Columbus Thread V (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
mutka-oikealle.jpg

In Europe they usually check it at the 'gates' that you aren't carrying it in the shoulder holster.

I see no reason why we couldn't take a Portuguese road sign into the arena. :sarcasm:

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015

Lived right across the street from there a few years back. It was my favorite place to go and get a sandwich on short notice. I work not far from there so I will have to go and try that sandwich one of these days.

They also made a convenient place to get a six pack of craft beer as well.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I was a grill man there the summer after I finished at OSU.

Finest memory of the place was when I saw my high school sweetheart (who dumped me, twice) in there, and I was all greasy behind the grill. She wouldn't have known I'd gotten my degree and travelled to far-off places while doing it. She was probably just confirmed in her decision (ie., wrong for the 3rd time!)

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Not sure if anyone would be interested. But I have 2 tickets for Sundays game (Sec. 214, row M). I have my own beer league game that night and won't be able to make it down to columbus.

Would any other season ticket holders with similar seats be interested in a trade for future tickets? I'd still like to get the full 6 games out of my plan so a trade would be preferred, don't even care if its a Monday or Tuesday game as long as its a bit in advance so I can get off work.

Otherwise, I'd probably end up giving them away, which would suck.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Also, this is PSA about Ray Ray's Thanksgiving menu

I think the turkey breasts are all gone, but he still does a great ham and there is another type of boneless turkey there. I will always do a smoked bird/ham for the holidays from now on.

It's a little pricey, but it is worth it. I would skip the sides though -- too expensive and the quality is 'meh'.

*Full disclosure: I have no controlling interest in Ray Ray's but I get food from there quite a few times a month.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
going to my first OSU game Saturday, any advise on where to park for general admission parking?

I always just drive down Neil until I stop seeing spots on the street, turn the car around grab a spot and park facing downtown. Probably a 1/2 mile walk to stadium. Easy.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio

You are starting to see a lot of restaurants offering these grilled cheese with bacon sandwiches. I make them at home. Sometimes I add dill pickles and tomato, so it's sort of a bacon cheeseburger without the hamburger.

If you like mac & cheese, and can afford to eat at McCormick & Schmick, try the andouille and shrimp mac and cheese. I hate regular mac & cheese, but I love this cajun version. It's also one of the cheaper things on the menu. And, go for lunch, not supper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad