Pre-Game Talk: Columbus @ Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
A concern I have is that Columbus may be looking to exact some revenge physically. They were not happy after our last game. Hopefully we can get through healthy regardless of the result. But hopefully we get through healthy and a point.
I hope not. Ideally they are so distracted by their losing streak they forgot we played them this year :nod:. But yeah, that's always possible. Hopefully though they have more on their minds like their series against the Pens. Something that should scare them with how they are playing right now.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Ottawa is going to be watching this game and cheering for the Blue Jackets. We all know they fear playing Toronto.... you can sense it.

We have nothing to lose and only improvements to make from this point on. Avoid the Caps and we have a chance to make the second round.

Playing Ottawa won't be easy; but the Capitals will be impossible.

Sens fan here. The whole division plus the Rangers are a toss up. Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa and the Rangers are all beatable by the other 3 teams. I can't see a favourite really. Montreal and New York are just not scary. Ottawa has vets and a better system than the rest of division. Leafs have fire power and youth but have a ton less playoff experience than the other 3 teams. All 4 coaches are excellent.

Good luck! The Leafs have about a 25% chance of getting to the 3rd round.

I hope my Sens play you guys it will be a hell of a series.

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
Yet another 'biggest game of the year'. We might not realize but the leafs have been in a playoff like atmosphere for the last 2 weeks.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Yet another 'biggest game of the year'. We might not realize but the leafs have been in a playoff like atmosphere for the last 2 weeks.

People forget the run we had to have to get here. Tempa, Isles and Canes gave us a run for the money

We had to play our best, Andy had to play his best and so did Matthews for us to get here

Also, people forget how good Komarov and Bozak has been. Considering how much flank they took

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Friedman speculating that Torts is pissed at the Jackets play so he may start Bobrovsky tomorrow lol. He's such a hothead coach and moron that I wouldn't be surprised if he did it(Jackets aren't playing for anything).

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Sens fan here. The whole division plus the Rangers are a toss up. Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa and the Rangers are all beatable by the other 3 teams. I can't see a favourite really. Montreal and New York are just not scary. Ottawa has vets and a better system than the rest of division. Leafs have fire power and youth but have a ton less playoff experience than the other 3 teams. All 4 coaches are excellent.

Good luck! The Leafs have about a 25% chance of getting to the 3rd round.

I hope my Sens play you guys it will be a hell of a series.

Agreed for sure, and not just because it means we'll have avoided Washington

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Yeah, we're only put ahead of Boston right now because of the game at hand. We need a point to really pass them. Making this game still very noteworthy.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
columbus is on a 6 game losing streak. yeah I'm sure they'd love to end it, but really the difference between 6 and 7 isn't huge when their playoff matchup is set in stone. The difference between playing and badly hurt Ottawa team and the best team in the league should be a much bigger motivator. Plus we only need one point

I wish you guys the best of luck against CBJ and I'm happy for some fans, but I thought I'd let you know that Ottawa is expected to have a fully healthy lineup for game 1, they're not really banged up, in fact, they just added a 2nd line forward for free.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
I wish you guys the best of luck against CBJ and I'm happy for some fans, but I thought I'd let you know that Ottawa is expected to have a fully healthy lineup for game 1, they're not really banged up, in fact, they just added a 2nd line forward for free.

Well, I'd rather play the Sens than Washington. :laugh:

ThrowDemTongs

kid named jeff finger
Mar 21, 2013
Coquitlam, BC

What a great story, Mark!

I'll take Ottawa over Washington. No offense. Washington is a monster team. Ottawa is scary af too, but Washington is like Japanese horror movie scary.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Hell of an emotional night tonight, but tomorrow's game is honestly just as big. Difference between having no chance and having a very, very real chance to make some noise.

Any word on what to expect from CBJ? Who's starting for them? Gotta think they'll rest some guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad