Pre-Game Talk: Columbus @ Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I would be okay with bringing up Leipsic and Rychel .. Moving Kappy up in the line up and rest some guys

Not sure I'd rest Matthews because I don't want Smith in the line up ... You could go Boyle-Goat as the #3 and #4 but you still want to have some offensive depth.

Also the Boyle trade seems a bit better now eh :laugh:

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
If the NHL wants to schedule us in for Saturday night, we'll probably get 3 days rest (game 1 on Thursday)

If we're playing Washington, there's no way the series doesn't start on Thursday.

Playoffs don't start till Wednesday and the Verizon Center is booked on Wednesday (Red Hot Chili Peppers concert).

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
I would be okay with bringing up Leipsic and Rychel .. Moving Kappy up in the line up and rest some guys

Not sure I'd rest Matthews because I don't want Smith in the line up ... You could go Boyle-Goat as the #3 and #4 but you still want to have some offensive depth.

Also the Boyle trade seems a bit better now eh :laugh:

tomorrows game is enormous still. Plenty of rest days ahead

Rusty Shackleford

Leafs Nation
Jul 14, 2005
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm guessing we start on Wednesday, regardless of OTT or WSH.

They'll go with the Habs and Oilers on Wednesday, that'll bring in great ratings for their opening night games. Leafs will play on Thursday, so we can get Game 2 on HNIC on Saturday.

EDIT: Start on THURSDAY, not Wednesday.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
now that the Leafs are in - I'm pretty sure they'll do something so they have them on Saturdays per usual.

I'm going to be very curious about the ratings for the playoffs now. 4 years ago the Leafs/Bruins series were the most watched through the entire playoffs

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I'm guessing we start on Wednesday, regardless of OTT or WSH.

They'll go with the Habs and Oilers on Wednesday, that'll bring in great ratings for their opening night games. Leafs will play on Thursday, so we can get Game 2 on HNIC on Saturday.

There's a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert at the Verizon Center on Wednesday. There's no way we'd be playing the Caps on that day, that series would surely have to start on Thursday.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Canadian Tire Centre is booked Thursday and Friday.

some debate if we can move the dress rehearsal on Thursday

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
now that the Leafs are in - I'm pretty sure they'll do something so they have them on Saturdays per usual.

I'm going to be very curious about the ratings for the playoffs now. 4 years ago the Leafs/Bruins series were the most watched through the entire playoffs

A Thursday start would make sense then

Klinton

Feb 6, 2017
Ottawa is going to be watching this game and cheering for the Blue Jackets. We all know they fear playing Toronto.... you can sense it.

We have nothing to lose and only improvements to make from this point on. Avoid the Caps and we have a chance to make the second round.

Playing Ottawa won't be easy; but the Capitals will be impossible.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
In the end let's try to get a win against Columbus. Just need a point, but a win would be really nice. Squeeze past Boston and get what would be an exciting series against Ottawa.

But no matter what, just get through the game safely.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
A concern I have is that Columbus may be looking to exact some revenge physically. They were not happy after our last game. Hopefully we can get through healthy regardless of the result. But hopefully we get through healthy and a point.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
A concern I have is that Columbus may be looking to exact some revenge physically. They were not happy after our last game. Hopefully we can get through healthy regardless of the result. But hopefully we get through healthy and a point.

i doubt they want their players hurt either, but I guess you never know with a guy like Torts

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
RIP my Thursday morning exam mark if we start on Wednesday

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
One point is all we need, we desperately need it. No point wasting our energy on the Caps we can beat up Ottawa instead.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
If we're playing Washington, there's no way the series doesn't start on Thursday.

Playoffs don't start till Wednesday and the Verizon Center is booked on Wednesday (Red Hot Chili Peppers concert).

Ottawa has the Dixie Chicks on Friday so Game 2 is Saturday if you guys face the Sens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad