GDT: COLORADO AVALANCHE @ stl blues - 03/19/24 @ 6:00 PM MST

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Nice evenly distributed ice time for the D core tonight but Bednar leaned pretty hard on the top line
1710903338187.png

1710903317483.png

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Fatty with another great defensive game… only one scoring chance against, zero high danger. That line needs to find some finish, but it clearly controls play.

I still think it’s a bit of an awkward fit with him and Drouin together, but he’s getting it done regardless.

I hope we see some experimentation with different line combos in the top-6, but Bednar doesn’t seem too interested in changing it up. It’s kind of a shame for Mittelstadt, because I think you could get even more out of him.

twostroke2023

Dec 15, 2023
Man that was a sloppy game. I would be curious to know how many failed clears there were. Could have cost us a lot worse than it did.

God that pass nuke picked off on Rants 3rd goal was a thing of beauty.

Juice was alright. His rebound control left a little to be desired but he made most the saves he was supposed to, albeit a little more adventurous that I’d like. Pretty solid performance by him overall.

Mitts is such a beauty. His defensive side is so good and he’s been good offensively too. Perfect center to play behind Mack.

I can’t figure out Makar. I know he insists he’s not hurt but I don’t believe that for one second. He’s putting up points but good lord he hasn’t been himself.

god I hate the blues and their fans. Such a f***ing whiney fan base. Have fun golfing you plugs.

Reactions: MarkT

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
I could be wrong but I don't think Mittelstadt has been on the ice for a goal against yet.
Had a chance to see highlights. One thing.. is crazy as it seems the science, geometry, physics of Mittelstadt's grip when shooting is impossible. Amazing what he does on his grip.

And Val... damn man. Val.

And as others have pointed out... seeing Mac's aggressive defending.. I mean it is a shear wet dream on Mac's forechecking now-a-days.

And, any day is a good day when Binnington or Notre Dame (at anything) loses.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
What happened tonight with the ice time is one of my frustrations with loading up the top line.

Bednar looks down the bench and sees Val, MacK, and Mikko and says, “Hell, that looks pretty good to me. Let’s send those guys out again.”

JT Compher played like 30 minutes a night under Bednar and Mittelstadt, who is infinitely better, doesn’t get those minutes. Part of that is the special teams usage, but it’s still a bit frustrating when you see usage like tonight.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
In glad we're winning, but we will get crushed in the playoffs playing like this
I didn't think we played very well either. I thought Mack seemed to be deferring all night long and just didn't seem on his game at all.

Mikko played one of his better games in a long while especially skating and overall effort - even though he had that bad turnover as the last man back.

Makar looked uncomfortable on the ice. Might be a good idea to give him some rest - Norris trophy be damned - they seemed to have already decided to give it to QHughes anyways.

I really didn't like the looks of our bottom-6. It seems that without LOC - Colton & Wood just don't have any mojo going. Would be nice to try out Duhaime, Trenin and Kovalenko and also Parise on that right side between now and the end of the regular season to see who is the best fit. Those guys need to find their game and get some chemistry going.

I hope we get Kovalenko in the lineup soon so we can give Cogliano some rest to keep him fresh for the postseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: