Post-Game Talk: Comeback falls short Jets lose 5-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TEH FIRST NOEL

Jan 31, 2021
PAUL MAURICE'S LUGGAGE
The Dude can be a force of nature and then 3 min go by and its like his brain is a glass jar full of jawbreakers

He needs byfuglien to teach him the ways of using both his body and brain effectively on the ice

Ehlers is no where close to as important as Morrissey is. This is pure delusion.

are you going to try and explain why? otherwise, your post is just a baseless opinion

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I hate the result...
But... that was the first time in years that I got to watch the game with my best friends and it's hard to replicate the feelings of that comeback and miracle Lowry goal to tie the game.
Losing in double OT the way we did was painful but I'm hopeful we can get the win on Monday and continue to give ourselves a chance to win this series.

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019
He needs byfuglien to teach him the ways of using both his body and brain effectively on the ice

are you going to try and explain why? otherwise, your post is just a baseless opinion
And you're hopeless if you think Ehlers is more important to the Jets than Morrissey.

Playoff Ehlers, 4 goals in 31 playoff games. Calling him the Jets best sniper is a joke. 11.8 career S%, but his shot is supposedly improving while his percentages are trending downward. More HFBoards/Jets board sychophantry and projecting everything onto Ehlers for the Jets success.

They WERE in 1st place, and PLD, Connor, and Morrissey were all pacing at ~100 point seasons, and then Ehlers came back to save the day.

I was laughed off (expectedly) for saying that the Jets would take two steps back once Ehlers came back. They took two steps back when Ehlers came back. But hey, he carried them into the playoffs...

How about you explain how Ehlers is more important to the Jets than Morrissey?

Reactions: Gotaf7

TEH FIRST NOEL

Jan 31, 2021
PAUL MAURICE'S LUGGAGE
And you're hopeless if you think Ehlers is more important to the Jets than Morrissey.

Playoff Ehlers, 4 goals in 31 playoff games. Calling him the Jets best sniper is a joke. 11.8 career S%, but his shot is supposedly improving while his percentages are trending downward. More HFBoards/Jets board sychophantry and projecting everything onto Ehlers for the Jets success.

They WERE in 1st place, and PLD, Connor, and Morrissey were all pacing at ~100 point seasons, and then Ehlers came back to save the day.

I was laughed off (expectedly) for saying that the Jets would take two steps back once Ehlers came back. They took two steps back when Ehlers came back. But hey, he carried them into the playoffs...

How about you explain how Ehlers is more important to the Jets than Morrissey?

"lol"

thanks for the attempt at pettily insulting on the internet due to a reply to your post

all I asked was a single, simple question. I was guessing that it might trigger you and to spew logical fallacies

why are you asking me to explain that "ehlers is more important to the jets than morrissey" when I never wrote that?

as for what ya wrote about ehlers and morrissey, that was under the middling mediocrity of paurice. these are different circumstances. also, the season is the season, bro. let it go. this is playoffs. they are diff. I never and am not "laughing of" at you

with that said, I'll write this: the jets seem to be doing alright defensively. the team needs some offensive injection. one goal, one assist, one play can change and, even, win the game. that's all it takes. with ehlers out there, the jets get that

(and, if you choose to read what I wrote, no, I am not writing that morrissey does not necessarily offer that, but the circumstances are different)

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019
"lol"

thanks for the attempt at pettily insulting on the internet due to a reply to your post

all I asked was a single, simple question. I was guessing that it might trigger you and to spew logical fallacies

why are you asking me to explain that "ehlers as more important to the jets than morrissey" when I never wrote that?

as for what ya wrote about ehlers and morrissey. that was under the middling mediocrity of paurice. these are different circumstances. also, the season is the season, bro. let it go. this is playoffs. they are diff. I never and am not "laughing of" at you

with that said, I'll write this: the jets seem to be doing alright defensively. the team needs some offensive injection. one goal, one assist, one play can change and, even, win the game. that's all it takes. with ehlers out there, the jets get that

(and, if you choose to read what I wrote, no, I am not writing that morrissey does not necessarily offer that, but the circumstances are different)
Maybe you shouldn't lead in with "baseless", then what you're saying might mean something. Sweet pivot.

"spew logical fallacies" What did I say that wasn't true?

I was talking about the playoff version of Ehlers when I pointed out his 4 goals. Your post is loaded with holes and hypocrisy.

Reactions: rubikscube

TEH FIRST NOEL

Jan 31, 2021
PAUL MAURICE'S LUGGAGE
Maybe you shouldn't lead in with "baseless", then what you're saying might mean something. Sweet pivot.

"spew logical fallacies" What did I say that wasn't true?

I was talking about the playoff version of Ehlers when I pointed out his 4 goals. Your post is loaded with holes and hypocrisy.

kiss-ugly.gif

nah, bro. that's no "pivot." maybe, brush up on terms that ya misuse. you seem to be projecting.

you made a claim that was baseless. you wrote it as if it were assumed to be accurate without stating why. so, I asked why

you're now throwing hissy fits. congrats. look up "ad hominem" among other fallacies

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019
kiss-ugly.gif

nah, bro. that's no "pivot." maybe, brush up on terms that ya misuse

you made a claim that was unsupported. you wrote it as if it were assumed to be accurate without stating why. so, I asked why

you're now throwing hissy fits. congrats. look up "ad hominem" among other fallacies
Okay, Ehlers didn't only score 4 goals in the playoffs, in 31 games. I was making that up? Speaking of projecting...

Reactions: rubikscube

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
I agree. The game on the line in O/T. Honestly, I don't understand how the referees can miss these calls. Is it pro wrestling?
The refs were (“small town-betting mafia”?)predictably lax but the team still has fire in its belly. I predict another close battle. But team morale will skyrocket with a win and after that the Cup is the limit.

Reactions: GNP

TEH FIRST NOEL

Jan 31, 2021
PAUL MAURICE'S LUGGAGE
Okay, Ehlers didn't only score 4 goals in the playoffs, in 31 games. I was making that up? Speaking of projecting...

you seem to be awfully upset. I never said that you were "making that up." try looking up strawman fallacy bc you're just inventing statements that I never wrote and/or conveyed, but such an action is easier for you to "attack"

take a breather, bro. you're seemingly just waiting for me to reply. also,

836d0ca698ca15536884dfb250360f09--inigo-montoya-brides.jpg

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019
you seem to be awfully upset. I never said that you were "making that up." try looking up strawman fallacy bc you're just inventing statements that I never wrote and/or conveyed, but such an action is easier for you to "attack"

19789999.jpg
Wow, not only am I treated to your throwing out "ad hominem", now you're also bringing "strawman" into the mix.

With slang, gifs, projection, and the preemptive shield (bolded). Not to be taken lightly. Very intelligent.

Reactions: rubikscube and rkp

TEH FIRST NOEL

Jan 31, 2021
PAUL MAURICE'S LUGGAGE
Wow, not only am I treated to your throwing out "ad hominem", now you're also bringing "strawman" into the mix.

With slang, gifs, projection, and the preemptive shield (bolded). Not to be taken lightly. Very intelligent.

yo, why are you doing this? I asked you one question, yet you seem so peeved that I did. moreover, when I acknowledge the general illogic in your posts, you seemingly write even more irately

do you need ad hominem and/or strawman reexplained to you? you prob spent all that time "crafting" that response. let it go, dude. it's just a game and forum

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019
yo, why are you doing this? I asked you one question, yet you seem so peeved that I did. moreover, when I acknowledge the general illogic in your posts, you seemingly write even more irately

do you need ad hominem and/or strawman explained to you again? you prob spent all that time "crafting" that response. let it go, dude. it's just a game and forum
No, I'm playing a poker session. I was in the middle of playing hands.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
That loss really stung. I feel for Samberg who payed a helluva game only to have a pass go off a skate. Devastated we lost Morrissey.

The injuries on this team have made the talent gap too wide. The Jets could come out very hard on
monday and still lose.

I remember starting the season so cynical about this team, but the last 8 games of the regular season and Game 1 made me feel they were finding something about themselves that was 2018-ish.

It was great to see the fans enjoy a whiteout inside and outside of the building.

The teams future feels so up in the air now.

Reactions: GNP

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Great game, tough loss.

This is a 7 game series and we are down 1-2 and have to absorb a devastating injury. It’s cliche because it’s true but next man up. Hockey is one of the only sports where team can replace star. We need to win at home Monday night and I don’t care how. No time to feel sorry for ourselves now its time for us to come out desperate.

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Great game, tough loss.

This is a 7 game series and we are down 1-2 and have to absorb a devastating injury. It’s cliche because it’s true but next man up. Hockey is one of the only sports where team can replace start. We need to win at home Monday night and I don’t care how. No time to feel sorry for ourselves now its time for us to come out desperate.
All true, but if there is an aspect to sports that I hate, its got to be the loss of great players due to injury. The finality of it parallels life itself and its cruel, harsh.

That said,

I like this team's resiliency. We were close to grabbing yesterday's game. For that reason I think we can still win this, and I like your positive energy.

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
What a valiant effort by the Jets, down their best defenseman for basically the whole game and we come back from a 4-1 deficit in the 3rd period and tie it up, just a great comeback. Awful way to lose but i can't believe we were able to battle like we did especially with such bad officiating . I think Helly can play a little better but blaming him for this loss is comical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad