Columbus Thread V (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
If you're talking about the 6 AM drop in, it's a mix of younger and a few older guys, but it can be a little tough to keep up. Some of those guys can skate pretty well

Yep, that's the one I was referring to. Thanks for the info. I don't mind if some or even most can skate circles around me...just don't want it to be all! Don't think I will make it tomorrow (have tix for the game tomorrow night so need to get into work early), but will try to make it down there some this season.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
The lines haven't split into huntington/student yet but line at about 20 people right now.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I'm going to the game tonight. I've already done a dry run last week during the preseason. Is there anything that could change to make things more difficult to get in?

BJFan1

Feb 6, 2008
Columbus
I'm going to the game tonight. I've already done a dry run last week during the preseason. Is there anything that could change to make things more difficult to get in?

Thousands of people showing up and standing in line in front of you? :sarcasm:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I mean like rerouting roads and parking. Do lots fill up?

Nah. I'd expect an extra 15-20 minutes though, because of the party they're rolling out and the fact that 18K+ will be in the area (plus those trying to leave after work). Garages and lots should be fine, and obviously if you don't park as close you will be able to find a spot easier. The garages close to the arena are up to what $15 or $20 a pop?

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Nah. I'd expect an extra 15-20 minutes though, because of the party they're rolling out and the fact that 18K+ will be in the area (plus those trying to leave after work). Garages and lots should be fine, and obviously if you don't park as close you will be able to find a spot easier. The garages close to the arena are up to what $15 or $20 a pop?
Sounds good. Thanks!

CBJHerd

Oct 5, 2011
Quick question I'm coming up for the Toronto game. I want to take my nephew with us. He just turned two and will stay on our laps. Would I be good to just by him a cheap ticket on stubhub and have him sit on our laps or don't do it at all. I'm trying to instill cbj hockey on him early.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Quick question I'm coming up for the Toronto game. I want to take my nephew with us. He just turned two and will stay on our laps. Would I be good to just by him a cheap ticket on stubhub and have him sit on our laps or don't do it at all. I'm trying to instill cbj hockey on him early.

Don't take a 2 year old to a game. I have 2 kids and that's just too young. He isn't gonna get it and it's a long time for a kid to sit in one place (read- he won't sit there the whole game). He may also be frightened by all the commotion, and the cannon. You'll enjoy this game more without a 2 yo.

I'm basing that on my experiences with kids, maybe others will disagree?

I also hate to discourage you because what's not to like about getting a kid into the Jackets early? :)

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Don't take a 2 year old to a game. I have 2 kids and that's just too young. He isn't gonna get it and it's a long time for a kid to sit in one place (read- he won't sit there the whole game). He may also be frightened by all the commotion, and the cannon. You'll enjoy this game more without a 2 yo.

I also hate to discourage you because what's not to like about getting a kid into the Jackets early? :)

Agreed. Didn't take my daughter until she was 5 and even then, she quickly decided my phone was more interesting than the game. :nod:

CBJHerd

Oct 5, 2011

I know what your saying. I thought about taking him last year but I didn't for that reason. I've taken him to college basketball and football (long) games last winter and this year. He isn't your average 2 year old. He loves sports and is always fascinated by lights and sounds. Hes very easy is basically what I'm saying.

Inglewood JACKets

Jan 11, 2011
Columbus, OH
When my son was 2 he made it through a game, but you have to be prepared. Have snacks ready for when he wants to squirm and get up and walk him around during the period breaks. My 3 year old daughter on the other hand we're lucky to make it through 2 periods.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio

No need to buy a ticket if he is going to sit on someones lap. The Arena rule is 2 and over need a ticket, but they let any kid you can carry thru the ticket line in. I brought my daughter in when she was 2 and 3 and no one questioned it. Food was the key to keeping her interested in the game.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Glad to hear differing opinions. I was feeling like a wet blanket. Enjoy the game! Tell us how it goes with the little guy

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Hello everyone,

J2F. I have three tickets on sale for 10/20 versus the Islanders. Row E Section 216 seats 1-3. These are the first three seats up the stairs from when you enter in the 215/216 split. You are along the glass so there is a little extra leg room as well.

$20 a ticket ($60 total). PM me if interested

Thanks,
J2F

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
By the way, my thoughts on Ray Ray's

Brisket - very tender, good balance of beef and smoke flavors
Ribs - not the best texture, but flavor more than made up for that
Sauce - a sweet sauce that isn't sissy? Yes!
Mac and Cheese - nice charred flavor, some burnt bits - taste goes nicely with bbq

Also, any place where I can get Cheerwine in a glass bottle is good.

Will be trying the pulled pork and cheesy potatoes next time.

EDIT: One more thought, it is rare that I can get barbecue on a bun that can hold up to it. It's usually on a flimsy bun that is overwhelmed by the meat and sauce. Not at Ray Ray's.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Hello everyone,

J2F. I have three tickets on sale for 10/20 versus the Islanders. Row E Section 216 seats 1-3. These are the first three seats up the stairs from when you enter in the 215/216 split. You are along the glass so there is a little extra leg room as well.

$20 a ticket ($60 total). PM me if interested

Thanks,
J2F

.... good luck. Tickets are going for 6 dollars on stubhub. :laugh:

CBJHerd

Oct 5, 2011
Sorry I didn't post this this weekend, but I ran a charity Wiffleball tournament Saturday and was exhausted until today. I ended up taking my nephew to his first game Friday night.

I picked him up at day care right before naptime, so he slept for the whole 3 hour drive (Huntington WV - Columbus). We met up with my dad to eat before the game. We ended up getting to the arena right at puck drop. There was no questions when he didn't have a ticket. We got to our seats (213 row A) and he had enough room to stand and watch or sit on my lap.

He enjoyed it. Only fused when I went to get something and at the end when the leafs scored the last goal. My wife looked at him and said "don't worry you're not the only blue jackets fan crying". All in all it was a great trip. He was sad to leave me in the morning because he wanted more sting.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Expensive but they have some good stuff. They have a decent beer selection and they have this broccoli salad thing that's really good.

Agreed - I'm not big on comparing prices but I dropped a good amount of money between Kroger and Earth Fare. I guess I have to go with Kroger for anything that Earth Fare doesn't so I can get the gas points.

Sorry I didn't post this this weekend, but I ran a charity Wiffleball tournament Saturday and was exhausted until today. I ended up taking my nephew to his first game Friday night.

CBJHerd - in the future please post if the forum is expecting a response from you, or let me know to whom this needs to be escalated next time.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
By the way, my thoughts on Ray Ray's

Brisket - very tender, good balance of beef and smoke flavors
Ribs - not the best texture, but flavor more than made up for that
Sauce - a sweet sauce that isn't sissy? Yes!
Mac and Cheese - nice charred flavor, some burnt bits - taste goes nicely with bbq

Also, any place where I can get Cheerwine in a glass bottle is good.

Will be trying the pulled pork and cheesy potatoes next time.

EDIT: One more thought, it is rare that I can get barbecue on a bun that can hold up to it. It's usually on a flimsy bun that is overwhelmed by the meat and sauce. Not at Ray Ray's.

I am salivating now. Ray Ray's use a local guy, Dan the Baker, for his buns. He seems to have the texture/durability down for BBQ.

I am going to get around $50 of Ray Ray's myself to be consumed over the next few days

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I am salivating now. Ray Ray's use a local guy, Dan the Baker, for his buns. He seems to have the texture/durability down for BBQ.

I am going to get around $50 of Ray Ray's myself to be consumed over the next few days

Well that's probably enough sodium for a week so sounds about right, depending on how long "a few days" is.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Any STH having issues with the ticket "sale" on certain games? I try to login and it says no items available. Anyone else getting the same message?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad