Post-Game Talk: Colorado vs SENS Wed. 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I can’t recall anyone being opposed to moving him either.

I believe we just had a discussion in which you and another poster (topshelf ?) were saying the sens dont have anyone to play that role. Or that you were worried it could harm the players development.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Interesting that so many on here have a negative opinion regarding Ceci, Smith & Boro's play yet at the most critical point of the game last night in the dying minutes GB has all three on the ice defending the lead. This coach clearly does not agree with this fan base & considers those three as well as Pageau & Stone as their most important defenders to keep the lead.

Nilsson had another very good game last night again too, should be interesting what they do with that guy over the next month, whether they keep him or move him for assets. I would keep him & try & package Condon in a deal to get rid of his contract or move Anderson at the deadline since he would return more assets than Condon.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I believe we just had a discussion in which you and another poster (topshelf ?) were saying the sens dont have anyone to play that role. Or that you were worried it could harm the players development.

We did, saying I don’t think Wolanin or Jaros are ready to replace Ceci isn’t the same as saying we shouldn’t trade Ceci. I just don’t think the expectation is that one of those two should step into his shoes.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
You asked "What happened last night? " and seemed baffled by the disparity in the ice time allotments between three forwards and some of the forwards that have had roles in shutting down the opponents top lines, for quite a while.

This facet, of the game plan, was laid out, by the coach, and was extensively discussed all day yesterday on TSN 1200, and during the 2 hour pre game show.

It appears that it came as a surprise to you, that Boucher was line matching last night, and it helped in the Senators victory.

Wrong quote, chief. I'll have to excuse you on this one, as I'm sure your alerts dialog is probably pretty stuffed most of the time.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Interesting that so many on here have a negative opinion regarding Ceci, Smith & Boro's play yet at the most critical point of the game last night in the dying minutes GB has all three on the ice defending the lead. This coach clearly does not agree with this fan base & considers those three as well as Pageau & Stone as their most important defenders to keep the lead.

You're on the record as being anti-Boucher, so why are you using Boucher's decisions to prop up Ceci, Smith and Boro?

Boucher also likes to run 11-7 and refused (until he had to) to "feed steak to a baby", I wouldn't use his decision making process as some kind of sign that those three are good defensive players.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
You're on the record as being anti-Boucher, so why are you using Boucher's decisions to prop up Ceci, Smith and Boro?

Boucher also likes to run 11-7 and refused (until he had to) to "feed steak to a baby", I wouldn't use his decision making process as some kind of sign that those three are good defensive players.
I think they have a lot more value for the trade deadline than most on here do.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I think they have a lot more value for the trade deadline than most on here do.

It could be argued that Ceci might have considerable value to some teams. He definitely is NOT as bad as some on here say.

Boro might fetch a late pick, maybe as high as a 4th from some team with a thin D corps heading into the playoffs.

Smith, however, cleared waivers less than 4 months ago. I seriously doubt he's increased his value that much since then. He simply makes too much money for how well he plays. He still has the odd decent game for sure but I can't see a team giving up anything of real value for what Smith brings/costs. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It could be argued that Ceci might have considerable value to some teams. He definitely is NOT as bad as some on here say.

Boro might fetch a late pick, maybe as high as a 4th from some team with a thin D corps heading into the playoffs.

Smith, however, cleared waivers less than 4 months ago. I seriously doubt he's increased his value that much since then. He simply makes too much money for how well he plays. He still has the odd decent game for sure but I can't see a team giving up anything of real value for what Smith brings/costs. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am.

IMO Boro will be in the last yr of his contract next season & that is when I think they move him. I also think that a lot of teams like toughness in the playoffs & that is where a lot of these kind of guys make their reputations as being very hard to play against. Smith has two more yrs on his contract which I think will be difficult to move this yr, but you never know.

I would like to see Ceci taken out of this shutdown role that GB has had him in ever since he became the HC & place him with Chabot on the first pairing for a while. If GB thinks he is so good at being a shutdown guy he would certainly help Chabot in the defensive zone & Chabot would help him get the puck out of their end.

I would then have Wolanin play on his wrong side & hope that he can excel in that role & play him with Lajoie. Lajoie is the better defensive player & Wolanin seems like he will be the better offensive player & could possibly make a good tadem as well. I would then have Harpur & Jaros play on the bottom pairing as the shutdown tandem.

Unfortunately, as this team starts to play better they are coming up to the trade deadline where the team will most likely start moving some players which could hurt any momentum they are building now. I assume that all of the UFAs in the org are probably on the table with the exception of Mark Stone who I think should be the first re-signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad