Post-Game Talk: Colorado vs SENS Wed. 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
That's a shame they seemed pretty cordial there the beginning of the year. Guess this season has taken its toll.

There are a few great Avs fans who have handled the situation with a lot of class.

And there are those who constantly rub our noses in it.

Tonight was karma for those few but very loud assholes.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Pageau leading all forwards in icetime (linematching against McKinnon clearly a factor here).

In fact, top 5 were Ceci, Pageau, Smith, Paajarvi, and Jaros, all pretty much out every time they could be when McKinnon hit the ice.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Chris Stevenson post game asking why we are just at the edge of negotiations with Duchene. Why did the Sens not give him an attractive offer by now.. With every day that goes by the momentum goes to the player side because they are that much closer to free agency

Reactions: Deku

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Chris Stevenson post game asking why we are just at the edge of negotiations with Duchene. Why did the Sens not give him an attractive offer by now.. With every day that goes by the momentum goes to the player side because they are that much closer to free agency

Seems to me like if Dorion is going to go to LA in person to hold a meeting, he should have at least had a number in mind. Either he's just incompetent, or he's kicking the can down the road until he gets an offer for Duche he likes.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Seems to me like if Dorion is going to go to LA in person to hold a meeting, he should have at least had a number in mind. Either he's just incompetent, or he's kicking the can down the road until he gets an offer for Duche he likes.

Thank goodness for him the league has a plethora of Mikeal Boedker calibre wingers that he can swap him for and like it.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Does the question really need to be asked? As soon as Dorion makes an offer the topic will go to structure at which point Dorion will try a million different ways to try to get Melnyk to spend and Euge won't.

This way, they can keep up the façade.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
GG, Sens bros. You guys deserved the win tonight. I love Brady, so seeing him score for the first time in a while was nice. No ill will towards anyone but Melnyk - you guys earned the win fair & square tonight.

As an aside, I hope you don’t hate all of us Avs fans after this season is over so we can root against the Leafs with you.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
My god does Versage have bad takes.

Trying to make it seem like Stone would only want to sign long term in Ottawa if he knew Karlsson was leaving and he'd be made captain of the team, and that is probably why he only signed the one year deal last summer.

Come the **** on Lee.

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon

Trying to make it seem like Stone would only want to sign long term in Ottawa if he knew Karlsson was leaving and he'd be made captain of the team, and that is probably why he only signed the one year deal last summer.

Come the **** on Lee.

Not saying it's true but with the utter gong show this team has been the past couple of years, honestly...that take sounds pretty normal all things considered.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Pageau leading all forwards in icetime (linematching against McKinnon clearly a factor here).

In fact, top 5 were Ceci, Pageau, Smith, Paajarvi, and Jaros, all pretty much out every time they could be when McKinnon hit the ice.

Pageau was immense, his presence has made others around him less anxious.
He's an important piece that is worth more to us than what we might get for him.

Reactions: Variable26

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

Come the **** on Lee.
Negotiating his one year extension I'm sure it was discussed. Most likely Stone spoke with Karlsson and knew they were going to trade him so he didn't commit.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Negotiating his one year extension I'm sure it was discussed. Most likely Stone spoke with Karlsson and knew they were going to trade him so he didn't commit.

Yeah, but Lee made it sound like Stone was looking at being "the guy" which means Karlsson leaving would be a plus in him staying. I find that hard to believe.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

Come the **** on Lee.

It's funny, because if something like this was true (it's not), it would make Mark Stone a horrible choice for captain.

You want a guy who cares more about his ego than being on a team with great players to be the leader? Sure!

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
tyson jost has had a pretty meh start to his career, interesting to see how he pans out. I remember lots of people here wanting him at the draft.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Nice game coming back from the west coast. The style of play that was born out west has continued here.

Jaros was outstanding. Fast and physical and Boro was excellent in disturbing the top line. Chabot and Duchene, welcome back boys!

Seems like every game a young guy makes a great impression. Really encouraging.

Refs let Colorado's top line do what they wish. I think Landeskog played the whole game grabbing the closest Sen with his free arm. That top line, it seemed they were out every other shift.

I'm sorry, but that is a dreadful, one line team. I know they have parts coming but, especially on a night like tonight, the Duchene trade created quite the hole.

Reactions: Variable26

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
tyson jost has had a pretty meh start to his career, interesting to see how he pans out. I remember lots of people here wanting him at the draft.

Was rushed to the league and he's stagnated as a result.

Needed more time to develop his offense in college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino