News: Columbus taking calls on multiple players.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Call this guy, tell him he is the problem.

I am sure he interested in what you have to say:

View attachment 810825
If I had that kind of influence I would definately call him. But I don't so I'll just keep posting my opinion on this hockey board........just like you.

JP is the owner of the CBJ. He has given power to JD and Jarmo to build a winning team. He has always been a hands off owner. Some would say that's a great thing for a GM, others would say it's a mistake. Nonetheless, he has taken a hands off approach up until this point. The owners also released a less than favorable press release before the season started in response to the Mike Babcock hiring/firing so I don't think JD and Jarmo are on very solid ground.

The POHO and GM have failed and it's time to move on. I hope JP has had enough of this and becomes the driver of change. If not he should sell the majority of the team to someone who will.

Reactions: Napoli

MakoSlade

Nov 17, 2005
New York City
Thank you to whoever fixed that ridiculous thread title.

I can see Provorov getting a lot of interest. How has be been with CLB this year?

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
A retained Laine would be a sweet pick up.
It would take a first and a top 10 draft pick prospect for Columbus to even consider retaining on a 25 year old player who can still be very effective under right circumstances

Thank you to whoever fixed that ridiculous thread title.

I can see Provorov getting a lot of interest. How has be been with CLB this year?
He’s been surprisingly good offensively with solid puck possession style but his defensive game leaves a room to improve

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Except that wasn't the notion. No one said "you should want Boone Jenner in a trade because he's faster than Kent Johnson." It was only said that "Boone Jenner is faster than Kent Johnson".

I'm just not sure what your point even is at this point.

-I said that Jenner would be a terrible fit for Vancouver because he's slow as shit (which he is). And consequently, i'd vastly prefer to pay whatever premium for Kent Johnson.

-Someone argued that Jenner is faster than Kent Johnson.

-I'd still vastly prefer the better skater in Kent Johnson, and i explained why. Making a tongue-in-cheek comment about a player who very likely isn't available at all.

These things are all logically entwined. I'm not sure what's complicated here.

Send Kent Johnson, or send nothing. Boone would be an absurdly expensive and completely terrible fit. If we're paying stupid prices, i'd rather get the guy who can skate. Simple.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
Laine would be a good pick up for lots of teams. He hasn't been healthy at the Blue Jackets but ppg the year before last and just below a ppg last year. Just like when at the Jets, if he plays for a better side he'd be scoring 30-40 goals a season.

I could see the Canes among those interested as they do need another scorer, especially if Teravainen is gone in the summer. If Rod can't get him to work, nobody will.

Also, Kent Johnson for an extended Lindholm.... who says no?

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I'd assume Voronkov is close to untouchable as well? I really like his and Marchenko's game. Probably two guys you'd continue to build around.
Yes, they appear to be two players for the future core. Granted it's the first year for Voronkov and we've seen others drop like rocks but his game seems very well suited for the NHL. CBJ still has a lot of future talent but just can't seem to fit the pieces together. Voronkov seems like a piece that would fit on just about any team. I think he's staying put but no one is untouchable for the right price. I just don't see anything like that happening with him.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Hard to bring Laine attitude in your dressing room. You need to be very careful on this stuff. You want to build a culture
Not sure what year you are living in but Laine's attitude has been outstanding. I get that most people outside of Columbus know very little about what goes on with the CBJ but he's not the guy so many portray him to be. He's a guy that's had too many injuries and still carries the puck too much. That's the negatives on him. He actually cares a lot, he's been vocal in the lockerroom and has taken a player like Fantilli under his wing. Sure, sure...insert jokes there. That's fine, but he's been nothing but a positive influence in Columbus and willing to do what it takes. He has pride and gets frustrated with all the losing. He's aloof and a bit of a diva with his clothes but he's a good guy to have - if he could stay healthy

This is foolish. If CBJ knew better they would boldly trade Jenner.

If it means a potentially brighter future, why would CBJ not strive for that? A 1st for Jenner is a fair offer.
It's not foolish. CBJ has a top 3 prospect pool and doesn't need more 1st round picks. They need more talent at the NHL level that fits with the new core being built. They need experience and leaders. Jenner is that and worth more to CBJ than any other team and moving him for a 1st would be flat out stupid.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Not sure what year you are living in but Laine's attitude has been outstanding. I get that most people outside of Columbus know very little about what goes on with the CBJ but he's not the guy so many portray him to be. He's a guy that's had too many injuries and still carries the puck too much. That's the negatives on him. He actually cares a lot, he's been vocal in the lockerroom and has taken a player like Fantilli under his wing. Sure, sure...insert jokes there. That's fine, but he's been nothing but a positive influence in Columbus and willing to do what it takes. He has pride and gets frustrated with all the losing. He's aloof and a bit of a diva with his clothes but he's a good guy to have - if he could stay healthy

It's not foolish. CBJ has a top 3 prospect pool and doesn't need more 1st round picks. They need more talent at the NHL level that fits with the new core being built. They need experience and leaders. Jenner is that and worth more to CBJ than any other team and moving him for a 1st would be flat out stupid.
How's that working out for Columbus?

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Laine would be a good pick up for lots of teams. He hasn't been healthy at the Blue Jackets but ppg the year before last and just below a ppg last year. Just like when at the Jets, if he plays for a better side he'd be scoring 30-40 goals a season.

I could see the Canes among those interested as they do need another scorer, especially if Teravainen is gone in the summer. If Rod can't get him to work, nobody will.

Also, Kent Johnson for an extended Lindholm.... who says no?

Columbus?

I'd also love looking into acquiring Laine but I don't know how that would fit.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
The best he can realistically get for them are non-top3 1st and a middle-of-pack 2nd, respectively.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Jenner though, was a very mediocre at best skater at the Junior level, and never really improved a whole lot. Age and injuries certainly haven't sped him up either. He's just a slow player. A darn good one, but very slow.

It's not a point I've heard anyone else making, but I've argued for a while that Jenner has made big strides in his skating technique late in his career. Improvements, I mean. It's still not great technique but it's better than it was. And as far as injuries go, he moves better than ever. Most of the Jackets fanbase seems to have bought into this idea that he's on his last legs, but compared to five or ten years ago I think he looks better.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Jarmo and JD have been around Columbus for 10 years and have won 1 playoff series (beating Toronto in the "bubble year" doesn't count as they would never have made the playoffs that year). Jarmo has been smoked in as many trades as he has "won."

Not in denial at all. Jarmo and JD need to go.
exactly . ive always saw jd as arrogant , from his pre-cbj tv days , and not smart enough for the job cbj gave him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad