Confirmed with Link: Complete Rebranding, New Logo & Arena Renovations - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
All you have done is call fans who like it fickle. HOW DOES LIKING A LOGO MAKE YOU A FICKLE FAN? It's not a hard question.

Last edited by a moderator:

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
All you have done is call fans who like it fickle. HOW DOES LIKING A LOGO MAKE YOU A FICKLE FAN? It's not a hard question.

All you have done is call fans who like it fickle.

Nope. I said in my previous post, and will say again, the area fans are fickle and this is just part of that example. They aren't fickle because they like the logo, they are fickle and liking crummy changes is something that doesn't bother them.

I realize some people may like it. Great. Not sure why, but then again alot of people have some love for plain, bland, and throwback. I'll never understand that, but they won't understand why I like the loud and fun looking.

I think this drastic change in logos and unis is a huge downgrade regardless. And a large majority of people disliked the logo, so it's not like I'm alone just because I talk about it.

You need to chill.

I don't see that being any fun.

Considering Vinik has more money than he knows what to do with, I'm not wishing the man be struck broke. I just think it would be fun if they couldn't use the logo.

Last edited by a moderator:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Lol, to be honest I have.

He's the one who's berating me and insulting me. I've done nothing of the sort to begin with or in response.

I've been pretty calm about it all when discussing with other people. This guy can't leave me alone.
You have to start to accept that there are people who actually like the new look. So while you don't, you still won't change their opinions. Not even by repeating yourself. ;)

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
You have to start to accept that there are people who actually like the new look. So while you don't, you still won't change their opinions. Not even by repeating yourself. ;)

I'm well aware, but often times other people agree or add something. So I concur and add to it.

On the flip side of that, other people post something different about their dislike, and often times don't read the other posts I made so I reiterate my point to them.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
You don't have to buy new merchandise to support the team.

If I hate the logo, which I do, why the hell would I wear it? I'm a season ticket holder, I'm pretty sure that means I support the team a little bit more than someone wearing a new logo hat.

And I'm not going to stir the pot with Buffalo fans, but they had a whole site against the slug. I'm pretty sure alot of fans that hated it didn't just roll over and accept it.

I wasn't talking about Tampa Bay area fans being fickle merely because of their purchasing habits. Their purchasing habits just reinforce the fickle fan base in this area.

How many home Bucs games were on TV this year?

When did the Bolts attendance start to rise?

You're way off base, nice try though.

Whatever man, you had post after post calling people who liked the logo and jerseys fickle and complacent. Never brought up any of this other stuff until now. As a fellow season ticket holder who is not a 100% in love with the logo (but doesn't hate it), I'm saying I'm going to buy the gear anyway. Take that how you want, like I don't already know what that's going to be.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Whatever man, you had post after post calling people who liked the logo and jerseys fickle and complacent. Never brought up any of this other stuff until now. As a fellow season ticket holder who is not a 100% in love with the logo (but doesn't hate it), I'm saying I'm going to buy the gear anyway. Take that how you want, like I don't already know how what that's going to be.

No, my post said the fans in this area are fickle. They are complacent in accepting the logo even though the poll showed a large majority didn't like the logo. They will accept it.

I didn't say fans were fickle if they liked the logo. I said due to the fans being so fickle, the ones who don't like it are complacent enough to just accept it.

I never thought I'd have to explain myself so much. Should I simplify?

Tampa Bay area fans= fickle.
Fickle people= unwilling to stand up even if they hate it.

There you go.

Last edited:

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Yep, you simplified it all right. You believe that the entire sports base in this area are bandwagoners (might as well use that term, your simplification made it perfectly clear what you meant), that will buy into any brand of **** that a team throws at a wall as long as that team is currently winning. Yes?

I don't think you're right, but since this has become a totally worthless, repetitive discussion, I'm out. Have a good one.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Yep, you simplified it all right. You believe that the entire sports base in this area are bandwagoners (might as well use that term, your simplification made it perfectly clear what you meant), that will buy into any brand of **** that a team throws at a wall as long as that team is currently winning. Yes?

I don't think you're right, but since this has become a totally worthless, repetitive discussion, I'm out. Have a good one.

As a die hard Bucs and Bolts fan with season tickets to both for over a 15 years each, I have seen the fans in this area be fickle.

Yes, bandwagon. Whatever. They jump on the local team when they win, and don't give a damn when they're losing.

So even though there are others who hate the logo like me, they aren't likely to express their feelings to get the message to the owners.

Not all, just some.

This is getting old, as you said, we can agree on something. People don't like what I said or took it the wrong way, oh well.

I'm frustrated at the logo change, and frustrated at the fans around here for years. Nothing personal to anyone, not sure why it's being taken that way.

Tokala

Aug 9, 2005
No, my post said the fans in this area are fickle. They are complacent in accepting the logo even though the poll showed a large majority didn't like the logo. They will accept it.

Where is this poll that you refer to all the time? Do you have a link? Stating something is disliked by a "majority" of fans without any data is not an accurate statement.

nhljohnson

Jul 4, 2006
Call me callous, but I do find it quite humorous that somebody could be so bent out of shape over a logo/identity change. I mean, I haven't seen this type of passion since the rise of the Birther movement.

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
Where is this poll that you refer to all the time? Do you have a link? Stating something is disliked by a "majority" of fans without any data is not an accurate statement.

There was a poll on Part 1 of the Branding thread here. Cristodero had a poll on his blog and there was another one out on the web somewhere that I can't recall now. I'll find the links when I get home later. Also, while not an official "poll" per se, the TBL Facebook page was getting lit up with tons of negative comments. The data is definitely out there.

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
Call me callous, but I do find it quite humorous that somebody could be so bent out of shape over a logo/identity change. I mean, I haven't seen this type of passion since the rise of the Birther movement.

I think we need more of that passion IMHO.

CommunistDayKare

I'M SORRY RUM HAM
Mar 7, 2010
Tampa, FL
There was a poll on Part 1 of the Branding thread here. Cristodero had a poll on his blog and there was another one out on the web somewhere that I can't recall now. I'll find the links when I get home later. Also, while not an official "poll" per se, the TBL Facebook page was getting lit up with tons of negative comments. The data is definitely out there.
This was the poll from Cristodero's blog

SjHIs.png

Which is about where our poll is. It's not really the "large majority" because about half the people like them and half hate them, which is honestly pretty expected.

As far as the Facebook page, of course you're gonna see more negative comments than positive. People are more likely to go out of their way to voice their displeasure than they would to praise the new look.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I wouldn't put that much faith into that particular poll.

In order to gauge actual response to the redesign, a more comprehensive survey would have to be written.

I've made no secret about disliking the logo, so when I read that question on DC's blog, of course I'd vote that I hate 'them'. Whatever 'them' is meant to entail. And there's the problem. Any one of us could read into it what we want.

When in actuality, I'm okay with the essential sweater design, but just hate the logo. (and the blue string on the away sweater)

Last edited:

nhljohnson

Jul 4, 2006
I think we need more of that passion IMHO.

I dig passion, but sometimes it can strike others as misguided.

And this thread is a classic case of a 'discussion' going nowhere because opinion/perception is the only thing driving it.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
There's still a chance at lightning bolts on the pants and victory stripes!!
http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2011/2/13/uncertainty-in-nashville-and-tampa.html

Very interesting NHL news from Cork Gaines, who writes: “One of the Lightning radio broadcasters was on a local station in Tampa talking and mentioned that what they unveiled last week may not be exactly what they wear on the ice next season. He mentioned possibly adding a lightning bolt to the shorts and some other unspecified tweaks. This makes me think we got a mid-season unveiling just so the team could gauge reaction and make adjustments — a concept I’m surprised we don’t see more often.”

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
I dig passion, but sometimes it can strike others as misguided.

And this thread is a classic case of a 'discussion' going nowhere because opinion/perception is the only thing driving it.

I respectfully but completely disagree. Discussion forums are not created to serve the collective yes-men. A discussion board is a place to express opinions and perceptions, without unnecessary personal attacks. Theres nothing wrong with healthy debate, and this topic isn't a dead one based on the recent goings-on (ie. Alleged radio comments). On top of that, I'm not really sure how you can call one's opinion misguided. An opinion is an opinion, which in and of itself is a fact, and just because you don't agree with him or the way he expresses it doesn't make it any less valid.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I respectfully but completely disagree. Discussion forums are not created to serve the collective yes-men. A discussion board is a place to express opinions and perceptions, without unnecessary personal attacks. Theres nothing wrong with healthy debate, and this topic isn't a dead one based on the recent goings-on (ie. Alleged radio comments). On top of that, I'm not really sure how you can call one's opinion misguided. An opinion is an opinion, which in and of itself is a fact, and just because you don't agree with him or the way be expresses it doesn't make it any less valid.

Right.

I know I wouldn't close this thread, and not just for the stimulating conversation. I get the feeling that if there isn't an 'official' outlet provided, then it will threadjack just about any topic. There's still discussion to be had. Look at how many views and posts the original thread had.

Controversy, or the potential for it, is what keeps us coming back to HFBoards.

You all don't need to be warned again about personal attacks, but just remember - it ultimately doesn't matter. We are arguing about fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad