News: Columbus taking calls on multiple players.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
Sergachev (8.5x8) + Sheary (2x3) for Provorov (4.75x2) + Roslovic (4x1)?

Ideally it's short-term for long-term. Tampa gets the short-term to give them cap flexibility to reconstruct the roster, while Columbus gets guys who'll be there beyond next season.

I think both teams would be happy with their new defenseman and not with the forwards. Tampa takes the risk that Provorov walks after next season and they have nothing behind an aging Hedman while Columbus gets current Sergachev and not the one who was expected when given that contract.

I think Columbus has enough overpaid defensemen.

Kuzmenko, 2025 2nd, 2024 5th, for Laine w/ $3M retainment
Value is not bad but doubt Columbus will retain anywhere close to that much for that long.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
This is foolish. If CBJ knew better they would boldly trade Jenner.

If it means a potentially brighter future, why would CBJ not strive for that? A 1st for Jenner is a fair offer.
a 1st has a decently high chance to be nothing. You cant just ice a team of kids. Columbus is basically doing that now and it is not going well. They've had plenty of 1sts lately and very high ones at that, picks arent priority 1 right now.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Superficially Jenner doesn't look fast. No casual viewer is tuning in and thinking that Boone Jenner guy is fast.

He's got everyone fooled. The technique is legit bad, I don't know why you think that is being debated. But the actual speed is faster than Kent Johnson.

I mean, he seems to have you fooled into thinking he's fast somehow. :dunno: :laugh:

How do you get sluggish, slow, poor skating? With "legitimately bad technique".

Jenner just thrashes away and looks like he's putting so much power and effort into whatever it is he's doing. But it's so wildly clunky, short, choppy, and inefficient, he doesn't actually achieve much meaningful "speed" in the process and he's got a pretty hard limiter on that top speed too. Actually powerful, good skaters make it look easy and effortless. They cover a lot more ground a lot more easily as a result of a more proper, efficient stride.

Not that Kent is a "burner" by any means. But he's got far more easy natural ice coverage than Jenner, by a pretty wide margin. He just doesn't always look like he's trying that hard and isn't always "given' er all she's got cap'n!" like Captain Boone.

Reminds me a bit of a former Jacket Derek Dorsett. Who people weirdly thought was kind of fast. But he was like Jenner where it just looked like he was doing a lot and putting a ton of effort into it, so people made assumptions. But in practical terms...he was below average, and it meant he was constantly late to hits and pretty much anything else he did. Despite the unquestionable effort level. Jenner is obviously a massively smarter and more skilled player so he gets to the right spots more effectively...but same idea.

Jenner though, was a very mediocre at best skater at the Junior level, and never really improved a whole lot. Age and injuries certainly haven't sped him up either. He's just a slow player. A darn good one, but very slow.

But i mean, if you want to keep rattletrap Jenner and send out "slowpoke" Kent instead, i'd be happy to oblige, and i think the Canucks would be as well. :laugh:

Reactions: bossram

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
But i mean, if you want to keep rattletrap Jenner and send out "slowpoke" Kent instead, i'd be happy to oblige, and i think the Canucks would be as well. :laugh:
AN interesting segue, given the poster you're replying to hasn't suggested trading either player. Literally no one is in here saying "Jackets would do well to keep Boone Jenner and trade Kent Johnson because of their relative footspeed."

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
AN interesting segue, given the poster you're replying to hasn't suggested trading either player. Literally no one is in here saying "Jackets would do well to keep Boone Jenner and trade Kent Johnson because of their relative footspeed."

I mean, i don't think Columbus are really looking to move either player. For different reasons, obviously. I'm just riffing on the ridiculous notion that i shouldn't prefer Kent Johnson over Boone Jenner in a hypothetical acquisition, because Boone is actually faster, or not a complete slug even.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I mean, i don't think Columbus are really looking to move either player. For different reasons, obviously. I'm just riffing on the ridiculous notion that i shouldn't prefer Kent Johnson over Boone Jenner in a hypothetical acquisition, because Boone is actually faster, or not a complete slug even.
Except that wasn't the notion. No one said "you should want Boone Jenner in a trade because he's faster than Kent Johnson." It was only said that "Boone Jenner is faster than Kent Johnson".

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Reaves + 3rd for Peeke @ 50%

Doesn't do anything for either teams cap situation, but opens up a roster space for Jiricek, who probably shouldn't be in the AHL at this point.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
The situation in Columbus is reminiscent of other weak Franchises.

The owner blindly endorsing an incompetent GM, who year after year emphatically demonstrates they haven't a clue on how to build a winner.

Better Team construction is where it is @, even if it means moving valuable pieces to make it happen.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009

The owner blindly endorsing an incompetent GM, who year after year emphatically demonstrates they haven't a clue on how to build a winner.

Better Team construction is where it is at, even if it means moving valuable pieces to make it happen.
Weak franchises have shown time and again that successful builds require valuable veteran leadership as well as young talent.

The key for the Jackets will be to keep the players that are working while moving out the ones that are not.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Weak franchises have shown time and again that successful builds require valuable veteran leadership as well as young talent.

The key for the Jackets will be to keep the players that are working while moving out the ones that are not.
I disagree, they need to obtain high-valued assets in the positions they are weakest in by moving their high-valued assets that are redundant and surplus.

Reactions: thebus88

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio

Better Team construction is where it is @, even if it means moving valuable pieces to make it happen.
Just so I understand what you are saying to us CBJ fans.

You want us to believe that there is a rudderless ship in Columbus because of a hands off owner and a terrible GM (you can add in the POHO) who doesn't have a clue on how to construct a better team (I don't disagree). Yet you want us CBJ fans to agree that the solution is for the current GM who has not been able to construct such a team should now be allowed to move valuable pieces to build this hypothetical "better team?"

I'll pass.

My hope is that ownership limits Jarmo and JDs transactions going forward until they are replaced once the season ends.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Just so I understand what you are saying to us CBJ fans.

You want us to believe that there is a rudderless ship in Columbus because of a hands off owner and a terrible GM (you can add in the POHO) who doesn't have a clue on how to construct a better team (I don't disagree). Yet you want us CBJ fans to agree that the solution is for the current GM who has not been able to construct such a team should now be allowed to move valuable pieces to build this hypothetical "better team?"

I'll pass.

My hope is that ownership limits Jarmo and JDs transactions going forward until they are replaced once the season ends.

Teachable moment: DeNial is not a River in Africa.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Jarmo is just the guy to trick other GMs into taking on his worthless baggage for gilded lilies.
Jarmo and JD have been around Columbus for 10 years and have won 1 playoff series (beating Toronto in the "bubble year" doesn't count as they would never have made the playoffs that year). Jarmo has been smoked in as many trades as he has "won."

Teaching moment: DeNial is not a River in Africa.
Not in denial at all. Jarmo and JD need to go.

Reactions: Menzinger

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Jarmo and JD have been around Columbus for 10 years and have won 1 playoff series (beating Toronto in the "bubble year" doesn't count as they would never have made the playoffs that year). Jarmo has been smoked in as many trades as he has "won."

Not in denial at all. Jarmo and JD need to go.
Call this guy, tell him he is the problem.

I am sure he interested in what you have to say:

1706288661218.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad