Friedman: Columbus and... Erik Karlsson?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
How would the PP minutes work out with Karlsson, Jones and ZW?
For shot purposes, if they are going to run a 3F-2D PP, Werenski will be the one who gets time with one of the other two due to being a left-shot. So, most likely Werenski-Karlsson, with Jones pushed into more of a shut-down role.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I don't know why they do this unless they are moving Jones or Werenski. The 3 of them fill the same role, and CBJ needs star power at forward more than anything

If they landed Karlsson and moved one of Jones/Werenski for an impact forward, that's a pretty quick way to move on from the Panarin situation. Jones or Werenski would bring back someone of serious value.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
At this point I think I'm going to start a thread with a tweet from myself saying

"I know there is a lot of talk going around, but from my sources, the Sens seem very interested in signing Karlsson #unexpected #addthemtothelist"

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I remember when this guy was a journalist, now he's just Elliott Friedlund.

Really pathetic to both watch and listen to these days especially at the draft "hey GM so u drafted this guy whatevs, any trade activity durr?"

Reactions: Morrison

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Could there be a massive deal around Karlsson + Duchene to be had?

To OTT: Wennberg + Dubinsky + Murray + Abramov + 1st + another prospect/pick

To CBJ: Karlsson + Dunchene

Panarin-Dubois-Anderson
Milano-Duchene-Atkinson
Foligno-Nash-Bjorkstrand
Jenner-Sedlak-Davidsson

Werenski-Jones
Nutivaara-Karlsson
Kukan-Savard

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Don’t kill me if the value is a little off, but here’s a (sort of) 3 way

To LA: Panarin, Milano

To CBJ: Toffoli, Vilardi

Then

To OTT: Toffoli, Savard, Vilardi, 2019 1st

To CBJ: Karlsson (extension pre-negotiated)

Am I off, or could that work for everyone?

Reactions: zzs06

jeamein

Feb 14, 2016
Im from Finland and not sure what kind of place Columbus is, but I assume that not the most comfortable? And player like Karlsson will definitely want to live in comfortable city, it wont be only money

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Im from Finland and not sure what kind of place Columbus is, but I assume that not the most comfortable? And player like Karlsson will definitely want to live in comfortable city, it wont be only money

What do you mean by “comfortable”? With low cost of living and a good place to raise a family, it’s about as “comfortable” as it gets.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Don’t kill me if the value is a little off, but here’s a (sort of) 3 way

To LA: Panarin, Milano

To CBJ: Toffoli, Vilardi

Then

To OTT: Toffoli, Savard, Vilardi, 2019 1st

To CBJ: Karlsson (extension pre-negotiated)

Am I off, or could that work for everyone?

So we’d be giving up Panarin, Milano, and Savard for Karlsson? Who’s going to be scoring goals for us? That’s awful value for Columbus, and I don’t even care that we’d be acquiring one of the best defensemen in the league.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
what do you mean by comfortable?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
"somebody" "thought" "maybe" "try" ...

Yeah, okay. I wonder if Friedman should get the Eklund treatment.

what do you mean by comfortable?
Ohio seems like a bit of a culture shock at least to me.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

It's more comfortable than Ottawa.

Ottawa is tiny bit more cultured and is more of a hockey scene, but that's all they got.

Columbus has better traffic, better arena, not as cold. You don't go to either city if you want nightlife.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad