GDT: Columbus Blue Jackets @ New Jersey Devils 3PM MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
It wasn't one period they dominated from the second half of the 2nd period. And they did enough to win that game.
We played Columbus and put up 1 goal. Who cares how much they dominated the game. The f***ing Rangers scored 3 goals on 19 shots and beat the Flyers. I thought we were a shoe in to finish higher than them in the standings and now it's looking like we won't be a playoff team if nothing changes in the month of December.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Ruff needs to go

But not for Green

Green really needs to turn heel here and quickly.

I think he may be to blame for the lack of 5 on 5 scoring and rush game that has evaporated for all but the other team.

I may be wrong on that part, but I’m pretty sure I’m right on him not being a suitable NHL head coach and if Ruff goes then Fitz is gonna have to do A LOT better than Green.

Ruff to Green is basically Hynes to Nasreddine. Some people may think Nasreddine is better than Hynes because we won at a slightly better pace after he took over, but that was another mirage. That was actually the Blackwood stretch.

Remember when Andrew Hammond made jackass Dave Cameron look like a good head coach for a few months too?
I know Nashville is struggling as well, but they let the wrong coach walk.

Reactions: Bleedred

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Haula was tossed and stayed in for a neutral zone draw against the.. Capitals i think it was

maybe the rules changed over time but i believe its player discretion with the idea being 'its not worth it'; also i dont believe two infractions is a penalty if theyre different players, as ive seen three guys take a shot at the dot before

My god, are you going to make me look this up

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
If they control the puck, don't give up odd man chances the goalies don't give up goals.... who'da thunk it?

I like this game as stepping stone. They could've easily put in 5 in this game, they pushed the pace and controlled the puck for nearly half the game.

This was positive.
I'd like to think that they did good defensively tonight, but they were facing the Blue Jackets.

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
If they control the puck, don't give up odd man chances the goalies don't give up goals.... who'da thunk it?

I like this game as stepping stone. They could've easily put in 5 in this game, they pushed the pace and controlled the puck for nearly half the game.

This was positive.
Here I am Agreeing with Jim

I am still at a 7.5

IMG_1668.jpeg

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra

This was positive.
Not really, they played half a game. It’s the same shit that’s been going on for a while.

The usual slow start, take it on the chin and wake for the third and pile up shots but to no avail.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
then explain why guys stay in for a draw if rheyre kicked out lol

you just watched it happen and it isnt a conspiracy against the Devils...
They don’t. That’s why multiple people are saying “how did the linesman allow it?”

Please point out the rules disputing what I’m showing? I’m happy to see them.

Otherwise it’s “trust me bro” versus the rule book.

denverdevil

Nov 13, 2007
Denver, CO

This was positive.
I'm digging the positive vibes. I'm with you here.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I really think this forum needs to throw Travis Green a beer, do a cheers and then low blow him and hit him with a stunner. And then give him double birds as he’s passed out on the floor.

I truly believe the guy has done more harm than good.

It’s fun that we let Brunette go just so Ruff could get 15 more games here before realizing we probably made a mistake.

We don’t have a rush game anymore. The opponents do though.

I’m done with Green already. I’ll take a 10th-12th power play again in exchange for the explosive rush game and actually scoring at 5 on 5.

God, Jesus, David, Allah, Krishna help us all if Green is Fitz’s big replacement for Ruff. Fitz could be out of a job sooner than not if that’s the best he’s got. Especially after we had to eat a couple of years of Ruff’s extension before it even starts.

Again, I really don’t think Ruff is the largest evil here.

They need to pass on Green the same way SatherGorton passed on Lindy when they fired AV.

PizzaAndPucks

Nov 29, 2018
if any team makes on-ice decisions based on fan behavior then they're going to be shit
Really ? We have a ton of tangible reasons why there needs to be the real possibility of a change behind the bench. I can't even tell you how many games we scored the first goal. Literally are consistently down to start games and have to come from behind. We did the same thing alot last season but clearly something is different this year. Ruff is in his 4th season with us , there is supposed to be familiarity and progression but instead we got worse. They need a new coach with no ties whatsoever to the Devils. This team needs to atleast try to salvage the season without making a trade for some mediocre depth player thinking it will solve things.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
  • Any player committing a face-off violation will cause the player taking the draw to be kicked out of the face-off and replaced by another player
  • A team committing two face-off violations in the same instance will be assessed a delay of game penalty

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I like the push back. It's a start.

I'm encouraged.

Gotta start somewhere, right? This game at least had more signs of life from the early part of the season than we have had recently.

I want to see us as close to fully healthy up front before I start to get concerned. This skid sucks, but I feel like there’s too much talent here that we will find a way out of it.

Reactions: denverdevil

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I know Nashville is struggling as well, but they let the wrong coach walk.
Nashville just isn’t good. We are.

Ruff/Green is a huge downgrade from Ruff/Brunette.

It’s almost like Ruff/Recchi, only with a good power play.

The 5 on 5 scoring/rush game looks about as useless this year as it did when Recchi was the offensive assistant.

PizzaAndPucks

Nov 29, 2018

This was positive.
Yeah if they played a team like Boston or Vegas than sure. This is a but of a loser mentality but I get. They need to find something to build off of.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah, about that...
Your team would have been up 4-1 by the 5-10 minute mark of the 2nd period if we played them like we played this game.

Especially with the 4 minute double minor power play they got and couldn’t score on, but where we stayed trapped in our end for about 3.5 of the 4 minutes, getting no clears.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad