Post-Game Talk: Colorado vs SENS Wed. 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
I think its more the team started to rebel against management, don't forget Karlsson was the captain of this team. Stone only signed a 1 year deal to send a message.. JMO

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Hummmm no comments on 11/7?

It still sucked. The players played well and won in spite of the terrible lineup configuration, not because of it. Boucher talks about how Wolanin deserves to be in the lineup "no matter who's ready" and then gives him the least ice time. What kind of mixed up, confusing message does that send to a young player? It also messes up the defense pairing which impacts not only this game but future games as well.

And it only really is a good thing for the forwards if it gets your elite players a little more time to make things happen. What happened last night? Pajaarvi and Smith got significantly more ice time than Duchene, Tkachuk and Dzingel.

It was a great performance by a number of Sens last night and a good team effort but despite the win it was still a baffling night from the guy behind the bench.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Pretty much this.

Reactions: Deku and DrEasy

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
. What happened last night? Pajaarvi and Smith got significantly more ice time than Duchene, Tkachuk and Dzingel.

It was a great performance by a number of Sens last night and a good team effort but despite the win it was still a baffling night from the guy behind the bench.

Wow, I'm shocked that Guy Boucher did what he said he was going to do, play Pajaarvi, Smith and JGP AKA a shutdown line vs the Avalanches' "Big Line ", as much as possible to keep them off the scoresheet as much as possible .... being that he had the last change, by virtue of playing at home.

And I'm shocked that Colorado would play their "Big Line " so much, even while trailing for most of the game????

I would say that his game plan worked almost to perfection, as the Sens, with the 29th best record ( .436) beat a team with the 17th best record (.532)

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Good acquisition. Should have happened earlier. He has been really solid after a very shaky 1st game
He has definitely looked solid but lets not let the fact slip our minds that the three wins here were against the Kings who are one of the worst teams in the league and the Avalanche and Ducks who are probably the coldest teams in the league.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Wow, I'm shocked that Guy Boucher did what he said he was going to do, play Pajaarvi, Smith and JGP AKA a shutdown line vs the Avalanches' "Big Line ", as much as possible to keep them off the scoresheet as much as possible .... being that he had the last change, by virtue of playing at home.

And I'm shocked that Colorado would play their "Big Line " so much, even while trailing for most of the game????

I would say that his game plan worked almost to perfection, as the Sens, with the 29th best record ( .436) beat a team with the 17th best record (.532)

The Avs are also struggling mightily right now, having lost 10 of 12 (while getting atrocious goaltending over that stretch), and were on the last game of a 5 game road trip that spanned most of Canada.

I'm not trying to downplay the win, but I wouldn't entirely say we won because of a "game plan" last night. We got to face a squad that is playing some of the worst hockey in the league over a stretch, on the butt end of a road trip, while getting an added boost to our lineup (our 1D and 1C).

Last edited:
Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

11-7:wedgie:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
The Avs are also struggling mightily right now, having lost 10 of 12 (while getting atrocious goaltending over that stretch), and were on the last game of a 5 game road trip that spanned most of Canada.

I'm not trying to downplay the win, but I wouldn't entirely say we won because of a "game plan" last night. We got to face a squad that is playing some of the worst hockey in the league over a stretch, on the butt end of a road trip, while getting an added boost to our lineup (our 1D and 1C).

You asked "What happened last night? " and seemed baffled by the disparity in the ice time allotments between three forwards and some of the forwards that have had roles in shutting down the opponents top lines, for quite a while.

This facet, of the game plan, was laid out, by the coach, and was extensively discussed all day yesterday on TSN 1200, and during the 2 hour pre game show.

It appears that it came as a surprise to you, that Boucher was line matching last night, and it helped in the Senators victory.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

They have actually been playing well but not getting any goaltending, they outshot the leafs 38 to 20 the previous game.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Good acquisition. Should have happened earlier. He has been really solid after a very shaky 1st game

Yes I have always thought he was solid, then that first game was so tough. He is big and gets in the way of the puck alot better than anyone else this team has currently in the organization outside of Anderson (who has been very streaky this year too).

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Chabot’s defensive play to break up the breakaway followed by his beautiful assist was unreal last night. I think he’s a top 5 Dman in the league right now, and it’s only a matter of people watching him more before he’s recognized as one.

The lack of respect he gets league wide is pretty incredible. Just goes to show no one actually watches this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad