GDT: Colorado Aveslanche @ San Jose | 8 PM MT

What if the Avs lose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Ya he's a complete non-factor. Not that he deserves a promotion but I think they should mix up the middle six and swap him and Lehkonen just to give him more offensively inclined players to work with
waive him , terrible signing he isn't what we needed.

I think Mack has been reading Pierce's posts too much. He now believes faceoffs don't matter.
🤣

Reactions: niwotsblessing

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
People reading into this game way too much. Avs dominated, new players are trying to find chemistry and adapt to the system, and Blackwood had the game of his career.

Our 2nd and 3rd lines don’t need to show up for us to win most games. If they’re still struggling 20 games in, then it’s cause for concern.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I’ve been at work all evening so I didn’t see his performance tonight, but I thought Drouin looked fine in the first game. Maybe the line juggling was more to try to find a goal.
I don't necessarily think he was demoted. He was on the top line all game until he took that puck to the face late in the 3rd. Lehky came out and took his place for the rest of that shift, and then they just stayed with those lines (1 and 3) the rest of the game.

BigCKU

Aug 16, 2020
People reading into this game way too much. Avs dominated, new players are trying to find chemistry and adapt to the system, and Blackwood had the game of his career.

Our 2nd and 3rd lines don’t need to show up for us to win most games. If they’re still struggling 20 games in, then it’s cause for concern.

Yeah I mean Avs completely dominated that game just couldn’t get a goal through. Blackwood had an amazing game but they got 4 shots at least past him. 1 was cleaned up by a teammate, 2 were posts, and then Makar’s goal. I was surprised by how few Avs were able to get deflections on shots. Sharks did a great job keeping Avs out of the front of the goal and not allowing deflections or rebounds.

Reactions: Galactico

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I thought Manson played horribly and awesome at different points in the game.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
I don't necessarily think he was demoted. He was on the top line all game until he took that puck to the face late in the 3rd. Lehky came out and took his place for the rest of that shift, and then they just stayed with those lines (1 and 3) the rest of the game.
Exactly. Context is important, and you have noted the incident that caused the line change.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
yah? Shooting right at Miranda Brixton chest all night. They sure did something.
Blackwood had great anticipation, side to side, we kept shooting low on him. I noticed mikko went to shelf on him after he had dropped.
The goaltending I don’t usually watch that closely but it was pretty Stella on both sides last night.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022

Attachments

• IMG_8851.png
    IMG_8851.png
    251.9 KB · Views: 3

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
4th line was buzzing. Great fits, Olfosson is a great fit for 4C. We should lock him up for a few years at 1M. Cogs still fast, still tenacious.

Drouin, man he was not good offensively, just weak on/off the puck. I just dont think he can fit without a lehky or nuke on his line.

2nd line cant finish but they were fine. RyJo had a good game, should have 2 assists on an avg day or if Rants was taking those shots.

Think we go with:

Drouin-Mack-Lehky
Nuke-RyJo-Rants

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
4th line was buzzing. Great fits, Olfosson is a great fit for 4C. We should lock him up for a few years at 1M. Cogs still fast, still tenacious.

Drouin, man he was not good offensively, just weak on/off the puck. I just dont think he can fit without a lehky or nuke on his line.

2nd line cant finish but they were fine. RyJo had a good game, should have 2 assists on an avg day or if Rants was taking those shots.

Think we go with:

Drouin-Mack-Lehky
Nuke-RyJo-Rants
Yeah Olofsson is doing really good at 4C so far. The Avs won't lock him up until they see what they have in Pavel though. Bednar really likes Pavel. What I could see happening next year though is a 4th line of Olofsson - Pavel - LOC

By the way...I know it was against the Sharks and not the Kings but what a difference having Cogs instead of Dermy on the 4th line. That 4th line was in the O zone all night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad