Confirmed with Link: Complete Rebranding, New Logo & Arena Renovations - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
I still think that a lot of this is an attempt to bury the OK Hockey days. I don't have a problem with an owner changing the logo/jersey to put their mark on their team. The underlying problem is that there is no long-term owners in the Lightning's history. You're not really going to have "traditions" as long as some new rich guy rolls into town to take over every 4-5 years. If Vinik stays long-term (10-15+ years), all of this will be forgotten.

As for the polls, you can dig long enough and find "data" to back up an opinion. The problem that I have with that poll is they didn't show how it was conducted? We know people can use multiple IP addresses to overload a poll in their favor....just look at the NHL All-Star selection process.

Good point but just to play devil's advocate, where are the polls that would suggest otherwise (e.g. that the re-brand is a complete success)?

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
Sent Gaines in email regarding what he said about the rebranding of the uniforms. Gaines replied to my email. Very interesting info and I am shocked none of us have come across sooner than this.

RE:

This is exactly the kind of tweaking that I thought they would do. The fact that a guy as close to the team as Mishkin hasn't ruled out the possibility of some tweaks, and that they are meeting with fans, might mean that they don't quite have a finished product.

The logo is literally everywhere now, that and the two color scheme is in all respects a dead issue. But those hoping for victory stripes and/or bolts on the pants should feel free to express some veiled optimism.

Awesome. Thanks for sharing with us...

Bolts on the pants and stripes under the arms seem like an easy addition. The stripes don't have to be massive like our current thirds, they could be simple like our originals.

Yeah I don't see the logo(s) going anywhere. Even other teams have picked up on it. A buddy of mine is using a Red Wings calendar background on his computer monitor and the next game between Detroit and TB shows the new logo, not the current one.

Also worth noting - some have griped about the new logo's central negative space due to the openings on the top and bottom of the oval (where the bolt touches the oval). The Red Wings calendar had the new logo, in blue, outlined in white (also filled with white in the negative space) and it actually looked decent. This keeps the logo from looking hollow.

Last edited:

Tokala

Aug 9, 2005
Good point but just to play devil's advocate, where are the polls that would suggest otherwise (e.g. that the re-brand is a complete success)?

Heck if I know. I really don't give a damn about the logo and jerseys.

CommunistDayKare

I'M SORRY RUM HAM
Mar 7, 2010
Tampa, FL
UniWatch also has another person getting invited by CEO Tod

Get this: Tim Zelmanski was so unhappy with the Lightning’s new uniforms that he wrote a lengthy letter to the team. Not only did he get a response, but he got an invitation: CEO Tod Leiweke has invited him to come in next week to chat about his concerns over coffee. Impressive! Keep us posted on how it goes, Tim.

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
Just means I'm like everyone else in this thread! :p:

Sort of. I was actually interested in discussing the validity of polls and other feedback methods since it pertains to the rebranding, as I feel this actually adds something of value to the discussion.

Saying you're indifferent (they could wear burlap sacks, use a cinder block as the primary logo, pink skates and green helmets or whatever) over and over again is just the same as someone *****ing about the changes over and over again and adding nothing constructive to the discussion.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
UniWatch also has another person getting invited by CEO Tod

That's great, I'd like to find a way to best contact the team.

I'll share my thoughts.

And still glad felonious is pessimistic like myself. The change is for money. Simple as that. I think that's just the reality of the situation. Not moving on from Koules. All Koules did was make an update, it's not like he created a huge new identity. That's what I would have expected being as flashy and the Saw guy. A whole new everything. But now this guy Vinik is doing it.

I still like the idea people are getting invited, but if this overwhelming output of peole being against the new look doesn't change anything. Than it's all for not.

Are they just offering something to fans, like a parent who hasn't taken care or seen their child for a long time so they shower them with gifts? I won't be placated if that's what they plan on doing. Here, have some food and new shirts. Great, cool, thanks for the free ****.

Back to you guys fixing this mess.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Sort of. I was actually interested in discussing the validity of polls and other feedback methods since it pertains to the rebranding, as I feel this actually adds something of value to the discussion.

Saying you're indifferent (they could wear burlap sacks, use a cinder block as the primary logo, pink skates and green helmets or whatever) over and over again is just the same as someone *****ing about the changes over and over again and adding nothing constructive to the discussion.

But will they listen? If it doesn't make a difference who cares. I think the polls should be at the forefront of the argument. But it's not like they can't just ignore it or say it isn't a valid reason.

And I wouldn't say I'm *****ing over and over, I'm responding to people and defending myself from the many attacks.

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
But will they listen? If it doesn't make a difference who cares. I think the polls should be at the forefront of the argument. But it's not like they can't just ignore it or say it isn't a valid reason.

And I wouldn't say I'm *****ing over and over, I'm responding to people and defending myself from the many attacks.

That's the problem with polls and whatnot. A lot of folks will say they don't mean anything, others say they help. I think they DO help, but to what extreme, I'm not sure. I subscribe to thinking the polls don't hurt, so they must help, to an extent - even if it is just supplemental to the face-to-face meetings being held. Look, for all we know, the polls and backlash on the web helpd to encouraged the powers-that-be to have these sit downs with people.

Wasn't calling you out specifically, with what I said BTW. ;)

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
That's the problem with polls and whatnot. A lot of folks will say they don't mean anything, others say they help. I think they DO help, but to what extreme, I'm not sure. I subscribe to thinking the polls don't hurt, so they must help, to an extent.

Wasn't calling you out specifically, with what I said BTW. ;)

I think they do as well. I mean a poll should be an excellent guage of general reactions. I wish they would have given some samples and released polls with it.

I don't get how polls can be flawed. You click if you like it or you don't. Nothing crazy to figure out. The owners should value a poll like this.

And thanks, I wasn't sure lol. I just am used to being attacked in this thread so I'm kinda on the defensive. Sorry about that.

Tokala

Aug 9, 2005

Since I'm not against or for the redesign, I'm not going searching for polls to support someone else's views. I agree that me posting indifference is exactly the same as someone constantly posting their vitriol or infatuation with the rebranding. BFD.

I don't get how polls can be flawed. You click if you like it or you don't. Nothing crazy to figure out. The owners should value a poll like this.

Polls are consistently flawed. Statistically you can't poll just one side of the opinion. You must ensure that opinions come from all different peoples. Questions have to be worded so that they do not lead people to a desired answer. Internet polls need to ensure that one bitter person can't vote more than once. There are lots of statistical controls that need to be in place to make a poll or study valid.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Since I'm not against or for the redesign, I'm not going searching for polls to support someone else's views. I agree that me posting indifference is exactly the same as someone constantly posting their vitriol or infatuation with the rebranding. BFD.

Polls are consistently flawed. Statistically you can't poll just one side of the opinion. You must ensure that opinions come from all different peoples. Questions have to be worded so that they do not lead people to a desired answer. Internet polls need to ensure that one bitter person can't vote more than once. There are lots of statistical controls that need to be in place to make a poll or study valid.

Well why don't the owners send emails to season ticket holders and others who have had dealings with the team they can email to gain feedback.

Simple email.

Do you like the new logo? Do you like the new colors? Do you like the new uniforms?

Tokala

Aug 9, 2005
Well why don't the owners send emails to season ticket holders and others who have had dealings with the team they can email to gain feedback.

Simple email.

Do you like the new logo? Do you like the new colors? Do you like the new uniforms?

They do have an email database that they use to send out weekly news and order forms for tickets to other events/concerts. I don't know why the chose not to survey the season ticket holders? I have email addresses for some of the management. I have not contacted them because I'm fine with the new logo and jersey. I wasn't excited or pissed off by the new designs. I'm beginning to like the simplicity of the logo. I have to reserve judgement of the uniforms until I actually see one. A couple modeled by 3 players, Espo, and Andreychuk just don't give me enough to make a decision.

I know boltsfan2029 and talked with her prior to her meeting. I relayed that I would like to see the victory stripes and bolts on the pants remain with the new uniforms. So, I haven't been completely laissez faire about the changes.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
They do have an email database that they use to send out weekly news and order forms for tickets to other events/concerts. I don't know why the chose not to survey the season ticket holders? I have email addresses for some of the management. I have not contacted them because I'm fine with the new logo and jersey. I wasn't excited or pissed off by the new designs. I'm beginning to like the simplicity of the logo. I have to reserve judgement of the uniforms until I actually see one. A couple modeled by 3 players, Espo, and Andreychuk just don't give me enough to make a decision.

I know boltsfan2029 and talked with her prior to her meeting. I relayed that I would like to see the victory stripes and bolts on the pants remain with the new uniforms. So, I haven't been completely laissez faire about the changes.

Are these email addresses locked away Fort Knox style, or are you willing to share so I may email my concerns?

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think you guys/gals will learn to love them when we see them play in them. I think you guys will love them when you see Stamkos rifle another one from the circle past the goalie. Lets the see the product on ice before we totally judge them. Thats just my opinion though.

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
Ran across this and thought it was interesting. The current Bolts pants (WITH the bolts, to be clear) rank 4th in the league.

Yes, someone rated pants.

EDIT: Why is this site masked? If you want to see the page just do a search for bleacher report "don't call them shorts" and it should come up. Evidently HF doesn't like BR.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Ran across this and thought it was interesting. The current Bolts pants (WITH the bolts, to be clear) rank 4th in the league.

Yes, someone rated pants.

EDIT: Why is this site masked? If you want to see the page just do a search for bleacher report "don't call them shorts" and it should come up. Evidently HF doesn't like BR.

Or the poll sites.

Every game I go to I get so annoyed. They are litterally shoving this new logo in your face. Everyone I talked to around me hated it. A fellow season ticket holder who I hadn't seen in a while told me how much he disliked it.

The Red Wings fans even liked the black in it. They even put the new logo on the banner, right next to the Leafs banner. So dumb.

Just seeing the current logo and the depth and realistic look in comparison to this new one everywhere really reinforced my dislike for the new logo. It's a huge downgrade.

My buddy and I went to Ozzy tonight, and he had an Electric logo background on his phone. Looks way too close.

Still waiting on someone willing to share the contact info on the management with me so I can let them know how I feel about it.

It's not on their website from what I saw, just a general contact link which does no good.

I have alot to tell them about this new $cheme and logo$ and color$. (see what i did there? :naughty:)

Tokala

Aug 9, 2005
Still waiting on someone willing to share the contact info on the management with me so I can let them know how I feel about it.

Based on how you express yourself here, I don't feel like giving out any email addresses. I'd suggest if you're at one of the games keep your eyes open for Vinik or Leiweke since they both regularly walk the concourses.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Based on how you express yourself here, I don't feel like giving out any email addresses. I'd suggest if you're at one of the games keep your eyes open for Vinik or Leiweke since they both regularly walk the concourses.

How I express myself?

Like an upset, but level headed person?

If you're going to insult me in a round-about way, at least make sense. The way I'm pissed and talking here, is not the way I'd approach them.

I'm not a fool, don't take me as one. I can adjust my demeanor given any circumstance, I'm not a child.

And unless it was responding to people here, all of my statements have been pretty decent. Nothing crazy or off color. Just frustrated.

Pretty sure as a fan I'm entitled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad