Columbus Blue Jackets: 2 regulation losses in the last 62 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
How about last 63 days? Once again a Pejorative Slured statistic.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
In 4 of those losses he had a save percentage of 92.7 percent or better and allowed no more than 2 goals. He wasnt really even playing that poorly during his roughest stretch

Im looking at those games right now and there’s only 2 games with +92?

One loss was when he came in relief in the SO, but thats offset by the time he was pulled in the 1st period & that loss went to Korpi.

But yeah, im not saying he was just straight up garbage. Although, Torts didn’t trust him in the end before Korpi got hurt.

Reactions: thebus88

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Reminds me of hte Islanders last year. All bought into the system, might win a round, but the lack of high end talent will stop them from every truly being a cup threat.

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
Doesn’t make much sense but props to them. Torts running away with Jack Adams.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Doesn’t make much sense but props to them. Torts running away with Jack Adams.
That's going to be a battle with Sullivan and Pittsburgh IMO. Not content with being our closest rival geographically, they also opted to be our closest rival in somehow succeeding through injuries with guys you've never heard of as well.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Still a chunk of the season to go, but karmically and comically this feels nice.

They went all in last year. Some respected it. Some mocked it. Many (myself included) would not have seen them quite where they are now. Huzzah.

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
Remember when he was criticized for drafting PLD over fellow Finn Puljujarvi? Good times.

Such a likeable team overall. Would love to see them go on a deep run this year. Let's hear that cannon!
Two things I was incredibly wrong about. The drafting of PLD and hiring Torts.

Ive never been so happy to have been wrong

Reactions: SabresSharks

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I'm not surprised. They looked amazing against TB in that series last year and it wasnt because of the guys they lost in free agency last summer. It was because they worked their ass off and played disciplined in their own zone. Were very opportunistic as well. If they can score goals in the playoffs nobody is beating them.

D1az

Oct 29, 2009
Finland
I don't get how they are that good. They have Jones and Werenski and apart from that defensive pairing I am completely clueless as to how they are doing this.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Seeing bob play like trash before and after torts makes me conclude that he was a product of the cbj system. Elvis and korpi might be as well but they're sure as hell cheaper. Well played jackets. Wish they got assets for bob though.

Reactions: thebus88 and D1az

D1az

Oct 29, 2009
Finland
Seeing bob play like trash before and after torts makes me conclude that he was a product of the cbj system. Elvis and korpi might be as well but they're sure as hell cheaper. Well played jackets. Wish they got assets for bob though.

I really hope Bob serves as a major warning sign for managers in the future, no matter how desperate they are.

Reactions: Madifer

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
Very under the radar team and this is a group who believes in themselves. Them managing to sweep Tampa last year wasn't only a choke job, but a jackets team who really stepped the f*** up and earned that upset.

Torts is still one of the best coaches as well

Reactions: thebus88 and Viqsi

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
I really hope Bob serves as a major warning sign for managers in the future, no matter how desperate they are.
Yup. And I'd like to correct myself. Bob had a few good seasons before torts while on the jackets...but I think I remember cbj being defensively sound for a while.

Reactions: thebus88 and Viqsi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce