Speculation: Colorado or Vegas

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Blackhawks handle physicality very well. It's speed that the Blackhawks have always struggled with, even at the height of their powers.

Before yes, I agree. I think now we are a pretty fast all around. Bunch of our players struggled with physicality all season imo, although our D was never this complete all year so I think they will be fine.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Vegas is the better team in a 7-game series. We match up better vs the Avs. Neither is ideal.

Give us Vegas, knock out the best team in the West and watch STL shake in their boots.

Reactions: Cowch

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Give me Vegas. Avs finished better in the regular season and Pacioretty is hurt and probably won’t be 100% in time for our series. Also maybe our team will have some insights about Lehner...

Plus, I don’t want to have to deal with the stress of watching MacKinnon dancing around against us after having to watch McDavid light us up haha

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I say Vegas, I think the Hawks can beat them, Avs are scary worth that speed and we all know that just cripples the Hawks, I think physicality might scare away the Hawks in the regular season I don’t think it’s gonna be as much of a factor in the playoffs, Vegas pretty much only won 6 more games than the Hawks, I believe it’s very doable.

Reactions: ello

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
The harsh truth:

The advantage we had on the Oilers(forward depth) will become a disadvantage against the Knights/Avs. Both teams roll 4 lines with speed. Both are faster and deeper and more skilled than the Hawks. And that’s just at the forward position...it gets worse...

The REAL lopsided difference between us and these 2 juggernauts is the blue line. They both have very mobile and dangerous defenseman, and they are also more responsible in their own end. The Oilers defense was the exact opposite(very leaky). It’s not close really....whoever we face will have an infinitely better defense and overall roster.

Just being realistic. If you wanna go the route of “anything is possible”...then sure, I suppose anything is in fact possible. But realistically...we’re (frank)ed.

Reactions: JaegerDice

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The harsh truth:

The advantage we had on the Oilers(forward depth) will become a disadvantage against the Knights/Avs. Both teams roll 4 lines with speed. Both are faster and deeper and more skilled than the Hawks. And that’s just at the forward position...it gets worse...

The REAL lopsided difference between us and these 2 juggernauts is the blue line. They both have very mobile and dangerous defenseman, and they are also more responsible in their own end. The Oilers defense was the exact opposite(very leaky). It’s not close really....whoever we face will have an infinitely better defense and overall roster.

Just being realistic. If you wanna go the route of “anything is possible”...then sure, I suppose anything is in fact possible. But realistically...we’re (frank)ed.

Hawks will need to reach a new level to compete. I think they can but yes both AVS and VGN are formidable. Either could go all the way.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
The harsh truth:

I think everyone is downplaying the win against the Oilers as if they were some bottom feeder, this was a team that was 5th place in the conference and 8th(if I am not mistaken) in the league in terms of points. Shutting down the two top players in the league and winning is no joke, just like the Hawks shut down those two lines they can do the same to the top two lines of these two teams preferably Vegas and then you go from there.

Reactions: Cowch

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
I think everyone is downplaying the win against the Oilers as if they were some bottom feeder, this was a team that was 5th place in the conference and 8th(if I am not mistaken) in the league in terms of points. Shutting down the two top players in the league and winning is no joke, just like the Hawks shut down those two lines they can do the same to the top two lines of these two teams preferably Vegas and then you go from there.

The Oilers are an average team and so are we. We easily could have lost games 3 and 4, we weren’t bad but we weren’t exactly good either.

Colorado and Vegas are like multiple tiers above us/Edmonton. Those are 2 VERY good teams. We aren’t gonna know what hit us.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Really? The penalty was a bad mistake and hopefully he has learned a lesson but I'd say his 2 key goals in this series more than makes up for it.

the penalty was not a mistake, the penalty was not being able to focus and it was completely undisciplined and ya if I was the coach you bet your ass he is going to sit a game so that he learns that he needs to be focused and disciplined.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Watching it too, Colorado looks very fast, Vegas is slow, I think the Hawks could actually be a faster team minus Strome.

Yeah the Avs are blistering fast. You could be right about Vgk, but how many of our passes is Stone going to steal with his freaking stick?

Kind of a pick your poison situation.

thedarkstark

Jun 22, 2012
I think Vegas is clearly who we want, they probably still beat us but theres no way our defense can handle all that speed on Colorado.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
the penalty was not a mistake, the penalty was not being able to focus and it was completely undisciplined and ya if I was the coach you bet your ass he is going to sit a game so that he learns that he needs to be focused and disciplined.
So what about Cat? Does he get the same treatment for his major? I think not. Unfortunately, Hawks don't have the depth to sit a starter for making a mistake. Not in the playoffs.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
So what about Cat? Does he get the same treatment for his major? I think not. Unfortunately, Hawks don't have the depth to sit a starter for making a mistake. Not in the playoffs.

Well if it was me as the coach Highmore would have not come out for the second or third last game and he would be in the press box so his punishment would be done.

Having said that I would never have a problem sitting a 4th liner like Highmore, he is replaceable by any number of guys waiting to get a shot.

Cat's hit was a stupid penalty and I would somehow find a way to discipline him and it could very well be the first period of the next game on the 3rd or fourth line and give someone a chance to play up. If Cat responds by playing well after the 1st then swap him back up the line up

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
The Oilers are an average team and so are we. We easily could have lost games 3 and 4, we weren’t bad but we weren’t exactly good either.

Colorado and Vegas are like multiple tiers above us/Edmonton. Those are 2 VERY good teams. We aren’t gonna know what hit us.

yup both are good skating teams, precilsly why you need to get Kurashev in the lineup

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Would prefer Vegas.

a) Speed and physicality of Vegas
b) matchup. The Hawks always seem to match up horribly against Colorado
c) goaltending. Lehner - as you see in today’s game, is trash

I just have the McKinnon matchup. He’s the fastest player in the NHL regardless of if the stats say McDavid is.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Well if it was me as the coach Highmore would have not come out for the second or third last game and he would be in the press box so his punishment would be done.

Having said that I would never have a problem sitting a 4th liner like Highmore, he is replaceable by any number of guys waiting to get a shot.

Cat's hit was a stupid penalty and I would somehow find a way to discipline him and it could very well be the first period of the next game on the 3rd or fourth line and give someone a chance to play up. If Cat responds by playing well after the 1st then swap him back up the line up

who will fill it for Cat’s no production of he sits? ;)

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Yeah the Avs are blistering fast. You could be right about Vgk, but how many of our passes is Stone going to steal with his freaking stick?

Kind of a pick your poison situation.

stone might be one of the most underrated players in the NHL. Love his two way game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad