Series Talk: Colorado Avalanche vs San Jose Sharks (P2 vs WC2)

Who ya got?

• Avs in 4

• Avs in 5

• Avs in 6

• Avs in 7

• Sharks in 4

• Sharks in 5

• Sharks in 6

• Sharks in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Does anyone ever remember when they had that cool glowing puck on the ice in playoff games? Too bad they don't use that anymore because it would look really cool for Avs as the team is so quick it would be nice to see a puck glow and reflect where ever it is going. When I first started watching hockey, I could not see and follow the small puck on the ice very well. This glowing thing was probably in playoffs, especially who were trying to get into hockey. You could always see the puck as a TV watcher. I wonder if players and fans in games saw that also, or was that manipulated on a TV for those who only watched playoff hockey on TV.
Are you for real?:laugh:

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Are you for real?:laugh:
Not all fans (American) can follow the puck.

I mean when I watch basketball I have no idea what's going on lol

If there was on option to turn it on, or off, then I'm fine with it.

If it's always on, I will actually freak out. The NHL won't do that, though.

Reactions: MarkT

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC

That’s not my point, at all.

AvsJost98 wondered if people in the stands saw the glowing puck! Like WTF!

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Yeah am I the only person who thinks Karlsson looks unbelievably good?

All I hear is how he looks hurt and he has slowed down and has been on the ice for a bunch of goals against etc. The games I watched (2.5 games total maybe) he was the best player on the ice for both teams and it wasn’t even really close. He looks near 2017 playoff form IMO and I’m not looking forward to playing against him.

He has had shifts/periods/games where he looks nothing like himself. There are other times though, like OT last night, where he looks like the same guy and is the best player on the ice. Hopefully we see more of the former than the latter starting Friday night.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York

I never said unable to follow the puck long term. It was only the 1st couple of games in 96-97 when I started watching hockey. I had trouble following the puck for a few games. Then after a few games I noticed that you need not to follow and look for the puck, but instead follow where most players are heading and which way they are looking.

But this laser glow puck looks amazing on TV. Wish we could see some of those highlight real goals scored on NBCSP with a dramatic laser glow puck.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
This is what happens when people grow up with video games and the internet their whole lives. Real life glow pucks FFS.

Reactions: Nihiliste

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I never said unable to follow the puck long term. It was only the 1st couple of games in 96-97 when I started watching hockey. I had trouble following the puck for a few games. Then after a few games I noticed that you need not to follow and look for the puck, but instead follow where most players are heading and which way they are looking.

But this laser glow puck looks amazing on TV.
Following the puck is one of the biggest issues that Americans have with the sport. It might be the biggest issue. A glow option would help, but yah, after you play or watch enough, you understand where the puck is, and where it's going

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I really hope they don't do 8PM starts for this round again. That really cuts into my working time.

Jost Is The Most

Apr 24, 2019
Littleton, Colorado
Sharks will probably place their best D against our top line. We will need to have the same kind of secondary scoring as we got in the Flames series. We will need players like Soda, Jost, Compher and our defense to be stepping up in a similar way.
Vlasic in my opinion is the key to the Sharks D. I know they have two huge named Defenders in Burns and Karlsson, but for one I feel Karlsson is not at 100% at all. The Sharks D is certainly not as young as it use to be. They need to be top not to help out a very shaky Martin Jones who is going to be tested hard by more than just the top line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad