• chart .jpg
    chart .jpg
    48 KB · Views: 6

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
upload_2020-8-8_10-5-54.png

Notice what quadrant the Hawks are in.
Notice the two teams hanging out next to the Oilers.

Not. Even. Close.

Hawks were giving up tons of quality chances and they got lucky. It's as simple as that.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
View attachment 359079

Notice what quadrant the Hawks are in.
Notice the two teams hanging out next to the Oilers.

Not. Even. Close.

Hawks were giving up tons of quality chances and they got lucky. It's as simple as that.

I’m sorry but any chart putting Edmonton on par with Colorado and Vegas needs to be taken with a grain of salt and used alongside with your actual eyes. Edmonton is a 4 forward team with no defense and one of those 4 forwards has played like 50 career NHL games.

Not to mention Toews and the Hawks dominated 5 on 5 play with the exception of the last 5-10 minutes last night when all hell broke loose with Edmonton fighting for their lives.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I’m sorry but any chart putting Edmonton on par with Colorado and Vegas needs to be taken with a grain of salt and used alongside with your actual eyes. Edmonton is a 4 forward team with no defense and one of those 4 forwards has played like 50 career NHL games.

Not to mention Toews and the Hawks dominated 5 on 5 play with the exception of the last 5-10 minutes last night when all hell broke loose with Edmonton fighting for their lives.

But the charts, the charts, don't forget about the charts. :sarcasm:

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL

Wrong.

I just looked up games 2-4 on NST.
Game 3 was closer than I thought, but edge still to the Oilers.

Game 4 was actually almost as bad as game 2.

upload_2020-8-8_10-30-43.png

They got absolutely dominated last night. Crawford stole the game.

I like to use data to back up my arguments.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
We struggle against teams who play a tight all full team defense and forecheck well, so both teams will be insanely tough.

But we also dont handle physicality well, so VGK is even worse.

I want the Avs. Let our guys quickly understand that they're the ones to fight in our division for years to come. Let's get this rivalry started for real.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Wrong.

View attachment 359095

LOL ..... Guess you missed Hawks killing that major... it was probably the most important part of the game. Hawks outplayed Oilers at ES the entire series. Sure, a desperate Oilers team put the pressure on in the 3rd period but we weathered it. Throw those stats and charts out the window and pay more attention to what's going on, on the ice. You sound like a bitter Oilers fan at times. Celebrate the victory and buckle up for next week. If Hawks lose the next round it is still a win for the kids who get a good taste of the intensity of PO hockey.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Wrong.

View attachment 359095

And this is why I don’t like using these numbers and only these numbers to make statement like you are. The Hawks went into prevent mode with like 10 minutes left and really didn’t try and generate any offense. Even the PP they had they were just playing keep away for at least a minute of it.

Reactions: ClydeLee

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
And this is why I don’t like using these numbers and only these numbers to make statement like you are. The Hawks went into prevent mode with like 10 minutes left and really didn’t try and generate any offense. Even the PP they had they were just playing keep away for at least a minute of it.
I get if you're arguing score effects, that doesn't explain the 2nd period though.

The stats confirm the eye test.

High danger scoring chances are the most telling.

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Whichever team has worse goaltending. Always. Either way the Hawks have to play a team much better than them and this’ll be a great learning experience.

Truthfully think I’m more happy they won this QR than I’d be if the won 1stOVR.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I want what's best for the Hawks long-term and this isn't it.

87.5% chance they instead get some dice-roll #9 pick. Playoff win for this team >>>>>>>>>>#9 pick. Inarguably. Couldn’t possibly care less about it. If it’s Laf then sure, it’s an interesting argument, but the odds aren’t in our favor.

He’ll be gifted to NYR or PIT anyway.

Reactions: Cowch

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
87.5% chance they instead get some dice-roll #9 pick. Playoff win for this team >>>>>>>>>>#9 pick. Inarguably. Couldn’t possibly care less about it. If it’s Laf then sure, it’s an interesting argument, but the odds aren’t in our favor.

He’ll be gifted to NYR or PIT anyway.
You never know if someone like Raymond or Holtz falls. Someone always falls.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I don’t care. We just eliminated the two best players in the world. What % of top 10 picks the last 5 years have even panned out?
It's too early to say about 2019 but the bust rate on top 10 picks is relatively low and you have about a 65-70% chance of landing at least a top 6 forward or top 4 defenseman. I've done this research before.

1999/2004/2013 are notoriously bad draft years and they're the ones that bring the numbers down. 2005 was actually a bad 1st round outside of Crosby/Ryan/Kopitar.

In most years it's around 80%.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Get the talent first, then learn how to win.

They have talent now...They have hall of fame players on the team and just picked a 1C 3rd overall last year...On average the player they pick at 9 would be two years away...Go on the best run possible and hopefully the addition of Mitchell next year helps only add to what they build on in playoffs...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Obviously Crawford will have to play lights out for is to beat either of them...

We also will need Kane to superstar umlis meh production vs.Edmonton) plus the Toews #1 li e must conti ue to produce.

Plus we need more offense from Stromecand D-Cat.

But when have the Hawks big guns at forward ALL brought A games and production in the same seriesletcalinecsame game ?

Does not seem to hapien..

Kane gets hot for a few games /but Toews and hisbkibe go cold...etc...

Also offense from the back-end led by our 3rd pair ..this seems topsy turvy ...usually winning teams have dominant first pair leading the other 2 d-combos.
Well take it.. but how long can OM and 4K keeping beingbour primary supply of scoring g from the back end? Probably will not continue.

Still....the 70% rule...goaltending being 70% of winning...so to have any chance Crawford will need to match or exceed either Vegas or COL goaltending ..

I think either team we play will learn from Edmonton making Hawks run around and not get pucks out like they dod in that 3rd period when Hawks forgot about attacking and just tried defendibgvand running down the clock to get out with that CC steal orca game.

If Hawks do that with either Vegas or Col they are doomed....I counted occaisiobs where Saad failed 3 times on same shift with puck on his stock to get it out and D-Cat 2 timespan same shoftvfailing to get it out...play like that will kill us...

So far ...still...Hawks have not played a full 60...so very unconfident they can improve to the necessary level...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad