Columbus Thread V (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Ended up having a great time. Really surprised at how well the Pens fan treated or ignored us, compared to my experiences in Nationwide where I've had to leave my seats because of the drunken insults. We were way outnumbered, I'd guess at most 200 Jacket fans in attendance. Took my daughter to Science Museum on game day and Aviary today. She had a blast! Stayed at the Marriott right across the street from Consol, 111 bucks for the night with AAA rate, not bad, sprung for the valet parking (+26). Ran into someone who claimed to work for the Pens in the hotel (tend to believe him given the Pens gear he was carrying and official tags all over the same) he got a chuckle when I mentioned Johansen and our bad contracts.

Outcome could have been better; but really thought the Pens ran a nice game experience. Wish I could have hit the 50/50, at 35k got the idea Pens fans like to bet!

Food was similar to Nationwide price/variety.

Almost 400 straight sellouts makes you realize how much money Jackets managment is squandering by not icing a competent team. Really liked the fact there was no in game MC (Mike Todd) and felt the giveaways were less intrusive of the in game experience. The game ops folks did a great job of piecing together outtakes from Christmas Vacation with Pens highlights. The Christmas lights around the video ring were cool too. The promo last night ugly sweater with an ugly sweater hat giveaway. No, I despise the Pens; but do have few Pens fans on my Christmas list that these hats will make great gifts for. Intro music and music were good. I think the Jackets game ops folks continue to slide toward rap/grunge rock which I don't like. Post game at the Marriott bar area was good with beer and food late nite.

Definitely going to make this trip again in the future

When you do, make sure to save time for the Carnegie museums of art and natural history in Oakland. While you're there, visit the Cathedral of Learning at the University of Pittsburgh and St. Paul Cathedral across the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad