Post-Game Talk: Comeback falls short Jets lose 5-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Of course they can still compete. Can they win 3 of 4? Welllllll I don't know. We're gonna find out though!
Fair point.
If they lose but show efforts like last night sans Morrissey, as opposed to game-2 with Morrissey, I don't there'll be much complaining or negativity around here.

Reactions: roccerfeller

hardystar

Jan 18, 2023
Very disappointing result. But they didn't give up and kept going. The cards are stacked against us, but I expect us to win the next game. I also expect Helle to win at least 1 game on his own. Hopefully these are two separate games.

On another note, I thought it was nice to see Mark S actually giving a s*%t in the scrum. He is typically a bit ho-hum out there. Kevin Bieksa was calling it "unhinged" lol.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Despite a losing effort gotta give it 3 out of 5 Schwarzeneggers

1682272817216.gif

1682272817216.gif

1682272817216.gif

No JoMo, no chance I fear!

MarkWheeler

Dec 16, 2018
I think Wheeler could play both forward and defence. I’m sure the coaching staff would love a way to get him some more Ice time. If he could play 40-50 minutes a game I’m thinking they’d be happy.
As long as he can kind of stand up and breathe mostly under his own power.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
That might be a good plan. I think both Maenalanen and Gus played with a lot more physical fortitude in yesterdays game, but I don't think the team would necessarily miss either of them.

Maybe we go crazy and dress Capo and Stan, and bring in AJF. He can be a sparkplug and I think he's more versatile than 8 or 19 at this point.
Jets are going to want some penalty killers. Neither Stenlund nor Maenalanen got the job done yesterday. That 2-0 goal, where they both turned away from the puck and the flub basically went right through them, whereas either of them could have created a breakaway if they were facing the shot, was a big goal.

I did like the way Maenalanen came flying in to finish checks, he got Karlsson I think it was to completely bail out, but in terms of scoring chances that line didn't generate anything. Hitting for Maenalanen is usually a sign he doesn't have the puck, and there are better ways than big hits to get the puck, like relentless pressure. I'm still not sold on Maenalanen...Gustafsson I think plays smart, he doesn't break down in the defensive zone.

I wouldn't mind seeing all the Swedes on one line again, if the coaches go that way. I'd be happier to see a lineup that had Ehlers and Perfetti, because I think they could change the tide. But someone has to kill penalties and do it well. Might be time to give more ice time to Barron and Gus in that respect. But in getting to know Bones coaching style, he falls into putting out the guys that make mistakes, because they are vets, as opposed to letting the rooks have a shot, because they could make mistakes. Samberg being the exception, who in fact did make a huge mistake.

I think 7 d-man is ok, but again you have roles on this team. Take out a PKer, after the PK shit the bed, and replace them and Morrissey with two defensemen, one of whom might get the PP2 responsibility at best, really changes up the look.

I'm leaning towards Capobianco for his skating, because the Jets need a d-man besides Pionk and Schmidt who can generate offense below the circles and who can handle the puck well...

The one thing about putting Stanley in is I think he could knock Mark Stone out of the series with a good clean hard hit...and that changes the whole complexion of it.

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Injuries aside, we all agreed we needed God mode Hellebuyck to have a chance. Whelp...

Screenshot_20230423-141257_Chrome.jpg

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
Very disappointing result. But they didn't give up and kept going. The cards are stacked against us, but I expect us to win the next game. I also expect Helle to win at least 1 game on his own. Hopefully these are two separate games.

On another note, I thought it was nice to see Mark S actually giving a s*%t in the scrum. He is typically a bit ho-hum out there. Kevin Bieksa was calling it "unhinged" lol.
I’m not sure I can 100% believe in playoff Helly anymore. He needs to be a bit better for the team to have any chance at all. He needs to be lights out at home.

MarkWheeler

Dec 16, 2018
I’m not sure I can 100% believe in playoff Helly anymore. He needs to be a bit better for the team to have any chance at all. He needs to be lights out at home.
100%. Home ice advantage is negated pretty quickly when you’re digging yourself out of a 2 goal hole right from the get go. He seems to struggle horribly with the first 3 shots against on a regular basis.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Pionk was unbelievable. He played every second shift and was basically the reason we came back. He's incredibly physical for a smaller guy. Every defenseman makes mistakes, but he was a irreplaceable.

Morrissey wasn't 100% at the end of the season. He probably aggravated his existing injury.

PLD is not skating well and has to be better. 55 is not fully engaged yet.

If we can roll 4 lines and play a team game like much of the series, and Helle plays like he can. We can win for sure.

I'm assuming Capobianco gets the call?

Hellebuyck needs to be our best player. He hasn't been. EOS

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
If your hanging out in a bar for several hours, the service must be really bad or their bartender is really Axel gorgeous.
Neither. I was invited to observe two bartenders for a few shifts. I sat at the quiet corner of an upscale bar, sipped a few free virgins, and watched how the evening progressed.

The Jets game was scheduled perfectly for the ride I accepted, until things went into overtime. Since my ride had to start work on time, plus I needed to glam up, plus the downtown was crowded way longer than planned, things got a little hectic. Overall, the evening was successful but it would have been so much better if we'd managed to win the game.

The fact that we've won one and lost one, plus lost another in double overtime, speaks well of the Jets, especially without Josh Morrissey. We're pushing the best team in the conference right to the max. If we can regroup and get charged up for tomorrow night, we can still win this.

Who draws in? Stanley or Copabianco? And does Ehlers ever come back and replace Gus-Gus?

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
That was one of the wildest games in recent memory. The atmosphere seemed magical on TV. We battled, we showed passion, we didn't give up. Not in our house. I woke up my whole neighbourhood when we equalised. It must have been around 1.30 - 2.30 am.. can't really recall. Too much alcohol and adrenaline in my system. So much joy, hope and happiness.. I thought we were gonna make it. and then it happened...

I'm still utterly devastated.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
That was one of the wildest games in recent memory. The atmosphere seemed magical on TV. We battled, we showed passion, we didn't give up. Not in our house. I woke up my whole neighbourhood when we equalised. It must have been around 1.30 - 2.30 am.. can't really recall. Too much alcohol and adrenaline in my system. So much joy, hope and happiness.. I thought we were gonna make it. and then it happened...

I'm still utterly devastated.
You know it was hard to watch us lose at first but that comeback in the 3rd really has me more pumped than upset right now. Had we been up 4-1 going into the 3rd and lost that would have been devastating. We play like we did in the 3rd period tomorrow and we are definitely winning and tying up the series.

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
You know it was hard to watch us lose at first but that comeback in the 3rd really has me more pumped than upset right now. Had we been up 4-1 going into the 3rd and lost that would have been devastating. We play like we did in the 3rd period tomorrow and we are definitely winning and tying up the series.

I'm still recovering. Having Norrissey out is a huge blow. I have to admit I remain skeptical for now.

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Was it over when the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbour?

No... Kind of a silly comparison. Hey, I hope the Jets can pull this out - but with the key injuries they have I don't see that happening any more than me winning Lotto 649 this week. But it could happen!

And I'm still pissed that the douchebag from the Wild that took out Ehlers is playing. This will never happen, but I think every time a player is fined for an offense - if the injured party is out for a month because of a reckless, dangerous hit - the offender should remain out as well. Won't happen, but it should.

The players don't give a rats a** about the minuscule fines they receive (in comparison to their salaries).

Last edited:

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
No you don't. Some people need to work on their humour reception. BTW, it's well known that the Americans bombed themselves at Pearl Harbour at the behest of the military-industrial complex to justify spending billions on the war effort.

GGsA.gif

And now, to answer a request...

Fack. Such a nothing play too.

Reactions: Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad