Speculation: Colorado or Vegas

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I think we have equal chance

I have no preference and well after people wanted "Preds" years ago I would think that just letting things unfold is best way to go about it

If Kane finds his game and Crawford continues to find his I have no doubt there is enough talent on roster (Young and old) for Hawks to upset either

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I think we have equal chance

I have no preference and well after people wanted "Preds" years ago I would think that just letting things unfold is best way to go about it

If Kane finds his game and Crawford continues to find his I have no doubt there is enough talent on roster (Young and old) for Hawks to upset either
Surprisingly optimistic but yeah Hawks can play with these teams if they have no passengers and Corey plays like he is capable of.

One of the more satisfying part of the series with Oilers was the team's resilience to answer those quick goals against early in games. That said, Hawks need to clean up those sluggish starts. No team can consistently get away with falling behind early in games.

Geoist

May 1, 2015
Honestly, I think we have an equal chance to lose/win a series against both teams. My choice would be whichever team is least likely to seriously hurt our players, especially the young stars. VGK is a physical team. They have Reaves. So I lean towards preferring the Avs.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
I think Colorado are the better team, but we match up better against them.

Coin flip

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Vegas doesn't have "game breaking talent(s)" like Colorado does, but they are insanely deep. Gonna be a hell of a series no matter what opponent.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Honestly, I think we have an equal chance to lose/win a series against both teams. My choice would be whichever team is least likely to seriously hurt our players, especially the young stars. VGK is a physical team. They have Reaves. So I lean towards preferring the Avs.

Very good point.
Most playoff series are quite a bit more physical than what Hawks just went through.

Reactions: Geoist

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Very good point.
Most playoff series are quite a bit more physical than what Hawks just went through.

Not sure why Kassian didn't try and be more of a force and bully our guys. If he's not going to do that, then what the hell is he out there for?

Outside of him Edmonton had no else that was physical at all.

So do you want to go against the depth and get beat up by Vegas or against Colorado's skill and speed? I'm not even sure which I'd rather face.

Reactions: clydesdale line

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Vegas doesn't have "game breaking talent(s)" like Colorado does, but they are insanely deep. Gonna be a hell of a series no matter what opponent.
Not going to be a hell of a series. I'd be surprised if the Hawks won a game against either team. It would take Crawford standing on his head to even take one or two games.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I'll take that bet. You're expecting us to get swept? Hell, I'm almost positive you expected the Oilers to beat us too.
Oilers were the better team after game 1, Crawford stole game 4, and Koskinen and Smith suck.

If the entire series the Hawks played like they did in game 1, then I'd feel a lot better about the next series. But in games 2-4 they looked like the did all season.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Duncan Keith was reeeeeeeally had in game 2. If he was even average there is a chance they even win the only game they were outplayed in.

I’d say the Hawks dominated play for most of game 4 until Edmonton got desperate in the final minutes.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Then Oilers were better in game 2 and that’s it... and even in game 2 we kept coming back and weee never out of it.
The Hawks did not deserve to win either of game 3 or 4, the Oilers controlled the play in both games. It wasn't even close. Crawford stole game 4 and Koskinen choked game 3.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
The Hawks did not deserve to win either of game 3 or 4, the Oilers controlled the play in both games. It wasn't even close. Crawford stole game 4 and Koskinen choked game 3.

We games did you watch?

The Hawks didn’t deserve to win either game? f*** outta here with that shit.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
We games did you watch?

The Hawks didn’t deserve to win either game? f*** outta here with that shit.
They got badly outplayed in both games but won anyway. It happens. Game 4 was a goalie win for the Hawks and game 3 was a goalie loss for the Oilers.

Based on how they played, they deserved to win neither game.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
They got badly outplayed in both games but won anyway. It happens. Game 4 was a goalie win for the Hawks and game 3 was a goalie loss for the Oilers.

Based on how they played, they deserved to win neither game.

Nah, I’d say the team that got screwed by penalties and shut down the best PP in 40 years is team that deserved to win. When you do things like that, you deserve to win.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Nah, I’d say the team that got screwed by penalties and shut down the best PP in 40 years is team that deserved to win. When you do things like that, you deserve to win.
The Hawks played a bunch of game 3 on the PP, that helped them keep that game close enough to pull it off. Didn't the Oilers commit 8 minor penalties in game 3? The game 4 penalties were a correction for game 3. They're incredibly lucky(or unlucky) to have advanced past Edmonton.

At the same time the Hawks went 1-8 on the PP in game 3 and you could argue that they deserved to lose because of that.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
For the novel series matchup I'd prefer to see Vegas, not sure there's a better matchup at all.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
The Hawks played a bunch of game 3 on the PP, that helped them keep that game close enough to pull it off. Didn't the Oilers commit 8 minor penalties in game 3? The game 4 penalties were a correction for game 3. They're incredibly lucky(or unlucky) to have advanced past Edmonton.

At the same time the Hawks went 1-8 on the PP in game 3 and you could argue that they deserved to lose because of that.

You’re crazy dude... no point going in circles if you think the Hawks deserved to lose. I don’t know what the hell you are watching if that’s the conclusion you came to and especially for game 4.

I’ll admit they were outplayed in game 2.... but they dominated gams 1. Games 3 and 4 could have probably gone either way ultimately but I think Chicago played better in both games.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
You’re crazy dude... no point going in circles if you think the Hawks deserved to lose. I don’t know what the hell you are watching if that’s the conclusion you came to and especially for game 4.

I’ll admit they were outplayed in game 2.... but they dominated gams 1. Games 3 and 4 could have probably gone either way ultimately but I think Chicago played better in both games.
The Hawks played really well in the 1st period yesterday but the 2nd and 3rd periods looked more like game 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad