Friedman: Columbus and... Erik Karlsson?

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013

Weird. Never would’ve thought the CBJ would even be involved in trade talks for Karlsson. Could be something but literally could be nothing. What the heck would a trade involving Karlsson look like from a CBJ perspective? Possibly a three way trade? Who knows...

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Columbus has a lot of cap space and only needs to sign a few RFAs, no?

Not surprising at all that they're asking about Karlsson.

logik47

Sep 14, 2014
Could Otttawa land both Werenski and Wennberg for an extended Karlsson?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
and Panarin...and Bob

Assuming Panarin isn't leaving, that's next summer. Plenty of time to figure that out if they even need to. They have a lot of space.

Peeps

May 24, 2017

Weird. Never would’ve thought the CBJ would even be involved in trade talks for Karlsson. Could be something but literally could be nothing. I’d imagine one of Jones or Werenski would have to be going the other way. What the heck would a trade involving Karlsson look like from a CBJ perspective? Possibly a three way trade? Who knows...

What kind of GM would give ZW or Jones for Karlsson? Both are younger cheaper and can produce 50 pts.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Would be a gamechanger for Columbus's perception league-wide if they can get EK to waive his No-Trade and sign him long-term. Historically, major acquisitions have not been happy there (Jeff Carter and apparently now Panarin), although Seth Jones did re-up.

Can't really see what Columbus would be willing to part with for him. They'd be crazy to include any of Werenski and Jones, and I don't think they can afford to trade Dubios due to lack of center-depth. Only way I really see this working is a 3-way deal that gets Panarin somewhere he is happy with an extension, and Columbus slightly adds. They don't really have a prospect pool with any blue-chippers, and most of the young NHL talent they have, they shouldn't be trading (PLD, Werenski and Jones).

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Assuming Panarin isn't leaving, that's next summer. Plenty of time to figure that out if they even need to. They have a lot of space.
yea for sure. i was assuming any deal for Ek65 involves an extension so that's why i mentioned those 2. Whatever the case is, you move heaven and earth to make the best Dman in the world fit on your team.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

Weird. Never would’ve thought the CBJ would even be involved in trade talks for Karlsson. Could be something but literally could be nothing. What the heck would a trade involving Karlsson look like from a CBJ perspective? Possibly a three way trade? Who knows...

Strongly doubt it costs one of Jones or Werenski if they agree to take Ryan in the deal. Looking more and more likely it'll be a quantity over quality deal. I honestly don't mind Columbus as a trade pieces, as I think they can give up more in the way of cheap roster assets. Not sure they can compete with the high end young talent of other teams unless PLD is available for some reason (to clarify, he absolutely shouldn't be, he's a legit top line C and Columbus should hang on to him as long as they can)

Reactions: Morrison

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Would be a gamechanger for Columbus's perception league-wide if they can get EK to waive his No-Trade and sign him long-term. Historically, major acquisitions have not been happy there (Jeff Carter and apparently now Panarin), although Seth Jones did re-up.

Can't really see what Columbus would be willing to part with for him. They'd be crazy to include any of Werenski and Jones, and I don't think they can afford to trade Dubios due to lack of center-depth. Only way I really see this working is a 3-way deal that gets Panarin somewhere he is happy with an extension, and Columbus slightly adds. They don't really have a prospect pool with any blue-chippers, and most of the young NHL talent they have, they shouldn't be trading (PLD, Werenski and Jones).
So what if it is a three way and Columbus isn't on the receiving end of Karlsson.

Panarin, Karlsson, ???

Panarin goes to either Ottawa or the 3rd team.

Karlsson goes to Columbus or the 3rd team

Pieces/players from 3rd team go to Columbus or Ott.

I dunno, I just can't see this one panning out in any way shape or form. I cannot see Columbus wasting assets on Karlsson..

Maybe he heard wrong and it was William..

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
So what if it is a three way and Columbus isn't on the receiving end of Karlsson.

Panarin, Karlsson, ???

Panarin goes to either Ottawa or the 3rd team.

Karlsson goes to Columbus or the 3rd team

Pieces/players from 3rd team go to Columbus or Ott.

I dunno, I just can't see this one panning out in any way shape or form. I cannot see Columbus wasting assets on Karlsson..

Maybe he heard wrong and it was William..
NYR as the 3rd team would make sense. Just spitballing here but.

NYR: Panarin

Columbus: Karlsson

Ottawa: Chytil/Andersson, Abramov, Columbus 2019 first, and Rangers 2019 second.

But, it only really works if you there are solid extensions on all sides. Otherwise, the price is too rich for Columbus and the Rangers.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I don't know why they do this unless they are moving Jones or Werenski. The 3 of them fill the same role, and CBJ needs star power at forward more than anything

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
NYR as the 3rd team would make sense. Just spitballing here but.

NYR: Panarin

Columbus: Karlsson

Ottawa: Chytil/Andersson, Abramov, Columbus 2019 first, and Rangers 2019 second.

But, it only really works if you there are solid extensions on all sides. Otherwise, the price is too rich for Columbus and the Rangers.

No picks, Chytil, Andersson, Abramov?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad