Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • 1 billion

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Oilers fans are always delusional. They probably think Ekholm is better than Makar because he scored a goal tonight. Dri is barely top 10. And he's absolutely a point leech that just feeds on McDavid and his PP points.
Again, he is 14th in the league this season at even strength and 2nd over the last 5 seasons.

Give credit where credit is due.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It’s not that it’s gone it’s that he can’t make moves like Makar to open up lanes. Usually G has to do that and then kick it back to him but I don’t think that move works as well anymore.
They did that a couple of times then teams scouted it and decided to let Girard skate as low as he wanted to because they know he can't shoot worth a damn.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Mikko yes, Nate not so much. Nate has very much evolved into a competent 200 ft player. He's not winning the Selke but at least tries in his own end.

Nate is light years better than McDavid is terms of his own end.
Eye test I don't see a major difference. Statistically the difference, at least this year is pretty big. And not for Mack.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
This board has a tendency to give backhanded compliments for other teams' star players for some odd reason.

Just say they're good
They are good, at offense, easily the best in the game. But you aren't getting 5+ PPs a night and can't win 6-5. Are they going to win those 1-0 games?

Still don't think McDavid and Draisaitl play a complete enough game to consistently win in the playoffs. Fleeing the zone early for offense in the playoffs is difference between a win and a loss.

Playoffs require dedication to both ends of the ice. Something the Avs did extremely well during last year's run.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Impressed with the Oilers, they really showed up today in a playoff-type game. (or at least thats what their crackhead play by play guy wanted us to believe)
Lol they should have beat an injury riddled team by 4 or more. We hung tough with our AHL team. We should take more from this game then them. Shows we can hang even with the C squad.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
As nice as the division win would be, the biggest goal this week should be to try to stay healthy and be ready for round 1 with Makar, Manson and Lehk back. I wouldn’t be opposed to resting guys against Nashville regardless of where we stand with Dallas just because of how many minutes Mack, Mikko and Toews have been playing.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
As nice as the division win would be, the biggest goal this week should be to try to stay healthy and be ready for round 1 with Makar, Manson and Lehk back. I wouldn’t be opposed to resting guys against Nashville regardless of where we stand with Dallas just because of how many minutes Mack, Mikko and Toews have been playing.
I don't know that they'd rest them with the division still up for grabs. The conference now belongs to Vegas officially because they hold the tiebreaker and we can't pass them in points.

However, I think we will see some guys given a bit of a breather. My guess would be Cogliano either sits out the final two games to rest or has his minutes significantly reduced because dude has taken a beating lately.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Can't see this team doing that. If they truly didn't care you would have seen a lot more resting stars this week. You don't go for it through game 81 and then rest everyone game 82 if there is still something to play for. I could see some cycling of bottom six guys next two games and another Frankie sighting.

Reparlana

Nov 2, 2011
Manitou springs
This board has a tendency to give backhanded compliments for other teams' star players for some odd reason.

Just say they're good
They are good but let's be honest us healthy vs us tonight was a playoff warm up game. I don't think either teams were going beyond 75% tonight, aside from thepplayers fighting to stay on the roster.

That wrister Mcdavid threw on Georgiev pad was terrifying in person seeing him with that much clear ice.

Getting a point tonight was a big w.

Last edited:
Reactions: RECKLESS

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
I asked for one point, and this team, held together by bandaids, got the job done. I don´t give a f*** that we lost in OT against the Oilers. Hell, we held their superstars in check. PK in OT is almost always deadly. Especially against the Oilers.

I am more than happy. We defended 1st place in the central, the Jets clinched and will rest players, Nashville is out and has nothing to play for. And Minny lost too, so we will have home-ice in Round 1.

The Central is ours to lose after tonight. Despite all our injuries this season.

Next time we face McDavid and company it, hopefully, will be with Makar, Manson, Lehky back in the line-up.

All good.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Turned the game off after the second because it was late and I was tired. Sort of surprised we made it to OT. Kinda sucks we lost but hey, this team is pieced together by duct tape and glue with all the injuries. Take the loser point and finish strong. We control our destiny.

Reactions: Reparlana

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
The Avs got the point they wanted, now the division is in their hands. Let's hope LA finishes ahead of Seattle, I wouldn't want to face the Kings in round 1.

Reactions: Reparlana

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Let's hope LA finishes ahead of Seattle, I wouldn't want to face the Kings in round 1.

I think both will rest some players in their final game. Seattle has Vegas, who is in a fight with Edmonton to win the west. I doubt there is anything to earn for Seattle.

So even if LA finds a way to lose to those Ducks (maybe they see a better fit facing us than the Oilers i Round 1), it wont matter.

I would say our 1 Round matchup will be Seattle. Pretty much set to me.

Win the Central, secure home-ice in Round 1 & 2. Under given circumstances and how this season went so far, this would be a little miracle.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Given the year long struggle with injuries, a matchup with Seattle is a huge win for me. Grubauer and Jones? Yes please. Just avoid the Kings, that's a team that I could easily see make a run. Frustrating team to play against with shutdown guys (Kopitar and Danualt) that can keep up with us. Plus the NHL world wants to see a Kings vs Knights 1st round. Lot of great story lines in that.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I simply do not see it at all with this Edmonton team. They barely managed to squeak by a heavily injured Avs team who still doesn't have a second line center. Vegas is going to crush them.

If the Avs make it to the WCF, 100% we're going to have a different opponent this year. Edmonton had no business being there last year either, and really helped the Avs out for the SCF by giving them such an easy WCF.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad