News: Columbus taking calls on multiple players.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Boone Jenner to Winnipeg please.
1706303338587.png

• Haha
Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
I think anyone other than the Russian forwards (Marchenko, Voronkov, Chinakhov), Fantilli, Johnson, Sillinger, and Jiricek should reasonably be on the table if not actively being shopped. Maybe a little less likely to trade the UFAs that recently signed here like Gaudreau, Gudbranson, and Severson. And prospects like Mateychuk, Brindley, and Dumais aren’t going anywhere.

I don’t think there is a need to move Provorov but I think he’s got the most value of the D they’re probably looking to move, which would probably also include Peeke, Bean, and Boqvist. I would expect there to be quite a bit of movement with that group before next season, as the composition is just off, and you’ll have Mateychuk and Jiricek fighting for big roles soon.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
What would you guys be willing to give up to get him? He'd be your 2C?
The fact that he's signed cheap for another 2 years is huge. Jets 1st, Montreal's 2nd, and a prospect that isnt McGroarty, Barlow, Salomonsson, Lambert, or Chibrikov. He would slot in nicely as our 2C.

Last edited:

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Would they? (Genuine question not antagonist). A legit 1C who had chemistry with their winger would be great I'd say

There's a higher risk of a Forsberg of Erat drop off screw up than guaranteed resumption of chemistry with Gaudreau. CBJ would offer a lesser ceiling asset than Johnson, even with an extension adding to the value. I don't know for sure, but I'd assume CBJ would far rather table something like Chinakhov and a mid first value wise vs Johnson straight up. (Not proposing that trade, just saying value package wide comparison).

I mean, if Jarmo is an idiot, Flames aren't walking to get that deal finalized. They're sending Lindholm over with gift baskets and hugs and kisses.

Reactions: Iwishihadaspacebar

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
This just in, Columbus has joined a throng of other NHL Franchises in being willing to move players no other team wants.

A year after getting Provorov, they trade him?

And Laine, wow.

Jarmo is the worst GM in the league by far. How he still has a job is baffling.

Gaudreau wants out as well probably... Soon Fantilli and the other youngsters will follow suit.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Come on man. You haven't got a let to stand on. Am I supposed to feel down about your comment, or should my team strive to not make the playoffs 16 out of 22 years as a franchise?
Feel what you want. CBJ beat the Leafs head to head in the playoffs and have had better success . Sorry.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Hope this gets jiricek some PP time and gets svozil a look after the TDL

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Blackhawks will give you Tampa’s 1st for Kent Johnson or Jiricek.
Uhhuh. And we'll offer our 1st next year for Connor Bedard. Don't be absurd.

* * *​
Different skill set, same work ethic
Please. We've seen both in action. Laine is light years ahead of Dubois in that regard. Hell, he's well ahead of Jeff Carter, and there at least y'all have the excuse of having experienced more of his good side than his bad.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Kuzmenko, 2025 2nd, 2024 5th, for Laine w/ $3M retainment

That would have the Jackets paying $8m for Kuzmenko and the Canucks paying $5.7m for Laine. It would make more sense to have the retention equalize the cost, so $1.85m retained. Both players can score and have serious warts.

The picks are less important and can be left out.

Reaves + 3rd for Peeke @ 50%

Doesn't do anything for either teams cap situation, but opens up a roster space for Jiricek, who probably shouldn't be in the AHL at this point.

Jiricek should be in the AHL. Peeke is a cheap U26 buyout, better than taking on Reaves.

What kind of value does Provorov have? 1st + B/C prospect?

Yes.

Or maybe just a late 1st.

I disagree, they need to obtain high-valued assets in the positions they are weakest in by moving their high-valued assets that are redundant and surplus.

They already have.

They sold off in recent years and now have Fantilli, KJ, Mateychuk, Jiricek, etc... etc... all coming up. A very deep group of high end prospects.

The problem is they're joining a roster that has only a couple consistent solid veterans that the kids can take after. It's a blind leading the blind situation. You can't trade Jenner, they're not going to learn how to win battles and how to forecheck from Gaudreau.

It would take a first and a top 10 draft pick prospect for Columbus to even consider retaining on a 25 year old player who can still be very effective under right circumstances

I think we give Laine away. We should at least. The team already has elite scorers coming up, it's battle and consistency that the team is short on.

A year after getting Provorov, they trade him?

He was always a short term rental to hold the fort on the second pair until Mateychuk was ready. Which is pretty much now.

A 1st out for Provorov and a 1st in when you're done with him. That's a good plan if Jarmo can pull it off.

Gaudreau wants out as well probably

Why do you imagine Gaudreau went to Columbus in the first place? To win the Stanley Cup in year one?

It was a family decision, not for hockey reasons.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Not that I am supporting this, but LA is already retaining part of Provorov's deal as part of that three way deal this summer.

Anybody recall a team that is already retaining money on a player trying to acquire him? Is it forbidden?
You can’t for 12 months.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
It would take a first and a top 10 draft pick prospect for Columbus to even consider retaining on a 25 year old player who can still be very effective under right circumstances
I mean, yeah, a first is in order. 3 years of 4.25 million is worth something big, but a top 10 prospect might be too big an ask for the player attached to that retention.
As long as you can supply fibre internet for his Fortnite fetish
5G all the way, we're good.

• Haha
Reactions: CanMerc

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Uhhuh. And we'll offer our 1st next year for Connor Bedard. Don't be absurd.

* * *​

Please. We've seen both in action. Laine is light years ahead of Dubois in that regard. Hell, he's well ahead of Jeff Carter, and there at least y'all have the excuse of having experienced more of his good side than his bad.
I was just Kiddin like Jason.

…unless you gonna do it.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Any chance that Columbus would consider trading Severson at this point?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

They just signed him and he has a full NTC.

I don't like his contract, but I don't know how you even bring it up with his camp. With an NTC I think you just forget about any trade ideas.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
They just signed him and he has a full NTC.

I don't like his contract, but I don't know how you even bring it up with his camp. With an NTC I think you just forget about any trade ideas.
Was just wondering if CBJ might be looking at a comprehensive rebuild, in which case he might not fit the timeline and might not have as much interest in staying around. He and CBJ might have changed perspectives since summer.

But I agree, it's very unlikely.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

Beyond the NTC as mentioned, i think the contract itself is probably prohibitive to him being moved anyway. It's too big and too long, making it a de facto NTC anyway. And don't even bother bringing up the idea of retention on a deal that long that the Jackets just signed him to. :laugh:

So my real question would be...what team wants him at that price with that kind of term? And if they did...why didn't they just go out and sign him last summer in the first place?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad