Post-Game Talk: Colorado vs SENS Wed. 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Was rushed to the league and he's stagnated as a result.

Needed more time to develop his offense in college.
i think many people here would worried about something similar happening to tkachuk, but you have to give credit to boucher for giving him top 6 minutes and playing him on a line with stone.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Are you really going to take Stone away from Brady, Dorion? Do you really want to remove the smile from that adorable face?

I don't think you do.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
How perfect was it that 3 (nearly 4) of the 5 Sens goals were scored by the guy Colorado could have drafted and Matt Duchene

Reactions: Deku

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
How did Balcers look in this game?

Considering he had a team-low 11:24 TOI, he had a great showing. I'm already 99.9% sold on him as at least a good 3rd liner :nod:

I think Dzingel is as good as gone. So after that happens, I wouldn't hate Balcers getting a shot with Duchene for the rest of the year. The kid has some SPEED. And apparently a scoring touch too, so it will be real nice to see that soon.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Pageau leading all forwards in icetime (linematching against McKinnon clearly a factor here).

In fact, top 5 were Ceci, Pageau, Smith, Paajarvi, and Jaros, all pretty much out every time they could be when McKinnon hit the ice.
I was told we dont need Pageau because we have Tierney... or the sens dont need Tierney because they have Pageau. Haha.

Reactions: Sensinitis

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Was rushed to the league and he's stagnated as a result.

Needed more time to develop his offense in college.
I don't buy into this.. these guys are good. the avs stack their top line.. if they didn't, maybe Jost gets some better opportunity to play with better players

Reactions: coladin

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
One thing Pageau does better than anyone else on our roster, and something we desperately missed while he was away, is recover loose pucks. As a team we've been much, much, better at it lately but he has been excellent at it. Very underrated "stat" for successful teams. I wonder if the defensive zone changes have helped in that area.

Reactions: Silencio

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
It's funny, because if something like this was true (it's not), it would make Mark Stone a horrible choice for captain.

You want a guy who cares more about his ego than being on a team with great players to be the leader? Sure!

I mean, that was supposedly a consideration as to why Chara left. He wanted to be captain and wasn't going to get it in Ottawa. So it wouldn't be the first time.

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018
One thing Pageau does better than anyone else on our roster, and something we desperately missed while he was away, is recover loose pucks. As a team we've been much, much, better at it lately but he has been excellent at it. Very underrated "stat" for successful teams. I wonder if the defensive zone changes have helped in that area.
Agree. And win face-offs.

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa
Boro and Jaros played really well together, hopefully Boucher realizes this and leaves them together so they can build on that chemistry.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Chris Stevenson post game asking why we are just at the edge of negotiations with Duchene. Why did the Sens not give him an attractive offer by now.. With every day that goes by the momentum goes to the player side because they are that much closer to free agency

Perhaps there is some strategy being employed by Matt and his agent.
It's not all up to Pierre Dorion when talks are held, he has to coordinate with Matts' agent, who has other clients to care for.

According to Matt Duchene himself, it's still very early in the process, and does not seem to share the concern that Pierre Dorion has waited too long to talk ........ it's probably in his interest to have the Senators in this position, up against the TDL, giving him more leverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->