Series Talk: Colorado Avalanche vs San Jose Sharks (P2 vs WC2)

Who ya got?

• Avs in 4

• Avs in 5

• Avs in 6

• Avs in 7

• Sharks in 4

• Sharks in 5

• Sharks in 6

• Sharks in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bednars Suit Game

Oct 5, 2011
CA
Is the Sharks fanbase really weak here? Cuz even on the main boards Colorado in 6 is rocking the polls so far.

Lots of unknowns with shark injuries so I'd imagine a lot of neutral fans may toss us a vote. Imagine a number of their fans are on a high right now too and may not be on the board.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Hopefully my drunken purchase will be in time for game 1.

Screenshot 2019-04-24 02.16.53.png

Look at that thing.

MacBradley

May 5, 2014
At least the king of goons, Paul Statsny, won't be around to slewfoot our best players head first into the ice.

Hopefully MackKinnon continues to play like some Forsberg/Sakic hybrid with rocket skates.

Should be a fun series!

Reactions: Nihiliste

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
This won't be easy, any more than the Calgary series wasn't going to be easy, but again, I think we have a good shot to move on.

We have better team speed and better momentum after the Sharks just got through a bruising series. Better top line and better goaltending by a mile.

On the other side, the Sharks have a lethal offense from the blueline in Burns and EK, plus years and years of experience with the playoff grind over us.

Reactions: Nihiliste

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
The sharks have a lot of experience. Going to be a tough one but they are banged up and the AVS are fast. Hopefully they can pull off another upset

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
It will be a tough series just as any series is. The biggest question I see is what Jones shows up. If it is the Game Six Jones than anyone is screwed, but if he plays like he did in the rest of the games and this year, our speed and their rested nature can eat him alive.

Reactions: Veritas0Aequitas

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Make no mistake, I like this matchup much better than I like the matchup between us and Vegas. That being said, this is a veteran roster filled with players who are hungry for their first Cup. It will be a hotly contested series. I think physically we match up with the Sharks better, but damn....our d-game better be sharp.

Veritas0Aequitas

Feb 5, 2013
Colorado
As I said elsewhere...

Potentially: No Pavelski, No Donskoi, Injured EK, shaky Martin Jones.

However, we are playing an experienced, big, bruising, powerful, hungry hockey team that does not give up and is playing now for two different Joe's.

We better beat them with our speed off the rush / fast paced game because I'm not sure we can out muscle them at all.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
The Sharks are warriors, big and physical but we have a really good chance. They had really, really tough series vs Vegas. Thornton has been a leader for the guys which is always a scary thing, a guy respected by the entire hockey community/world.

It's important our physical guys showing up in these games avoiding us being pushed around and creating some space for our speedy goal scorers.

If Pavelski and EK not being able to play at 100% we obviously stand a much better chance but it's always impossible to predict how other players will step up. Some guys don't show their potential until a chance is given.

Last edited:
Reactions: Veritas0Aequitas

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I have no idea how this series will turn out. If the Avs play the way they did against Calgary they'll have a good chance but our PK (and Hertl) might just kill us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad