Votes: 2 4.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • 1 billion

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Great performance by the team getting that much needed extra point. That's all I wanted out of that game and I absolutely celebrated when we reached OT. Now we'll be one up on Dallas if they win out and we win out.

Hilarious listening to the EDM commentary as if these teams were so equal just making sure NOT to consider that Makar isn't in the lineup. (He was also out the last time we played them as well)

Yeah, what kind of difference could that bum have made anyways? Obviously, neither Landeskog, Lehkonen or Manson don't move the needle either. Let's conveniently forget about those guys as well. They're just a bunch of plugs.

They made sure to try and keep the nonsense going that Drysattle was on one leg in the conference final though. Whatever let's you sleep at night, I guess. His 2nd leg seemed to work just fine when he was trying to score but was hurting dramatically while backchecking... that should probably be ignored even though it clearly happened.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Great performance by the team getting that much needed extra point. That's all I wanted out of that game and I absolutely celebrated when we reached OT. Now we'll be one up on Dallas if they win out and we win out.

Hilarious listening to the EDM commentary as if these teams were so equal just making sure NOT to consider that Makar isn't in the lineup. (He was also out the last time we played them as well)

Yeah, what kind of difference could that bum have made anyways? Obviously, neither Landeskog, Lehkonen or Manson don't move the needle either. Let's conveniently forget about those guys as well. They're just a bunch of plugs.

They made sure to try and keep the nonsense going that Drysattle was on one leg in the conference final though. Whatever let's you sleep at night, I guess. His 2nd leg seemed to work just fine when he was trying to score but was hurting dramatically while backchecking... that should probably be ignored even though it clearly happened.
To be fair it is a regional broadcast if that's what you were listening to on Sportsnet so they have to hype the Oilers.

However, I also found it hilarious when Louie DeBrusk would exclaim "who wouldn't want a series between these two teams!?" as if this was the best the Avs had to offer missing 33% of their usual roster.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
EDM vs VGK should be a good 2nd round series... McDavid vs Eichel
The Oilers are going to walk to the WCF unscathed. Look at the goaltenders they have to play. They'll get 2 of Jonathan Quick, Philip Grubauer, and Joonas Korpisalo.

They might legitimately only need 10 games to reach the WCF. Which, if we get there, could be a HUGE problem for us if they're rested and hardly tested.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Avs should be able to win out. Jets have nothing to play for, Ehlers got hurt tonight vs Wild and they probably won’t try hard and rest some players. Preds also have nothing to play for and still missing key players.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC

It's Dry-Saddle though.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I just don't see what others seem to see with Eller. Guy specializes in the low percentage shot and possesses next to no playmaking ability. He couldn't even accomplish the one thing he was sent out in OT to do.
Well we know Compher can't win those either. I'd rather stick with Lars getting more faceoff chances. He was also great on the PK. He's a perfectly fine 3C who should be our 4C, but MacFarland f***ed us there when he didn't get a 2C at the TDL.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I don't understand why people STILL rip on J.T. Compher.

The guy just played basically the entire game at even strength against Leon Draisaitl and held him to 0 points and didn't give up a single high danger chance against him while being even in the Corsi battle.

Seriously, what more are people asking out of this guy? He's obviously miscast as the 2C yet is doing an admirable job.

J.T. Compher is not a reason this team loses hockey games. More often than not, he's a big reason why they win.
He's had an excellent season. But he looks tired and worn out right now. Perhaps he's ill? I dunno but he's not the same player he was 2 weeks ago... pre west coast.

Pretty certain he lost the initial OT face off. And the 1st one of the 4 on 3. (Georgiev held the puck after the shot. Not sure where he had planned to move the puck on the 2nd FO. Win it back and his team mates is supposed to get it. If it goes forward in ones own zone, I wouldn't call that a win...

But I don't have the video to see for certain.

Having him on the PP right now isn't helping especially when the PP has a whole 'other host of (no) execution problems.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
EDM vs VGK should be a good 2nd round series... McDavid vs Eichel
I doubt Edmonton makes it that far. That entire team still revolves around McDavid. They can't do shit if he's not on the ice. Dri at 5v5 is the biggest whimp in the NHL. The only time he can do anything is on the PP when teams are forced to focus on McDavid.

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Agree. But you can see that MacK is just a wee little bit out of synch/gear right now. You can tell by his puck handling that goes amiss at the wrong moment, some of his air head passes and the old curl and spin he uses when his speed isn't 110%.
Yep. If his synch-o-meter is due to interest-o-meter and not pout-o-meter, things are doable.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I don't understand why people STILL rip on J.T. Compher.

The guy just played basically the entire game at even strength against Leon Draisaitl and held him to 0 points and didn't give up a single high danger chance against him while being even in the Corsi battle.

Seriously, what more are people asking out of this guy? He's obviously miscast as the 2C yet is doing an admirable job.

J.T. Compher is not a reason this team loses hockey games. More often than not, he's a big reason why they win.
Holding Dri to 0 points 5v5 isn't hard to do. That man lives on the PP.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
He's had an excellent season. But he looks tired and worn out right now. Perhaps he's ill? I dunno but he's not the same player he was 2 weeks ago... pre west coast.

Pretty certain he lost the initial OT face off. And the 1st one of the 4 on 3. (Georgiev held the puck after the shot. Not sure where he had planned to move the puck on the 2nd FO. Win it back and his team mates is supposed to get it. If it goes forward in ones own zone, I wouldn't call that a win...

But I don't have the video to see for certain.

Having him on the PP right now isn't helping especially when the PP has a whole 'other host of (no) execution problems.
Eller was on for the opening faceoff and lost it, not Compher. J.T. as I said earlier also beat Draisaitl on the faceoff where the Oilers scored but McDavid jumped the route and beat Toews to the puck. I thought Toews was in a horrendous position there. If he lines up next to McDavid he gets that puck and the Avs get a clear. Instead he is too far in the corner and McDavid gets it.

Who else do you put on the PP? Lehkonen and Landeskog both out. Malgin?

Holding Dri to 0 points 5v5 isn't hard to do. That man lives on the PP.
I mean he's 14th in league in points at even strength. He's not exactly some bum at 5v5.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
There's nothing good about that point, Avs sleepwalked for 40 minutes of that game and randomly showed up when they got a PP late in the third period.
Having the opportunity to force dallas and the mild to face each other in the first round is absolutely something and for an Avs team playing their 3rd game in 4 nights coming home after a long road trip without TWO top-4 d-men which includes the best d-man in the league AND TWO Top-6 Forwards in Lando & Leks and facing a rested edmonton team, personally I'm really proud of the way the team played tonight.

Not sure why anyone wouldn't be.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Having the opportunity to force dallas and the mild to face each other in the first round is absolutely something and for an Avs team playing their 3rd game in 4 nights coming home after a long road trip without TWO top-4 d-men which includes the best d-man in the league AND TWO Top-6 Forwards in Lando & Leks and facing a rested edmonton team, personally I'm really proud of the way the team played tonight.

Not sure why anyone wouldn't be.
Yeah, and I also disagree that the Avs sleepwalked through the game. The Avs were battling very hard tonight. It's not like the Oilers were skating circles around them.

Like Bednar said, the high danger chances were low tonight and statistically it was 9-8 for Edmonton. They win this game on a mistake by Byram and a PPG in overtime.

The Avs played very hard tonight. The lack of talent was clearly evident as the game went on.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
The Oilers are going to walk to the WCF unscathed. Look at the goaltenders they have to play. They'll get 2 of Jonathan Quick, Philip Grubauer, and Joonas Korpisalo.

They might legitimately only need 10 games to reach the WCF. Which, if we get there, could be a HUGE problem for us if they're rested and hardly tested.
I'm not sold on them at all. They barely sneak one out against us, with a injury riddled lineup and I'm supposed to believe they are going to coast to the WCF?

Vegas is good, LA plays a frustrating style both will be very tough for Edmonton. And there is a good chance they will have to beat both.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
When McDavid is taking all the minutes from team's top pairings, combined with how much he makes, that's not that impressive.
Draisaitl has played against plenty of top competition along with McDavid.

You're making it sound like the guy is some points leech or something. He's one of the best players in the world. I don't believe he's 2nd after McDavid the way Oilers fans believe him to be but he is a phenomenal talent and JTC has held his own against him both this season and last.

I'm not sold on them at all. They barely sneak one out against us, with a injury riddled lineup and I'm supposed to believe they are going to coast to the WCF?

Vegas is good, LA plays a frustrating style both will be very tough for Edmonton. And there is a good chance they will have to beat both.
I suggest you look at the underlying numbers Edmonton has been posting since January 1st. IIRC they have been the best team in the league and the numbers back up the record.

Look, I more than anyone want to see that team fail and fail continuously. It brings me joy living in the city. However, I've also got to acknowledge when they're a legitimately scary team and this is the year they're legitimately scary. They are deep up front, they brough Ekholm in to take the load off of Nurse, and they found themselves a goalie.

If we play them in the playoffs I have no doubt it goes at least 6 if not 7.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Also 2nd most ESP's in the NHL over the last 5 years... He's not a PP merchant at all.
It's not hard to score when you cherry pick like it's your job.

McDavid feasts on PP and quick breaks while he's hovering near the blueline waiting for his team to make the breakout play.

Not saying that's all he does but he absolutely cheats offense frequently and plays very mediocre in his own end.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Draisaitl has played against plenty of top competition along with McDavid.

You're making it sound like the guy is some points leech or something. He's one of the best players in the world. I don't believe he's 2nd after McDavid the way Oilers fans believe him to be but he is a phenomenal talent and JTC has held his own against him both this season and last.
Oilers fans are always delusional. They probably think Ekholm is better than Makar because he scored a goal tonight. Dri is barely top 10. And he's absolutely a point leech that just feeds on McDavid and his PP points.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
It's not hard to score when you cherry pick like it's your job.

McDavid feasts on PP and quick breaks while he's hovering near the blueline waiting for his team to make the breakout play.

Not saying that's all he does but he absolutely cheats offense frequently and plays very mediocre in his own end.
So do Mikko and Mack? Who cares.

Reactions: Duke74

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad