• 1 billion

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
eRod. Kept wanting to believe he would sort things out under Bednar and break out. Nawp. eRod broke my heart. As you examine... he needs away from first line.

Georgiev. He is owed a shitton of... was about to post crass rewards that rhyme with hoe, but, naw. Just say he's been a pleasant quiet stud in net.

One of the better takeaways this year has been hearing MacKinnon and backcheck in the same paragraph.
Agree. But you can see that MacK is just a wee little bit out of synch/gear right now. You can tell by his puck handling that goes amiss at the wrong moment, some of his air head passes and the old curl and spin he uses when his speed isn't 110%.

Reactions: drhiii

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Eller, Meyers and Newhook had shockingly decent games. Eller especially I thought was real good. You can tell as the playoffs ramp up that guy is going to be very important. He wins a stupid amount of battles. Honestly think other than Nichushkin he might be our strongest player physically. You can't muscle this guy off the puck.

He's an offensive black hole no doubt about it, but I'm hoping he doesn't have to provide too much offense in the playoffs because the big boys are scoring.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
He can't create his own shot like Makar can. Makar has that special ability to shift in one direction or the other, and completely disassemble a defensive set.
I've long maintained that if you fire bombs from the point, eventually the opposition won't want to block them if you keep hitting them. These pucks hurt.

Right now Toews is not a threat whatsoever on the PP because teams know he won't shoot. He defers to 29 and 96 at all times. Oilers forwards gave him zero respect and backed off completely.

Makar often runs into the same issue. Just drifts around and gives the puck to one of them, refusing to shoot.

You have to keep PKers honest. Otherwise it is too easy to kill.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Eller, Meyers and Newhook had shockingly decent games. Eller especially I thought was real good. You can tell as the playoffs ramp up that guy is going to be very important. He wins a stupid amount of battles. Honestly think other than Nichushkin he might be our strongest player physically. You can't muscle this guy off the puck.

He's an offensive black hole no doubt about it, but I'm hoping he doesn't have to provide too much offense in the playoffs because the big boys are scoring.
He's an offensive black hole but will score a clutch goal when it counts. Count on it. Lars Eller has always been a player thats made for a winning team.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I questioned this also but Oilers selected the dot at the right of Georgiev for the faceoff which favors JTC (righty) over Eller (lefty). Also JTC was better on the dot than Eller today so I guess Bedsy when with the guy who's "hot".
I guess I gave more attention to the face offs Compher lost than the one's he won. Frankly, I thought he was trying out for Jerry's MD carnival tonight.

My apologies to anyone who has or has a relative or friend affected with that terrible disease.

• Haha
Reactions: drhiii

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Compher really had a terrible game, bobbled the puck on the PP and couldn't win a draw to save his life on the PK.
I don't understand why people STILL rip on J.T. Compher.

The guy just played basically the entire game at even strength against Leon Draisaitl and held him to 0 points and didn't give up a single high danger chance against him while being even in the Corsi battle.

Seriously, what more are people asking out of this guy? He's obviously miscast as the 2C yet is doing an admirable job.

J.T. Compher is not a reason this team loses hockey games. More often than not, he's a big reason why they win.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006

IMG_0846.gif

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton

The guy just played basically the entire game at even strength against Leon Draisaitl and held him to 0 points and didn't give up a single high danger chance against him while being even in the Corsi battle.

Seriously, what more are people asking out of this guy? He's obviously miscast as the 2C yet is doing an admirable job.

J.T. Compher is not a reason this team loses hockey games. More often than not, he's a big reason why they win.
He was responsible on the winner. Couldn't win a draw and bit so hard on the fake that he gave Bouchard a free lane to the net.
1681275137490.png

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

To add to this, some of Compher's best games over the last couple of seasons have been against the Oilers. When he's given a big task to go against either McDavid or Draisaitl he usually does ok. He's not going to outscore those guys 9 times out of 10 but you want him to limit them - he usually does a good job at that.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I don't know if they are actually buddies. MacKinnon and Barrie were well known BFFs.

Zadorov would be hilarious though. I still remember that Shark series where he just repeatedly launched Kane into orbit.
MacK did rep Zad's clothing line in interviews and all the saucey stories about MacK seem to come from Z's mouth. I think it's safe to say they're good friends.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

Eller was good tonight. Meyers play has improved. I don't agree about Newhook but I have always expected more from him than he can provide. He's no game breaker. He no difference maker. He a very high round 3/4 line grinder.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
He was responsible on the winner. Couldn't win a draw and bit so hard on the fake that he fake Bouchard a free lane to the net.
He actually didn't lose the draw. He beat Draisaitl clean, but McDavid jumped the route to the puck and won the puck for the Oilers.

As for biting on the fake, you're not wrong but the Avs and any PKers are clearly instructed to cheat towards McDavid. Bouchard made a smart play noting that and was able to walk in. There's only so much you can do 3-on-4.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad