News: Columbus taking calls on multiple players.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
They need to get rid of Kekäläinen before it's too late. I bet he's going to get fleeced next TDL.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
How's that working out for Columbus?
The injuries? They suck. He's a good player that hasn't been able to stay healthy and that has impacted the team. His attitude? It's been great, but I already said that and from what we read and hear he's been a great teammate and amazing in the room and the community. So...mixed bag?

Point is, he's not the cancer some of you want to make him out to be. He's a PPG guy in Columbus that hasn't stayed healthy so many of you fall back on the attitude thing - which simply isn't an issue.

Reactions: jonu and Viqsi

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
:laugh: Imagine a serious player like Laine using wireless networks for his craft. Instead of a hardwired fiber connection. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Get real.
He might not want to make the commitment, being on team 3 so far.

He strikes me as someone that would play mobile games religiously, as well.

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
Laine is kind of reminding me of Gaborik as an always injured inconsistent goal scorer that has flashed sky high potential right down to the 5 goal game. High cap hits too. Was traded from CBJ to NYR for a bottom 6 grinder, 2nd and 3rd. Maybe something similar to that?

To AZ
Laine

To CBJ
Zucker, Avs 24 3rd, EDM 25 2nd

• Haha
Reactions: I3LI3

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
CBJ should have THE talk with Jenner…

…are you interested in sticking around and mentoring our young guns, or would like to be traded to a contender and chase a cup?

I think he’s earned that

Reactions: Duffman955

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
This just in, Columbus has joined a throng of other NHL Franchises in being willing to move players no other team wants.

As a Habs fan, I always wanted Laine. I feel big market hockey would bring it out of him. And playing for MSL he’d probably be given the freedom to find his game again

It wasn't really a serious proposition, but if CBJ will part with Jiricek for Nazar or Moore+ TB's 1st I would probably do it.
I wouldn’t do that if I was CLB . Jiricek is going to be a stud

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
This thread is pretty comical. The kids are amazing, the Russian line is amazing, Laine is amazing, Jenner is amazing, Provorov is amazing… and the Jackets are an abomination. Someone’s pumping up their players a little too well.

Reactions: Duffman955

Vukotal Recall

Jan 30, 2010
CSB about CLB

I've been right about a lot of things in my takes on the NHL, but my prediction that Jarmo's moves would pay off in a great Columbus team has fallen apart like Thanos dust. Ah, well. But it really should've panned for them, lots of great players.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
This thread is pretty comical. The kids are amazing, the Russian line is amazing, Laine is amazing, Jenner is amazing, Provorov is amazing… and the Jackets are an abomination. Someone’s pumping up their players a little too well.

That's more on you reading in an overly dualistic way. No one has been amazing this year, certainly not Laine, who had a concussion and went from being the best player last year to being god awful so far this year.

Bad teams can have okay players, sometimes even elite players, although the Jackets have noone at that level right now. And there are players that are sometimes good and sometimes bad.

SteelCityCannon

Mar 25, 2017
I wouldn’t call them all “amazing”. I do think we have players much better than our record indicates. Must mean we have terrible coaching.

(I think we have the worst staff in the nhl personally)

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Laine is kind of reminding me of Gaborik as an always injured inconsistent goal scorer that has flashed sky high potential right down to the 5 goal game. High cap hits too. Was traded from CBJ to NYR for a bottom 6 grinder, 2nd and 3rd. Maybe something similar to that?

To AZ
Laine

To CBJ
No, that’s chump change

Columbus should probably be taking calls on a new GM
I would be shocked if the ownership is not doing it, Jarmo is a goner but not before the mid season

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I wouldn’t call them all “amazing”. I do think we have players much better than our record indicates. Must mean we have terrible coaching.

(I think we have the worst staff in the nhl personally)
Either that or maybe you don’t realize they aren’t that good

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Alright, I’ll bite. What does the team that has everything need and what is the going rate for Roslovic’s worst version of himself?
I think Roslovic could probably be had for like a 4th round pick, + or - a round.
Either that or maybe you don’t realize they aren’t that good
Could be either, sure. But I look at Philly’s roster vs ours, then I look at the point difference in the standings and lean towards our coaches/systems suck. Some of our players suck too though don’t get me wrong (Kuraly, Peeke, Elvis [25-50% of the time], Bemstrom, etc).

Last edited:
Reactions: Lindberg Cheese

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

To AZ
Laine

To CBJ

AZ has cap space and picks so it’s not a crazy thought but they likely send some dumps back if they even have any

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
Unless the trade is somewhat of an overpayment, Columbus will/should hold on to Laine and hope he bounces back.

That said, unless Jarmo is fired somewhat soon, I could see a very stupid desperation trade from him, but that's probably more just my own fear.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Because Boone Jenner is slow as f***. He'd look terrible in Tocchet's system. Especially at the cost it'd take to acquire him.

Now...if they were able to swindle the Jackets out of Kent Johnson while Keke is still in charge of crashing the ship...i'd be willing to pay through the nose for that. But i don't get the impression they have any desire whatsoever to move the younger guys like that, even with Jarmo being halfway clueless.

I don't know that Laine strikes me as strictly "disinterested" in the way that someone like say, PLD can be. It feels like Laine does at least actually really love playing hockey and scoring goals. He's just got a bit of an unusual personality for a star hockey player. He seems to sort of march to the beat of his own drum. Has a very different sort of intensity than your typical "rah rah 110%" players...which can certainly come across as "lazy" or "disinterested" as a casual glance. Can also be a real enigma for coaches who aren't used to players whose attitude seems to exist outside the typical "elite athlete" mindset.

Reactions: Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad