Columbus Thread V (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
If it was after midnight, that may have just been the late night menu.

By the way, is the Columbus market getting muffin or biscuit sandwiches for its all day menu?

Here's what to expect:

biscuit or muffin sandwiches (we got the muffins here in Cleveland and they are all available except the egg white - which is on the late night menu)
breakfast burritos
hot cakes
oatmeal
fruit and yogurt parfait
hash browns are an optional item (not sure if that is a market by market or location by location decision)

No it was before midnight and they had a hand written sign on the drive through window that said they were now serving all day breakfast.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Does anybody have a good educated guess on how early you should get in line for Huntington tickets for the home opener based on previous years...etc?

Is noon not early enough? Too early? Just about right?

Might be advisable for home opener. I think most games it's about 2 hours, but for the big games probably much earlier, especially when they are playing well. Someone more experienced with purchasing them might be more helpful.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Have they announced any pre-game festivities? Red carpet like last year, etc?

60% chance of rain for Friday - sure hope its done by morning.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Have they announced any pre-game festivities? Red carpet like last year, etc?

60% chance of rain for Friday - sure hope its done by morning.

At the exhibition games they said something about a fan fest (3 pm start IIRC) and a blue carpet, but no details other than that.

Also, gates open at 5:30 rather than 6.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
FYI, Fan Bucks are now available for you STH's and your partners. What a pain in the ass.

If you haven't gone on the site yet, be advised that it is not looking for your CBJ account to log in with. You have to set-up a new account for your Fan Bucks. So don't try and keep logging in on your existing CBJ account like I did until I saw the small print "First time user? Register your Fan Bucks and/or Rewards Card HERE" above the log-in boxes.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
FYI, Fan Bucks are now available for you STH's and your partners. What a pain in the ass.

If you haven't gone on the site yet, be advised that it is not looking for your CBJ account to log in with. You have to set-up a new account for your Fan Bucks. So don't try and keep logging in on your existing CBJ account like I did until I saw the small print "First time user? Register your Fan Bucks and/or Rewards Card HERE" above the log-in boxes.

I believe you also have until October 20th to get the 20% offer. I need to start scraping pennies together and put as much money as I think I'll use for the year on there. $10.40 beer is better than a $13.00 beer.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
The CBJ app has the Oct 12 Buffalo away game scheduled for 3:00. Is that a mistake in the app? If not, why a 3:00 Monday game?

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
Was thinking about attending the Friday morning drop-in hockey sessions at the Ice Haus. Does anybody know what the typical level of play is at that session? I've been to drop-in sessions at the other Chillers and can get by (I consider myself a solid D-level player), but something about the fact that it is at the Ice Haus makes me a little nervous and I don't want to get in too far over my head. Lacking any other information, I may just show up and see what happens, but wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with that one. Thanks!

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Was thinking about attending the Friday morning drop-in hockey sessions at the Ice Haus. Does anybody know what the typical level of play is at that session? I've been to drop-in sessions at the other Chillers and can get by (I consider myself a solid D-level player), but something about the fact that it is at the Ice Haus makes me a little nervous and I don't want to get in too far over my head. Lacking any other information, I may just show up and see what happens, but wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with that one. Thanks!

If you're talking about the 6 AM drop in, it's a mix of younger and a few older guys, but it can be a little tough to keep up. Some of those guys can skate pretty well

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
What are my chances of any food remaining if I get to Ray Ray's sometime in the one 'o clock hour (two at latest) on a Friday?

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
What are my chances of any food remaining if I get to Ray Ray's sometime in the one 'o clock hour (two at latest) on a Friday?

Probably the best time to go. They don't typically run out of stuff unless it's later Sunday or they have a supply problem. Also, there is the added benefit of missing the lunch crowd and being before the dinner crowd.

Definitely post your thoughts on the food as well. I haven't had a poor meal from there in quite some time. I know James Anderson (owner) has been busier lately because he is now running his own farm with pastured-raised and grass feed beef and pork. I haven't seen him at the truck in awhile, but he might be busy with catering on those days as well. Probably my favorite food in Columbus.

I usually order a few pounds of meat and get large sides of the cheesy potatoes and collard greens. I will sometimes get the ribs as well. I think it's definitely worth getting a rib sampler. You really can't go wrong.

This has been my longest and most serious post on this board. I am now salivating...

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I'm thinking three bones of spare ribs and a sandwich. Should I get brisket or pulled pork?

Also, is the mac worth the upcharge relative to a small cheesy potatoes?

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
By the way, thanks to everybody who made lunch suggestions. I have been down here this week for the exhibition games and have eaten very well. I've been to Tortilla, Dirty Franks and Hot Chicken Takeover for lunch (going to the food truck food court at Columbus Commons tomorrow) and have had dinner at Gordon Biersch and Tip Top. To the surprise of no one who has read my contributions to this thread, the one day I woke up early enough for breakfast, I went to Milo's.

Speaking of my thoughts on food:

Tortilla - If I had the exact same combo of ingredients on a burrito from Tortilla and Chipotle, I'd probably prefer Chipotle, but the difference is minor and the larger variety of customization options at Tortilla is a plus.

Dirty Franks - Bratwurst was decent. Hot dog was exceptional. Not many places you can get a bacon-wrapped dog with cheese, bbq sauce, and brisket.

Hot Chicken Takeover - had Cold White with waffles and double mac. Incredible but a lot of food (was enough for two meals, and this is coming from a guy who wears 4XT t-shirts). Will probably try warm chicken only next time. Sweet tea was pretty good, as well (most of my relatives are from the South, so my standards are pretty high on this).

Gordon Biersch - Nothing incredible but solid pub food. Will definitely go back.

Tip Top - First off, any place that has RC fountain soda is awesome. Food was good, too.

Schmidt's - The bratwurst may have been the best I have ever tasted (and, living in Cleveland, I have eaten my share of good bratwurst). I'd had their Cream Puff before at a Crew game, but the Buckeye Cream Puff was even better.

Unfortunately, Mikey's Late Night Slice was unable to make it to the food truck food court, so I missed out on that one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad