Columbus Blue Jackets: 2 regulation losses in the last 62 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Two things I was incredibly wrong about. The drafting of PLD and hiring Torts.

Ive never been so happy to have been wrong
I was bullish on PLD; IIRC my favorite comment that day was "we've gone off the board with high picks to draft a center unexpectedly before, and it turned out well then". The Torts hire, OTOH, had me briefly jumping on the Fire Kekalainen bandwagon, and in retrospect was one of the worst calls I've ever made. :)

* * *​
Getting real Steve Mason vibes from Elvis.
Believe me, we all remember that very well. You'll notice that no Jackets fans are making dramatic pronouncements about his future career, for example. We're sticking to cautious optimism.

* * *​
Bob was trash before Torts? Huh?
He corrected himself in a later post.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
It'd be funny if the Rangers and Panthers miss the playoffs this year. But Columbus is looking pretty solid thus far.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Seth Jones to the IR, out indefinitely. Ok Torts, show us what you got.

LGBlues

Feb 25, 2014
Is there a coach getting more with less - I hope the players like Torts a little because he is doing a great job.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Getting real Steve Mason vibes from Elvis.

Steve Mason vibes.

Steve Mason was 21 years old, fresh out of juniors, and didn't know how to deal with the success he got at a very young age in the NHL. By his own admission, he kicked his feet up after his rookie year here and didn't try as hard until he got traded to Philadelphia.

Elvis is 25 years old, has been playing pro hockey for 7 years. He played in multiple international tournaments against men. From the looks of it, is a very hard worker. Dealt with adversity when he started out 0-8 as a starter.

In what way is Elvis like Steve Mason? The only similarities are they play under a stingy defensive coach, on the Blue Jackets.

Reactions: Viqsi and Dumais

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Steve Mason was 21 years old, fresh out of juniors, and didn't know how to deal with the success he got at a very young age in the NHL. By his own admission, he kicked his feet up after his rookie year here and didn't try as hard until he got traded to Philadelphia.

Elvis is 25 years old, has been playing pro hockey for 7 years. He played in multiple international tournaments against men. From the looks of it, is a very hard worker. Dealt with adversity when he started out 0-8 as a starter.

In what way is Elvis like Steve Mason? The only similarities are they play under a stingy defensive coach, on the Blue Jackets.
You don't often see a rookie goalie come in and post that many shutouts. That's where my vibe is coming from. Gear down, turbo.

Fireball23

Mar 5, 2014
does it really matter?
Where's our "stick a fork in" Columbus thread?
Every one is trying to.. but this team is one thing .. resilient. Should be interesting the rest of the way. Probably stick with all the same players because Trades arent going to do anything. Should get some starters back. It could be worse lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad