Confirmed with Link: Complete Rebranding, New Logo & Arena Renovations - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Part I: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=865200

Last three posts:
:handclap::handclap:

I am still hoping the negative feedback overwhelms them to a point they have to realize they ****ed up.

Clearly they won't back down as they think they've found something amazing. But hopefully enough negative reinforcement from their fans will make them consider the flaw of their decision.

icethetics had all the concepts from the process, I cannot believe they chose what they have now over all those. Just really pathetic.
I have to correct myself: Icethetics has some screenshots of FS Midwest (link). They used a blue version of the logo. Now that's even weirder, that SunSports uses the logo with the white (away) background logo and an out-of-town broadcast uses the blue (home). Nonetheless, both used the version with "Tampa Bay" on top which was my actual concern.

They also have some close-up screenshots of the NY Times' video posted above by TBLbrifri: Link.
I still like it. Even more now, after seeing it in person, and after watching the video...Sunday I gave up my contact info to a ticket rep for season tickets, and I'm just waiting on her to call me back with my seats to put down the 20%....The kicker was buying season tickets for next year gets me "priority seating" for the playoffs this year! Super stoked to finally be a season ticket holder...

We've reached the 1,000 replies mark. Please continue here.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Got an email about meeting my rep and locking in my season tix for next season. No numbers though. Anyone get any numbers out of them yet?

EDIT: Wow. Just got the email. To all of you people saying Vinik is only doing the improvements to the building etc to jusitfy raising ticket pricing. I was just told my season tickets will be the same price as they were this year.

Amazing.

Last edited:

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Got an email about meeting my rep and locking in my season tix for next season. No numbers though. Anyone get any numbers out of them yet?

EDIT: Wow. Just got the email. To all of you people saying Vinik is only doing the improvements to the building etc to jusitfy raising ticket pricing. I was just told my season tickets will be the same price as they were this year.

Amazing.

Throw in a jersey and first dibs on playoff tickets and Mr. Vinik has just handed you a steal.

Tokala

Aug 9, 2005

Amazing.

I've been sitting in 316 since October 1996. I've seen ticket prices fluctuate between $500-$1400. Since my seats are within the magical 7 rows from the top, I've been getting the $239 deal the last couple of seasons.

I asked my rep about ticket prices for 2011-12 on Friday. He showed my the seating chart and prices. My seats will increase to about $1100 unless I renew by March 25. If I renew, in full, by March 25, they stay at $239. My credit card will be used on Match 25 for $239.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
I've been sitting in 316 since October 1996. I've seen ticket prices fluctuate between $500-$1400. Since my seats are within the magical 7 rows from the top, I've been getting the $239 deal the last couple of seasons.

I asked my rep about ticket prices for 2011-12 on Friday. He showed my the seating chart and prices. My seats will increase to about $1100 unless I renew by March 25. If I renew, in full, by March 25, they stay at $239. My credit card will be used on Match 25 for $239.

:laugh::laugh:

Technically your seats were that $1100 more than what you pay for this year but you have been able to lock in your current pricing. Same thing with me and my friends.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Throw in a jersey and first dibs on playoff tickets and Mr. Vinik has just handed you a steal.

Jersey yes, but I would have dibs on my seats for the playoffs this year since Im currently a season ticket holder anyways.

But yes its a good deal once again especially when you include the free jerseys+guaranteed giveaways+discounts on food and merch.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I rewrote some of my last post on this, since quite a lot of it didn't make a whole lot of sense. I was writing stream-of-consciousness, and that can get confusing when there's so much of it.

If I can expand on that here, a bit more:

A factor that was apparently not considered, was not only the impression of 'professionalism' that the classic era teams wanted to exude, but what the patrons of the day expected.

Hockey wasn't always available to the plastic-sitters like it is now. Seeing a game used to be something that you dressed up to go to. Top hats and ****.

Does the new Lightning logo seem appropriate for top hat fare (who wish to see blood)? It's chillaxed enough to appeal to the sandwich grabbers, and there's the problem.

Professional hockey's history is top-down. Economically speaking. So the older the logos get, the more they look like they belong at a yacht club. Ours looks like a d-bag wearing a backwards cap on a jet ski.

Last edited:

CommunistDayKare

I'M SORRY RUM HAM
Mar 7, 2010
Tampa, FL
This is what the official site says:

What will happen to the "Bolts" third jersey? We still have the option to wear the third jersey moving forward if we so choose. The jersey would need some minor alterations (ie shoulder patch) if we elect to move forward with it, but the blue jersey with the white B-O-L-T-S lettering would remain as is.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

What will happen to the "Bolts" third jersey? We still have the option to wear the third jersey moving forward if we so choose. The jersey would need some minor alterations (ie shoulder patch) if we elect to move forward with it, but the blue jersey with the white B-O-L-T-S lettering would remain as is.

Thanks CDK

bov

Nov 13, 2010

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse...

Put the friggin shoulder patch on the front!

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
I rewrote some of my last post on this, since quite a lot of it didn't make a whole lot of sense. I was writing stream-of-consciousness, and that can get confusing when there's so much of it.

If I can expand on that here, a bit more:

A factor that was apparently not considered, was not only the impression of 'professionalism' that the classic era teams wanted to exude, but what the patrons of the day expected.

Hockey wasn't always available to the plastic-sitters like it is now. Seeing a game used to be something that you dressed up to go to. Top hats and ****.

Does the new Lightning logo seem appropriate for top hat fare (who wish to see blood)? It's chillaxed enough to appeal to the sandwich grabbers, and there's the problem.

Professional hockey's history is top-down. Economically speaking. So the older the logos get, the more they look like they belong at a yacht club. Ours looks like a d-bag wearing a backwards cap on a jet ski.
Would you feel better if people start wearing Top hats to games?

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
http://www.icethetics.info/

Look at all those other options, most FAR superior to what they chose.

Still doesn't appear to have anything that good in terms of design skill. I've seen people on forums with tons more talent and better logos than these guys. They really aren't that good.

The hell were they thinking? They had plenty of better options. I love the Zeus ones and the ones with several Lightning bolts.

Fail Vinik and Y, fail.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
http://www.icethetics.info/

Look at all those other options, most FAR superior to what they chose.

Still doesn't appear to have anything that good in terms of design skill. I've seen people on forums with tons more talent and better logos than these guys. They really aren't that good.

The hell were they thinking? They had plenty of better options. I love the Zeus ones and the ones with several Lightning bolts.

Fail Vinik and Y, fail.
The grass is always greener on the other side, right? I don't like any of those other options in that NY Times video at all. The Zeus stuff is cool but that's no primary logo material. It's the kind of stuff you get tired of after a while. It's too much, too cartoonish, too immature.

I like simple and minimalistic logos and jerseys, therefore I like the new color scheme, the new striping, the new patch logo. I'm still not sold on the oval circle in the primary logo* as well as the "Tampa Bay" on the away jerseys, and maybe adding the victory stripes wouldn't have hurt but yeah, I'm totally okay with the new look. Tastes differ.

Vinik, Leiweke, Yzerman & Co have done a tremendous job so far in every possible aspect. Let's give it a little time. After all, we haven't even seen them in game action yet.

*Edit: This would be my suggestion for the primary logo: Just the inner circle of the patch logo. It has a much higher value of brand recognition. It reminds of our old logos and combines both classic and modern aspects.

Behold! Mad Paint skills:

suggvev3.jpg

Last edited:

CommunistDayKare

I'M SORRY RUM HAM
Mar 7, 2010
Tampa, FL
I like using the bolt from the shoulder logo.

Those other suggestions though? IMO they're pure rubbish. I'd take the final design over all of those.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
The grass is always greener on the other side, right? I don't like any of those other options in that NY Times video at all. The Zeus stuff is cool but that's no primary logo material. It's the kind of stuff you get tired of after a while. It's too much, too cartoonish, too immature.

I like simple and minimalistic logos and jerseys, therefore I like the new color scheme, the new striping, the new patch logo. I'm still not sold on the oval circle in the primary logo* as well as the "Tampa Bay" on the away jerseys, and maybe adding the victory stripes wouldn't have hurt but yeah, I'm totally okay with the new look. Tastes differ.

Vinik, Leiweke, Yzerman & Co have done a tremendous job so far in every possible aspect. Let's give it a little time. After all, we haven't even seen them in game action yet.

*Edit: This would be my suggestion for the primary logo: Just the inner circle of the patch logo. It has a much higher value of brand recognition. It reminds of our old logos and combines both classic and modern aspects.

Behold! Mad Paint skills:

suggvev3.jpg

See I hate plain and bland. And that is what the new scheme is. The other logos are much more in depth, which when being a pro sports team, should know it would be a better look. No one will get bored with a great logo.

The Blackhawks have a pretty in depth logo that hasn't gone through much change. Ours could be drawn by an 8 year old.

Plain and bland is not what this team has been about, as we are not one of the original teams Stevie Y thinks we are. This crappy logo and bland redesign shows laziness and lack of creativity.

The new logo is something a high school team would have, on a low budget. With all the cool logos and schemes out there, and talented and well paid people, you think we could have had something better.

It's a shame.

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
At this point, the players can wear what the team says they're gonna wear but that logo ain't gonna show up on me. Not even a keychain. And that's what counts. Merchandise sales. The logo on the ice, the logos on the walls, painted on the floors doesn't bring in the money. No sales and this thing dies on the vine....

I'm contemplating buying a third before they bugger it up.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
I'm not sure how much worse the merchandise sales on the new stuff will actually be. Sales suck out loud now, with all the wonderful traditional stuff that everybody loves so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->