Series Talk: Colorado Avalanche vs San Jose Sharks (P2 vs WC2)

Who ya got?

• Avs in 4

• Avs in 5

• Avs in 6

• Avs in 7

• Sharks in 4

• Sharks in 5

• Sharks in 6

• Sharks in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
I don't think they'll go with 7 D because Makar had some time to practice with the team now. Nemeth will probably sit. Brassard will probably come in for Ghetto.
Depends on how things are going but think they be better off with 7 defense at home. They get the last line change.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Since 2009, Sharks are 20-2-0 vs Avs in SJ. Only loses came in 2010, and 2016.
challenge-accepted-gif-9.gif

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
YOure telling me game 2 is in the middle of Game of Thrones?!?!

Haha no kidding. It's not that big a deal to me since I'm not the biggest fan of the show. I'm more flustered by the fact that I have to go to the movies immediately after the game to watch End Game. Luckily it's reserved seats though so I don't need to be there super early or anything.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
7D or not, if there's one thing that I am certain of it's that Derrick Brassard should not return to this lineup. He's awful, and he doesn't play with the pace and speed necessary for this team to win. Players like Andrighetto and Bourque do.

Brassard does nothing for this team, I hope he doesn't play another game.
I end to agree with this.

Brassard doesn’t really fit the style that I think the Avs need to play to be successful against the sharks.

I just don’t see how he doesn’t play though unfortunately

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I would think G gets the call on the PK if we go 6 minus Nemeth. All 3 would get pushed around, but I think his calm demeanor would be best. Makar is a rookie so I doubt he would be killing penalties. I believe Barrie would be the worst choice of the 3. It's just not his game.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Anyone who even considers Game of Thrones or Avengers as even remotely as important as an Avalanche 2nd round playoff game does not deserve the title of "Avalanche fan". You can be an Avalanche supporter at best and go hang out with people currently jumping on our bandwagon from other teams. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Anyone who even considers Game of Thrones of Avengers as even remotely as important as an Avalanche 2nd round playoff game does not deserve the title of "Avalanche fan". You can be an Avalanche supporter at best and go hang out with people currently jumping on our bandwagon from other teams. :sarcasm:
Another Avengers movie?? Isn't there like 100 superhero movies?

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Anyone else worried that literally any penalty we take this series might be magically turned into a 5 minute major?

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Roll 7 D for the first two games in San Jose to keep MacK away from matchups, Nemeth away from the offensive zone, and Barrie away from the defensive zone. Go back to 6 D if you want in the home games.

Reactions: AdrianTheMagician

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad