Post-Game Talk: Comeback falls short Jets lose 5-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Good fight by the team. Really feel for Samberg and glad both Bowness and Lowry talked about him after the game. Hope it doesnt weigh on the kid too much.

I am usually a half-full kind of guy, but I don't see how this team advances forward and makes a run without Morrissey. With him done for the series, maybe we can make it work but the competition will only get tougher.

So at the very least do the rest of the teams a favour and take out Vegas. Not because they are good, but because **** Vegas.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I think the Jets D can step up - but it will be a tall order with reffing like this. That March dive was brutal...

Vegas has a lot of knee on knee hits - McNabb almost took out Names, saw Maena get one too in that game - if the refs keep ignoring that another Jet will get hurt

Still waiting for a game where Scheif takes the team on his back and wins it for us... he had flashes both ways in this game - but his retaliation penalty cost the team

Jets NEED net front presence - PLD and Nino probably shouldn't be on the same line - PP still has no one in front... don't get it

Think Helle steals the next game for us - Vegas getting all the puck luck right now

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
I think the Jets D can step up - but it will be a tall order with reffing like this. That March dive was brutal...

Vegas has a lot of knee on knee hits - McNabb almost took out Names, saw Maena get one too in that game - if the refs keep ignoring that another Jet will get hurt

Still waiting for a game where Scheif takes the team on his back and wins it for us... he had flashes both ways in this game - but his retaliation penalty cost the team

Jets NEED net front presence - PLD and Nino probably shouldn't be on the same line - PP still has no one in front... don't get it

Think Helle steals the next game for us - Vegas getting all the puck luck right now

I think you are indirectly addressing the real issue, and I don't think it is the officiating. PLD's penalty in double OT is 10/10 a penalty and this forum would be full on pitchfork mode if it happened to our team and nothing was called. This team cannot afford to be undisciplined. Play hard, but our team has a better chance if someone like PLD isn't in the penalty box for 3mins 57sec of overtime

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I think you are indirectly addressing the real issue, and I don't think it is the officiating. PLD's penalty in double OT is 10/10 a penalty and this forum would be full on pitchfork mode if it happened to our team and nothing was called. This team cannot afford to be undisciplined. Play hard, but our team has a better chance if someone like PLD isn't in the penalty box for 3mins 57sec of overtime
Agree but not calling the obvious trip on Dillon is very bad officiating.

Reactions: RustyCat

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
No clip but watching the highlight of it, it looked kinda harmless.
I think SN showed the clip of Morrissey's last shift rather than where he actually got injured. The descriptions I heard were that someone got him knee on knee, and he took one more short shift after. But I haven't seen anything - I missed seeing it live (it may not have even been on camera). I'd love to hear if anyone actually saw it.

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
I almost wish we came up short and lost in regulation. That was a f***ing heartbreaker... If 44 is out, we're not going to beat Vegas three more times - we're done if that's the case.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
I think SN showed the clip of Morrissey's last shift rather than where he actually got injured. The descriptions I heard were that someone got him knee on knee, and he took one more short shift after. But I haven't seen anything - I missed seeing it live (it may not have even been on camera). I'd love to hear if anyone actually saw it.
Nobody got him knee on knee it was a hit he threw that injured him. He tried to hit somebody and their legs made some kind of contact during the hit but it looked like nothing at the time.

There was no clear cause of the injury.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

The situation sucks but the GIF had me laughing out loud.

I almost wish we came up short and lost in regulation. That was a f***ing heartbreaker... If 44 is out, we're not going to beat Vegas three more times - we're done if that's the case.

Was it over when the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbour?

moosehead81

Jan 7, 2012
Great White North
Vegas throws a lot of picks and interference hits after puck possession. Unless the refs start calling them, which I doubt will happen, the Jets will have to learn to play through that crap. As far as the defence goes, I'd beef up and put Stanley in. He's maybe a mite slow but he can clear the front of the net and may have something to prove. I'd expect a big game from him if that's the way they go.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
I have to admit that I was ready to walk away from the TV after the second period. I'm glad I didn't as the remainder of the game had me on the edge of my chair. The ending was deflating but it was exciting. I'm going to Monday's game (first live game since way before the pandemic) and am truly looking forward to it although I'll have to buy something white to fit in. I'm hoping that Marks/Sportschek will have at least a white t-shirt. Win or lose it will be a blast to be a part of that "White Out" crowd.

I thought Samberg played well all things considered. The pass that lead to the goal was, basically, an unforced error. The play probably should have been a pass along the wall to the winger (was it Connor?) instead of trying the direct line route through the Vegas forward. However, if it were Connor, who was having trouble handling the puck most of the game, Samberg might have thought that a straight-line pass was better. C'est la vie. He'll learn from this. I saw a couple teammates consoling him which is a good start.

And Pionk, well, I've been on his case all season but he played well (my eye test). He definitely carried the load after Morrisey's departure. Kudos to him. He'll be counted on for the remainder of the series.

A lot of folks having been railing against Wheeler for most of the season and I'm thinking they were on the mark. The play seems to die whenever the puck is anywhere near his stick. He may sporadically make a great pass but, man, he certainly has lost the ability to take one.

Given the team's list of injuries, Helly will have to revert to "Vezina Helly" for the team to have any hope. So, here's hoping.

I've got more opinions (inconsistent refs, etc.) but I'll leave it here.

Go Jets Go!

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

His and Whitecloud's knees collided but I wouldn't call it a knee on knee hit, it was incidental more than anything.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
The situation sucks but the GIF had me laughing out loud.

Was it over when the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbour?
For the sake of the readers here, I believe that it was the Japanese that bombed Pear Harbour, causing them to escalate World War 2. It was at this point that President Truman, decided to drop 2 atomic bombs on the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Japan surrendered fast, which ended the war.

I'm fairly sure on this, however if I'm wrong, I would invite any poster to correct me, as I'm going by memory reading on this subject.

Double Checked - yes, on December 7/ 1941, the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour, setting off many consequences. Their imminent demise.

Last edited:

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
Pionk was unbelievable. He played every second shift and was basically the reason we came back. He's incredibly physical for a smaller guy. Every defenseman makes mistakes, but he was a irreplaceable.

Morrissey wasn't 100% at the end of the season. He probably aggravated his existing injury.

PLD is not skating well and has to be better. 55 is not fully engaged yet.

If we can roll 4 lines and play a team game like much of the series, and Helle plays like he can. We can win for sure.

I'm assuming Capobianco gets the call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad