Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • 1 billion

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Had a chemo treatment today, took an afternoon nap and slept through my alarm. Got up to watch the last 5 minutes and OT. Is it worth it to go back and rewatch? Was it good hockey worth watching or pretty much just another Tuesday game in a long sesaon?
Dude.. are you getting good karma love from this group?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It appears Bo needs to learn how to play in OT. He made no less than three terrible mistakes in that one shift. Misses the net trying to pick top corner at point blank range, turns the puck over with a weak pass up the boards, and the inexplicably decides to stop skating with Connor McDavid right in front of him.

Anyway, it’s a moot point if the Avs score on either power play they got in the third. Overall the Oilers had their legs moving, Avs did not.

I’ll take the loser point. 2nd in the Central now guaranteed.
I know we have injured guys and stuff but the Avs need to start playing better. Can't enter the playoffs playing like this.

We get points but we're getting outplayed pretty much every game, even against the shit teams.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
It appears Bo needs to learn how to play in OT. He made no less than three terrible mistakes in that one shift. Misses the net trying to pick top corner at point blank range, turns the puck over with a weak pass up the boards, and the inexplicably decides to stop skating with Connor McDavid right in front of him.

Anyway, it’s a moot point if the Avs score on either power play they got in the third. Overall the Oilers had their legs moving, Avs did not.

Its a process. Mackinnon is 10 yrs in and he only started improving slightly lol. Some skilled guys for whatever reason just dont know how to work a 3 v 3 OT.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I love how Oilers fans took the bait from my previous post :laugh: Wee bit sensitive of a fanbase over there.
Well at least we know if the Avs actually get healthy, it'll be another sweep against the Oilers.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Yeah, it was an infuriating shift. And to think he could have won the Avs the game on that shot but missed badly, then proceeded to play some of the dumbest hockey I have seen all season.

He's no doubt feeling like a bag of ass after that game because he for sure knows he f***ed up in overtime on the turnover, the skating, and the penalty. He let the guys down.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Its a process. Mackinnon is 10 yrs in and he only started improving slightly lol. Some skilled guys for whatever reason just dont know how to work a 3 v 3 OT.
I would’ve expected better from Bo though. He’s got some good hockey sense, but It was not apparent at all in that shift.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I know we have injured guys and stuff but the Avs need to start playing better. Can't enter the playoffs playing like this.

We get points but we're getting outplayed pretty much every game, even against the shit teams.
They have had a few stretches where they have put wins together. However, this most recent stretch where they are getting points hasn't exactly been confidence boosting, they are falling into wins with some awful hockey.

There's a hope that they get into the playoffs and get locked in and play like they can. There's also a chance they keep playing sloppy, inconsistent hockey and give us all heart attacks

Reactions: Balthazar

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Half of our team is dead and it took them a penalty in OT to beat us. They're going nowhere in the playoffs.

They will literally get bounced by LA in the 1st round this year. It took them 7 games to beat the Kings last year with Quick in net and without Doughty.

Kings will win that series in 6 games and I cant wait to see the Oilers board afterwards.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Three useless appendages were dressed by Bednar tonight and he gave 2 of them significant minutes.

Compher - totally sucked. lost both face-offs on theOT PK, fumbled the puck on a wide open opportunity on the PP (what the hell is he doing on the PP anyways?) and has lost any jam he was channelling more than a week ago. He looks completely disinterested right now.

E-ROD - can't win a puck battle, can't enter the zone with control, turnover machine, has no feel for the game whatsoever. Should not be on the 1st line because he contributes nothing of value.

Newhook - his only asset is that he is fast as hell. But once he runs into traffic, it's a guaranteed turnover/give away.

The Avs had 3 PP and did nothing with them. The PP is terrible w/o Makar. And get remove Compher from it. He contributes nothing.

Georgiev deserved so much better. He was the more athletic and agile goalie.

Defensively, the Avs played a pretty good system isolating/shadowing McDavid. The OT PP was the killer.

It was a game where a coach with a depleted roster attempts to tighten down the hatches and minimize opportunities hoping for a fortuitist bounce. It ALMOST worked.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
They have had a few stretches where they have put wins together. However, this most recent stretch where they are getting points hasn't exactly been confidence boosting, they are falling into wins with some awful hockey.

There's a hope that they get into the playoffs and get locked in and play like they can. There's also a chance they keep playing sloppy, inconsistent hockey and give us all heart attacks
Yea when a team starts playing like garbage but they still win it can be a dangerous thing. You don't want that in the playoffs.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I would’ve expected better from Bo though. He’s got some good hockey sense, but It was not apparent at all in that shift.
He has amazing creativity offensively, but I wouldn't necessarily call that great hockey sense. That play was dumb as rocks. He'll learn those aspects as he becomes a NHL vet.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I guess if it takes a weak OT PP for Edmonton to beat us with 5 quality players out if the lineup, then so be it.

That game should be a wakeup call to the rest of the West. The hottest team in the West, that is fully healthy and is getting every call barely eeks one out in OT. The Avs are going to be an incredibly tough out, especially if they can come anywhere close to healthy.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Three useless appendages were dressed by Bednar tonight and he gave 2 of them significant minutes.

Compher - totally sucked. lost both face-offs on theOT PK, fumbled the puck on a wide open opportunity on the PP (what the hell is he doing on the PP anyways?) and has lost any jam he was channelling more than a week ago. He looks completely disinterested right now.

E-ROD - can't win a puck battle, can't enter the zone with control, turnover machine, has no feel for the game whatsoever. Should not be on the 1st line because he contributes nothing of value.

Newhook - his only asset is that he is fast a hell. But once he runs into traffic, its a guaranteed turnover/give away.

The Avs had 3 PP and did nothing with them. The PP is terrible w/0 Makar. And get remove Compher from it. He contributes nothing.

Georgiev deserved so much better. He was the more athletic and agile goalie.

Defensively, the Avs played a pretty good system isolating/shadowing McDavid. The OT PP was the killer
Lars needs to be the faceoff guy going forward. Compher can't ever get it done when the games matter.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I expect it from Mackinnon but hes one of the worst skilled guys in OT. Bo will learn. We have to accept hes going to make these mistakes. Does that guy even have 100 games under his belt yet?
I thought MacKinnon was going to walk in and fire because he was on his off-wing and had a one-on-one.

Instead he tried to dangle Ekholm and lost the puck in his skates. It resulted in the Byram chance but I can't help but think what happens if MacKinnon just walks in and rips it top glove like he so often does during regulation.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It's practically a different sport
I don’t think it is. It’s different for sure, a LOT less room for error but it only requires some adjustments. All it took for MacKinnon to become a reliable 3v3 guy was to tell him to quit trying to power through guys. At 5v5 it’s kind of how his game is defined, in OT it’s just a turnover waiting to happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad