Friedman: Columbus and... Erik Karlsson?

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
20 goals? Yes. 80 points? I'm not holding my breath but it's not impossible, however extremely unlikely.

However, he was tied for 2nd among dmen in goals this year...With what's to be believed to be possibly torn or partially torn rotator cuff since October... He literally couldn't use his slapshot or one timer all season and managed to tie Jones, PK Subban and Ekblad for 2nd. Only behind Provorov, Hedman and Hamilton by one goal...

20 is absolutely a possibility considering the power play was abysmal last season and he couldn't use half of his offensive arsenal..

I also remember reading he had been working hard on his slapshot and one timer in the off-season last year and then this came out

That move looks like it would be largely ineffective in NHL games. Probably why he didn't try it once all year.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I can't see the Rangers trading for Panarin. For the same reasons they're reportedly not in on Karlsson, they most likely would not be in on Panarin.

Great player, just doesn't fit the direction of the team right now.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
So what if it is a three way and Columbus isn't on the receiving end of Karlsson.

Panarin, Karlsson, ???

Panarin goes to either Ottawa or the 3rd team.

Karlsson goes to Columbus or the 3rd team

Pieces/players from 3rd team go to Columbus or Ott.

I dunno, I just can't see this one panning out in any way shape or form. I cannot see Columbus wasting assets on Karlsson..

Maybe he heard wrong and it was William..

LA would be a good 3rd team! Would be great spot for Panarin to land. Have good assets to move and the need for scoring!

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
That move looks like it would be largely ineffective in NHL games. Probably why he didn't try it once all year.
Or because he couldn't raise his stick above his shoulders because he tore something in his shoulder and literally was unable to take a slapshot from the end of October throughout the playoffs...

And still scored 16 goals..

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I’ve been to Ottawa for hockey 5-6x and I can’t think of a single way I like it more than Columbus.
Ottawa has nothing to do with this.

To quote Darryl Sutter while he was with the Kings: "If you have to go someplace else to find yourself, then you probably have a disorder."

Last edited:
Reactions: mikeyp24

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Nobody outside of Columbus knows anything about Columbus.
Sure seems that way sometimes given some of the crap we have to put up with.

* * *​
To quote Darryl Sutter while he was with the Kings: "If you have to go someplace else to find yourself, then you probably have a disorder."
Ah. So that's why he did so well with Carter; he knew what he was up against. :D

Figgzfood

Nov 15, 2017
Columbus will always get the mid-west negative stigma. It's no bustling night life, but it does provide lots of options for families and young folk depending on their field.
A quick search provides

Columbus, Ohio ranks as BEST city in the WORLD.
And

Why All the Cool Kids Love Columbus, Ohio - https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ABAB&usg=AOvVaw2vMDFTzjV_pbj0RXBNz3Ce&ampcf=1

Lastly,
World's Top 7 Smart Cities Of 2015 Are Not The Ones You'd Expect

None of these are the end all be all, everyone has personal preferences, but Columbus is no rinky-dink town.

Cheers!

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Columbus is such a dump that it's a finalist for a 5 billion dollar investment for Amazon HQ2.

It's such a graveyard that plans were just announced to build a multi-billion dollar entertainment facility adding 15,000 jobs to the area.

According to Glimcher, locating Planet Oasis next to the Tanger Outlet Mall off I-71 is convenient and within 5-6 hours of 105 million people.
"To compare that to Orlando they have 35 million, LA has 47 million," he said.

What a wasteland. :rolleyes:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad