Columbus Thread V (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Chili-gate update. Our family went to Bob Evans this morning with six people and six game tickets from last night. They informed us that it is "one free chili per check". So if a family of four goes.... Mom, Dad, Billy and 4 year old Janey must each get a separate check to get their "FREE" chili, lol.

This is quite a sponsorship.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
I have a few of pairs of tickets for sale. Face is $90 for the pair, but I am selling for $60 a pair. Sec 216 Row E

10/14 Dallas
10/28 Ottawa
11/4 Cains

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Chili-gate update. Our family went to Bob Evans this morning with six people and six game tickets from last night. They informed us that it is "one free chili per check". So if a family of four goes.... Mom, Dad, Billy and 4 year old Janey must each get a separate check to get their "FREE" chili, lol.

Laughable.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.

Chili-gate ... love it!

The Spokane Chiefs do a free "DLT" if the team scores 5 goals during a home game (won't be an issue this year) ... there is a Taco Bell literally a block away from the arena. On these nights, you would think Burt Reynolds was working the drive-thru window, as the line stretches for blocks.

I can only imagine the disappointment on the faces of the fans as they're told that they must follow the same rules as you guys are being forced into :laugh:

For the record - yours truly does not eat Taco Bell. Whether or not it's free...

neek21

Sep 8, 2012

Plus the ever embarrassing 'Chili' chant that follows the third CBJ goal...I cringe every time I hear it!! [plus the bewildered looks from people in the stands thinking 'wth'?? ] lol

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Nah, the Chili chant is great as is Dancing Kevin. In fact, we need some more weird gimmicks to make opposing teams think we are a stadium full of whackos. That idiot Mike Todd doesn't count.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Nah, the Chili chant is great as is Dancing Kevin. In fact, we need some more weird gimmicks to make opposing teams think we are a stadium full of whackos. That idiot Mike Todd doesn't know how to count.

IMO Kevin crossed the line twerkng with the bear last game. And...Mike Todd is simply an embarrassment.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Nah, the Chili chant is great as is Dancing Kevin. In fact, we need some more weird gimmicks to make opposing teams think we are a stadium full of whackos. That idiot Mike Todd doesn't count.

Going off of this theory makes Jeff Rimer make complete sense. He fits right in with this ideology!

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
So I purchased a 1/4-season plan, went to pick-a-seat night, etc. Use the flex plan card....and they're not the seats I picked. W. T. F.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
So I purchased a 1/4-season plan, went to pick-a-seat night, etc. Use the flex plan card....and they're not the seats I picked. W. T. F.

I believe the 1/4 season flex plans do not have guaranteed seat locations. You pick a price point and you are placed in seats in that area for the games on your plan.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I believe the 1/4 season flex plans do not have guaranteed seat locations. You pick a price point and you are placed in seats in that area for the games on your plan.

I'm 1/2 season flex and my seats for the season essentially split 2 different pairs of seats in the same row and same section for the season. I haven't compared but I don't think its 50/50. Its more like a 2/3 1/3 split.

I was 1/2 season flex last year in the same section and had the same seats for every game.

imderekpoe

Mar 22, 2009
Dublin, OH

My quarter season flex seats are the same as I picked and are the same for every game. I'd contact your agent.

BJFan1

Feb 6, 2008
Columbus

That's bogus. Promotion is for everyone in attendance at the game. If you have a ticket and you dine in, you get a free bowl of chili. If they choose to participate in the promotion with the CBJ, they are required to follow it as written. You can always contact corporate directly and file a complaint.

Do you happen to know if it was a corporate location or a franchise? I could see a franchise trying to pull this since they have to "buy" the product from corporate still, and giving away a lot of free chili doesn't bode well in that scheme (but I would hope corporate would have some kind of reimbursement consideration for the franchise stores, but they may just not know).

Absolutely ridiculous though.

BJFan1

Feb 6, 2008
Columbus
Question for everyone: If you were bringing someone to their first Blue Jackets game and their first time in Nationwide Arena, what are the "musts" that they should experience?

I have plenty of experience and I know what I think, but I'm looking for more input from other fans, and what is enjoyed as a whole.

Thanks!

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
That's bogus. Promotion is for everyone in attendance at the game. If you have a ticket and you dine in, you get a free bowl of chili. If they choose to participate in the promotion with the CBJ, they are required to follow it as written. You can always contact corporate directly and file a complaint.

Do you happen to know if it was a corporate location or a franchise? I could see a franchise trying to pull this since they have to "buy" the product from corporate still, and giving away a lot of free chili doesn't bode well in that scheme (but I would hope corporate would have some kind of reimbursement consideration for the franchise stores, but they may just not know).

I have the same issue redeeming the Tim Horton's vouchers from the Jackets Pack ticket package. The Dublin-Granville Road location will only accept one coupon per order, so six coupons (three beverage coupons and three Timbits coupons) is obviously a no go. Thankfully, the nearby location on High Street does accept all six coupons in one order.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio

This has been my thought. Corporate has not informed their restaurants well in how this promotion works. It seems that every Bob Evans you go to gives you a different story. We went to the one in New Albany, and they told us it was a cup of chili, not a bowl. We got the card that they passed out at the first few pre-season games which clearly states that each ticket is to receive a BOWL of chili, but that it is dine in only.

What a fiasco!

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I never partake in the chili, but it seems to me that some kind of explanation is in order. I seriously doubt the CBJ are on board with what Bob Evans is doing. I'd imagine they get reimbursed a negotiated amount per chili (or just an annual estimate) anyway, so I have no idea why they would be strict.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Simple solution. Separate checks. Although depending on the kids age getting a 4 year old to stand in line and make the correct order might be a problem. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad