Speculation: Colorado or Vegas

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Am I stuck in the glory days/nostalgia or are the best teams in the league the last 3 seasons (this year included) just not as good or dangerous as the teams we played against in the Dynasty years?

Yup, these two are good teams but hardly worldbeaters or david/goliath scenario coming up.

Hell, as fast/mobile as the Avs have been for years my biggest fear was Varly the hawk killer but he's gone. And, maybe we could get in Lehner's head, do that and it's game over.

The Blues largely goon'd their way to a cup last year and the Caps were good but damn...there are no unbeatable teams at this point.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Am I stuck in the glory days/nostalgia or are the best teams in the league the last 3 seasons (this year included) just not as good or dangerous as the teams we played against in the Dynasty years?

well the 2010 is the most collected talent in past 20 or so years.

Also both 2013 and 2015 had impeccable forward stables.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
well the 2010 is the most collected talent in past 20 or so years.

Also both 2013 and 2015 had impeccable forward stables.

But even most of our opponents in all of those runs were really good teams. It's not like the Hawks steamrolled everyone. Those vancouver teams were all very good, the Sharks in 2010 were the best team in the league and Phillie had a stacked roster too. In 2013 the Kings were defending champs sandwiched inbetween their two Cup wins and the Bruins were just as good as we were. That Bruins series was honestly the only time I thought the Hawks might lose. In 2015 the Ducks were a great team and so was Tampa.

I don't know. It's hard to compare teams from different eras but watching teams play after the Hawks/Kings/Pens run of dominance, there doesn't seem to be many teams that are all that memorable.

The Worst One

Who wants to die?
Oct 5, 2017
But even most of our opponents in all of those runs were really good teams. It's not like the Hawks steamrolled everyone. Those vancouver teams were all very good, the Sharks in 2010 were the best team in the league and Phillie had a stacked roster too. In 2013 the Kings were defending champs sandwiched inbetween their two Cup wins and the Bruins were just as good as we were. That Bruins series was honestly the only time I thought the Hawks might lose. In 2015 the Ducks were a great team and so was Tampa.

I don't know. It's hard to compare teams from different eras but watching teams play after the Hawks/Kings/Pens run of dominance, there doesn't seem to be many teams that are all that memorable.
The 2013 cup run was legendary.

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
So if the blackhawks knock out either vgk or avs, do the avs/vgk suck or are the hawks actually good? Weird how before the play-in, the hawks had no chance and edmonton was gonna contend for the cup, but after, the oilers are just a bad team and the hawks are lucky.

Also, I agree with anyone saying playoff experience is of the utmost importance. I don't think there would be a 2010 without the 2009 playoffs.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Would prefer Vegas.

a) Speed and physicality of Vegas
b) matchup. The Hawks always seem to match up horribly against Colorado
c) goaltending. Lehner - as you see in today’s game, is trash

I just have the McKinnon matchup. He’s the fastest player in the NHL regardless of if the stats say McDavid is.
Which goal was Lehners fault today? Both were rebounds from within 5 feet in front of the cage to an unchecked Av. Second goal he even made a big stop on the initial shot where an av walked unchecked from behind the net He’s made a few other big stops today too.

I see Lehner being a guy that relishes playing his old team and puts in a performance.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Which goal was Lehners fault today? Both were rebounds from within 5 feet in front of the cage to an unchecked Av. He’s made a few big stops today too.

I see Lehner being a guy that relishes playing his old team and puts in a performance.

I could just as easily see him be as delicate as a Swedish pancake and get pulled. Tough to say. That was one of the problems with him towards the end. If the going gets tough there's no way of knowing if he'll be tough and get going

Reactions: Muffinalt

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I could just as easily see him be as delicate as a Swedish pancake and get pulled. Tough to say. That was one of the problems with him towards the end. If the going gets tough there's no way of knowing if he'll be tough and get going
I think the bigger problem was him getting pouty about contract talks not going his way. Remember when he talked about being excited about playing the Islanders this year and then he went out and stole the game against them? I think he’s one of those guys who plays better with a chip on his shoulder. We’ll see though if that’s the case.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
We did Lehner a solid moving him to VGK when playoffs weren't a reality here.

In this game, IMO, he's fumbled the puck a lot on saves but their D is always there to clean up.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Colorado is scary and good... But Vegas is just as good and should be just as scary.

They just play so tight, and will turn you inside out. Like what do you do when all of Wild Bill, Riley Smith, Stone, Stastny and Touch are hounding you... Not to mention their big boys hitting literally everyone.

They're my favorite other team with CBJ.

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
Vegas it is. Watch the hawks go on a run and have to face

Vegas (ugh)
Canucks (why god?)
Avs (sweet baby jesus)

Reactions: wahsnairb

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
And Tuch wins it in OT.

Welp. To me this game was enough to cement the opinion that they're the worse matchup... Their lines are insane pressure. All of them.

At least it's going to be a sick series. Some of my favorite players on VGK. Going to be a treat to watch.

Let's beat them.

Reactions: wahsnairb

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $260.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark