Pre-Game Talk: Columbus @ Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
JVR was huge vs the Pens. He's a player I have not liked at all for periods of time this season but he came up large tonight. Credit where credit is due.

Hat's off to JVR for a great game. Hope he brings the same vs. the Canons

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Boys should be a little looser now, but still with something to play for. If Andersen isn't close to 100%, put McLegend in, he's proved himself. I won't forget that pad save anytime soon.

Just win.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Please win tomorrow and sweep the Sens. I have a very strong dislike for that team and would like nothing more than to see them humiliated in the first round.

Not sure which round it would occur in but I'd love to see a Montreal Toronto series this year.

Congrats again on making the playoffs.

Haha you guys not even gonna get past the rangers. Soft Habs.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Play to win Leafs. Do that and good things will happen. With the pressure of clinching and the "collapse' narrative gone it should be a better game than we've seen the past little while. Columbus played today to so both teams are on a back to back.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Wonder if the team comes out and has a great stress free game, knowing they got the job done and can just get out there and get at it with no pressure?

Hoping so, as I will enjoy a series vs the Sens more than one vs the Caps. Could easily lose either, but the Caps are a beast and the Sens are banged up.

Rusty Shackleford

Leafs Nation
Jul 14, 2005
Ottawa, Ontario
Babs says he's hoping that Andersen is in. Makes me think the news is fine, and the spotter had him taken out of the game as a precaution.

Apparently Torts was livid with the Jackets effort in Philly today, people even speculating that he's going to throw Bobrovsky back in net.

Just get a point boys. I want to send Melnyk and his bush league fanbase to the golf links, just like back in the day.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Please win tomorrow and sweep the Sens. I have a very strong dislike for that team and would like nothing more than to see them humiliated in the first round.

Not sure which round it would occur in but I'd love to see a Montreal Toronto series this year.

Congrats again on making the playoffs.

Haha you guys not even gonna get past the rangers. Soft Habs.

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Savvy

Sep 30, 2006
Mississauga
Columbus needs a win bad for morale reasons, the leafs need a point bad for standing reasons so can we just agree to a nice little coasting game where we take it to overtime and they can get the win and no one gets hurt going into the playoffs? :laugh:

steam whistle

Nov 27, 2013
Ontario
Oh, no.

They will crush us like warships. No way to pick them.

now maybe I am a bit wasted right now, but I'll take Washington on. We'll beat them. In fact, we'll sweep them. Washington sucks in the playoffs. If Andersen is good to go, we'll roll them. Last time we played them, we were on the second night of a back to back, with our backup in net, and a big game against Tampa coming up. No surprise about the outcome of that game. We've got 3 lines that can score (or maybe 4 now with Kap?) and they'll all be going full steam ahead in the playoffs.

when we roll over Washington, then everyone will see that we're legit.

edit: also, wait till Matthews unleashes his second gear. he'll be even better and pull out moves we haven't seen before.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
columbus is on a 6 game losing streak. yeah I'm sure they'd love to end it, but really the difference between 6 and 7 isn't huge when their playoff matchup is set in stone. The difference between playing and badly hurt Ottawa team and the best team in the league should be a much bigger motivator. Plus we only need one point

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I would rest few players. Rest Auston and Marner, Brown, Polak and Reilly

Play Leivo, Smith, Sosh, Marincin and Marchenko. They haven't played in a while, let them get some ice time.

Auston has nothing to gain by playing one more game. He got his 40 and he's going to win the calder
Same with Brown. Marner just looks tired and completely gassed out

Polak has been an unsung hero. He deserves a night off and some rest. He has been doing everything, hitting, blocking shots ( the last block shot on Crosby was a beauty)

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

Play Leivo, Smith, Sosh, Marincin and Marchenko. They haven't played in a while, let them get some ice time.

Auston has nothing to gain by playing one more game. He got his 40 and he's going to win the calder

Polak has been an unsung hero. He deserves a night off and some rest. He has been doing everything, hitting, blocking shots ( the last block shot on Crosby was a beauty)

This game actually has meaning, no chance are we resting players

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
columbus is on a 6 game losing streak. yeah I'm sure they'd love to end it, but really the difference between 6 and 7 isn't huge when their playoff matchup is set in stone. The difference between playing and badly hurt Ottawa team and the best team in the league should be a much bigger motivator. Plus we only need one point

I really think the Leafs will play very relaxed tomorrow, as in they're able to wheel and make some plays .. They've been feeling the pressure this week but clinching should allow them to get back to some skilled hockey. The question is will they be too relaxed and not compete enough, or be sloppy defensively, or reckless with the puck

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives

They can rest on Monday, Tuesday, and potentially Wednesday. Need a point tomorrow.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
This game actually has meaning, no chance are we resting players

I still think we can still win without those players. Brown's contribution can be replaced by Leivo. Sosh can play Marner's role. Mind you, Marne's role now, not the Marner from 2 months ago.

Matthews will be difficult but he played a lot of hockey. We need him well rested for the playoffs

In fact, giving some players who have fresh legs may actually benefit us. They are fighting for spots and they will bring more energy

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I still think we can still win without those players. Brown's contribution can be replaced by Leivo. Sosh can play Marner's role. Mind you, Marne's role now, not the Marner from 2 months ago.

Matthews will be difficult but he played a lot of hockey. We need him well rested for the playoffs

In fact, giving some players who have fresh legs may actually benefit us. They are fighting for spots and they will bring more energy

Maybe some fresh legs would be fine, but definitely not at the expense of Matthews or Marner. Those guys are game breaking talent and winning this game is arguably as important as winning a playoff game. It's the difference between a winnable series vs Ottawa and almost certain defeat at the hands of the best team in the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad