Pre-Game Talk: Columbus @ Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Hell of an emotional night tonight, but tomorrow's game is honestly just as big. Difference between having no chance and having a very, very real chance to make some noise.

Any word on what to expect from CBJ? Who's starting for them? Gotta think they'll rest some guys...

CBJ are on a 5-game losing streak, sadly I doubt Torts is going to let them rest until they get a win.

I do however think we have a good chance of getting at least a point (or maybe even two).

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
CBJ are on a 5-game losing streak, sadly I doubt Torts is going to let them rest until they get a win.

I do however think we have a good chance of getting at least a point (or maybe even two).

Columbus is benching a lot starters, and Bobrovsky started and got shelled tonight. I doubt you guys will face serious resistance tomorrow. Their series is locked in already. Grats on making the playoffs, have fun y'all!

Hopefully the Bolts can stay healthy next year.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I would rest few players. Rest Auston and Marner, Brown, Polak and Reilly

Play Leivo, Smith, Sosh, Marincin and Marchenko. They haven't played in a while, let them get some ice time.

Auston has nothing to gain by playing one more game. He got his 40 and he's going to win the calder
Same with Brown. Marner just looks tired and completely gassed out

Polak has been an unsung hero. He deserves a night off and some rest. He has been doing everything, hitting, blocking shots ( the last block shot on Crosby was a beauty)

terrible idea.

1 pt is the difference between 97pt Ottawa and 118pt Washington rd 1
if we play ottawa, we get the winner of mtl/nyr and not clb/pit if by some miracle we beat ottawa

full lineup tomorrow

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
This is a must win game, there is an actual road to the third round if we get the 1 point we need.

This game decides whether we have a feel good series vs Washington, where we will be lucky to win a game, or whether we have a legitimate chance to do some damage this playoffs by taking on a Sens team we can beat. And just think of the atmosphere, our fans invading their rink, and they're banged up.

This is huge, must get a point.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
For ice-time per game among forwards, Matthews is 90th. I don't think we need to rest players. But can they handle more minutes is the question?

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Congratulations on the playoffs guys.

I hope you avoid the Caps.

Not a Leafs fan but a huge fan of Matthews for the past several years, incredible that he's going to win the Calder with Hyman stapled to his wing.

Here's to hoping for a huge game for AM and point number 70, coupled with a point for TML and securing a FAR easier matchup.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Toronto should win this game.

Pittsburgh did not exactly roll over, but they did not ice a full lineup and half their team were passengers tonight. The problem for the Leafs was that the Penguins best players Crosby and Kessel, both scored.

Columbus basically walking into the ACC, with the same attitude, and it's not even Hockey Night in Canada.

There seems to be a trend in other sports, you rest players heading into the playoffs.

:deadhorse

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I hope the players got more sleep than I did last night. They will play far looser tonight knowing they have the X next to their name. One point is all we need. Either drag it to OT or crush them like we did the Penguins.

I seriously don't know how to describe Pens leading 3-2 with 5 mins to go. We dominated them from start to finish.

We're going to see an even better team today even if it is a back to back.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Congratulations on the playoffs guys.

I hope you avoid the Caps.

Not a Leafs fan but a huge fan of Matthews for the past several years, incredible that he's going to win the Calder with Hyman stapled to his wing.

Here's to hoping for a huge game for AM and point number 70, coupled with a point for TML and securing a FAR easier matchup.

70 points for Matthews is a nice round number. I hope Marner can pot his 20th too. Thanks for your thoughts. Hyman can have his moments, but he was pretty bad last night, couldn't fight through checks, falling down, dropping his stick, flubbing tap ins..maybe he's fatigued, he can and has been better.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Be careful on the PP - Jackets HAVE 9 SHORTIES

Special team numbers:

Leafs home...........PP 20.6% .......PK 78.4% ....... Total ..99.0
Jackets away ........PP 20.4% .......PK 81.2% ....... Total..101.6

Leafs shorties for ....... 6 ........ shorties against 6 ...... +0
Jackets shorties for .... 9 ........ shorties against 2 ...... +7

Shorties for = a team scores when they are short-handed
Shorties against = a team is scored against when they are on the PP

Last edited:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Hopefully Matthews can get one more point tonight because yay for round numbers.

I like odd numbers. 5 goals and an assist please.

45 goals, 75 points. Steals the rocket from Crosby.

It's amazing how Matthews has two slumps in his season and still managed to get more goals than Kessel's career high.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I wouldn't be surprised if Bozak doesnt play. Hes been skipping a lot of practices lately and resting.

this one would be the only one that wouldn't surprise me - and it could allow leivo to draw in and put Nylander down the middle.

however hearing everyone saying they still have "unfinished business" means they don't want to short htemselves out so w'ell see what happens

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
this one would be the only one that wouldn't surprise me - and it could allow leivo to draw in and put Nylander down the middle.

however hearing everyone saying they still have "unfinished business" means they don't want to short htemselves out so w'ell see what happens

Mm. They definitely could rest Bozak.
All the other regulars should play though, hopefully that includes Andersen.

Columbus SHOULD be playing a much softer, "let's not get injured" type of game . . . but they have a lot of skill up and down their lineup, so we absolutely cannot take them lightly. And just like Pittsburgh did, they'll inject some youth as fill-ins into the lineup, and they'll be playing hard and fast trying to make an impression.

We have to come out hard. Hopefully Marner can pick up where MAtthews left off last game :nod:

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
I had a dream last night the leafs made the playoffs

I had the same dream!!!!

:laugh:

Feels SO good. I still can't believe that I susrvived 4 different lead changes, witnessed Brown's 20th, Kappy's first, and Matthews' 40th all in the same game. Excruciating, thrilling, amazing, wonderful.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
If anybody wants a fun read....check out the Bruins forum and their GDT of last nights game. Seems the "refs are making sure the Leafs make it" conspiracy theories are alive and well....

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
I wouldn't be surprised if Bozak doesnt play. Hes been skipping a lot of practices lately and resting.

he's getting old!! He needs his naps!!
Going to this one tonight, my buddy asked me yesterday afternoon if i was free. Still wanted the Buds to clinch last night, figure with the seeding still on the line tonight will still be amazing.
GO LEAFS GO!!!!!:handclap:

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015

Sorry, but i really don't think that that is how Bobcat rolls. He'll want to win, and he'll ice what he thinks is the best line up. If Bozzie is ok, he is playing!!!

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
LOL at the "rest guys" comments, full tilt tonight, there's a big difference between Ottawa and Washington!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad