down with it. If they put the lyrics on the screen for a while I think enough people would get it. At least Sticks of Fire would sing along.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I know that I'm alone on this here, but I'd love to have the last 10-15 seconds of this song be our goal song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0swm-f_2ik

I could see the crowd singing along with the: "Grab ahold of a Lightning Bolt, and you throw down the Lightning, crush all those who do oppose. Throw down the Lighting, Crush all those who do oppose, WHAT!!!"

I know the songs far too goofy for people to get behind it, but I think its the right combo of fun, and annoying like Chicago playing "Chelsea Dagger"

I can agree with that. You've got to have something catchy that's going to get stuck in your head and is very easy to recognize and memorize. Personally I think Vuxland or whatever it is we have sounds like a really badly done rendition of the NYR song.

Fun little fact, "We are the Champions" never placed too high on the charts compared to other Queen songs but I remember reading that group of scientists did a study on catchiest song that's the one they found to be number 1 all time because it had criteria on things like tune, recognizably, easiness of memorization and something else... I think it was harmony? They used some other "sciency" factors too but that's what I remember.

So far I've got

1. Worlds Apart -CFO$
2. Do You Want To -Franz Ferdinand (from last year)
3. Tiger Rider vs Time Sprinkler Aqua bats

Give me some more suggestions guys. I want us to have the best goal song in the NHL and not that damn Blackhawks for like the 6th year in a row

I've got no idea how the hell I can pass this on to the Lightning but I've got a great fiance who is dogged enough to figure that out for me.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Haha that's nice. I'm 39 with a pretty eclectic musical taste(and lived in their area for years) so I can't believe I've never heard of the band. Thanks. :)

Glad I can introduce someone new to the Aquabats. Trust me, they are one of the more fun bands out there. They started in the early 90's as a 'band' of super heroes. Almost twenty years later they got a kids show where they got to play a band of super heroes. It was awesome in that way that you can see someone realizing their dreams after being told they were fools for most there life.

Plus their music is pretty kickass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad