Columbus Thread V (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
https://hahahartnelldown.24fundraiser.com/e/site/store/1995/event_tickets/386

Scott Hartnell and Jody Shelley will be hosting the HA HA HArtnelldown Comedy Fundraising Event. There will be raffles, auctions, great food and meet and greets. The night will end with a great comedy show featuring Scott's good friend Kelly Taylor. All money raised will good to support the #hartnelldown foundation and #HD43. - See more at: https://hahahartnelldown.24fundraiser.com/e/site/store/1995/event_tickets/386#sthash.PJi0dSre.dpuf

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Anyone have any thoughts about the Thurmanator? It's a formal challenge right? I'm thinking about doing it in two weekends.

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
Anyone have any thoughts about the Thurmanator? It's a formal challenge right? I'm thinking about doing it in two weekends.

It's massive, and don't plan on doing anything for 24 hours. Gotta try it once, however, so clear your calendar, pile up some TP, and have a go.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
It's massive, and don't plan on doing anything for 24 hours. Gotta try it once, however, so clear your calendar, pile up some TP, and have a go.

And be prepared to wait quite a while for a table. Unless you go to Son of Thurman in Delaware. That's not bad since it is larger.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008

EightyEightMPH

Jul 6, 2010
Washington, DC
So I'm planning a hockey road trip for the spring. Have been doing one every year for the past 3 years, and now it's time for the Nashville, Columbus, Pittsburgh leg of the trip. Three games in three days.

It may sound cliche, but I want to sit next to the cannon. As an out-of-towner, it's on the Columbus bucket list (along with White Castle).

I'm looking for a section and row that would give me the best possible experience for this. Any help is appreciated.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
So I'm planning a hockey road trip for the spring. Have been doing one every year for the past 3 years, and now it's time for the Nashville, Columbus, Pittsburgh leg of the trip. Three games in three days.

It may sound cliche, but I want to sit next to the cannon. As an out-of-towner, it's on the Columbus bucket list (along with White Castle).

I'm looking for a section and row that would give me the best possible experience for this. Any help is appreciated.

Yea, I believe the cannon is between sections 111 and 112, lower bowl. You might try calling a CBJ ticket Rep, and see if they can help you out. Tough to get specific seat location like that going through Ticketmaster.

For the life of me, I can't think of a White Castle close to the arena district. Probably the closest would be 801 E. 5th Ave, which would be a few miles. A lot of them closed and now most are in the Suburbs, or farther out in the City.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH

This is one of the highlights I was looking forward to in moving to CBus. You're in a good location to visit other venues. If I had the money to pour into CBJ I totally would, but right now I'm focused on Ottawa visiting CHI & STL - two venues I really respect and have always wanted to visit. I haven't gotten tickets yet and not sure if I'll be able to but it's a lot less of a trip than driving / flying from Syracuse.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013

There is a WC in the short north, so probably just a mile or so north of arena.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio

As others have said 111/10 is the closest section, but just so you know the main explosion for the cannon comes from up in the rafters above section 216 and not the cannon itself.

Last edited:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

Cannon sits at the top of 110/111 area.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Can't you bring your own 'turn' into the games in Americas?

No idea what "turn" refers to. However, you may not bring alcohol, food or any drink into the arena. Also, cannot leave the arena carrying any unfinished alcoholic beverage. Security make s you drink up or toss out what is left in the can.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
No idea what "turn" refers to.

mutka-oikealle.jpg

In Europe they usually check it at the 'gates' that you aren't carrying it in the shoulder holster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad