GDT: COLORADO AVALANCHE @ stl blues - 03/19/24 @ 6:00 PM MST

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I think Makar will be fine by the playoffs. He was starting to look like himself again before he became the next victim of the flu going around the room.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
I think Makar will be fine by the playoffs. He was starting to look like himself again before he became the next victim of the flu going around the room.
Hope so, he seemed to fumble the puck a lot last night, which was wildly out of character.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
A $4 mil #3C shouldn't need a babysitter. How many excuses are we going to make for him? Colton needs to be better, period.
Well, I agree. I think we’re seeing why the Bolts never really trusted him at 3C.

He’s at his most effective when he’s moving at full speed and crashing into everything. Haven’t seen that in a little bit. Hopefully whatever injuries/illness that has hampered one or both of them gets alleviated soon.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I thought Manson had yet another great game yesterday.

Don’t know the fancy stats, but eye test alone he was a beast in our own zone. Only guy winning his board battles and clearing the front of the net. His physical presence is unbelievable right now. Need this playoff version to keep performing the rest of the year.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
just went back and watched more of this game since I was on kid duty last night.

Weird take away... if George was in net last night I think that game is lost.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
As much as it is unlikely, there is more than a non zero chance Wood is traded this summer.

There is cap math that leads to him being moved in an effort to keep both Girard and Manson.

He may not fetch a ton, but it won’t cost anything to move him. The contract is not bad.

Mittlestadt changes the cap math, and that math may involve Wood, or heck even Colton, being moved.

Note, that only really becomes a consideration if Landy is back for sure.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Kovalenko may not be a long-term NHLer in general. I think people need to take a step back on his projection, and especially so at center. His experience there was a few games and he was mostly there to win draws then go back over to wing. He didn't handle the role defensively and he certainly doesn't have the skating for the role.

The hope is he comes over and plays a Lehky type role long-term. Likely a poor man's version, but that should be the hope. Not a 3C, top line winger, 65 point guy, etc.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Ok?

You're missing the point. I'd rather have Compher at what he made FOR THAT CAP PERCENTAGE, than Colton for what he makes FOR THIS CAP PERCENTAGE.
In case you missed it, JT2C after a hot start with his new team where he put up :

19 points in 22 games played

Has put up 19 points in his last 42 games played since December. That includes :

1 goal & 1 assist in his last 10 games while playing close to 20 minutes per game and the team is trying to make the playoffs.

Oh yeah - I miss that guy. :sarcasm:

Meanwhile, Ross Colton gets dumped on - for having a whole 4 points less on the season playing less than an average of 14 minutes per game!? :thumbd:

Just because he's having a tough stretch recently, it doesn't mean that he didn't fill-in as best he could for a large part of the season as the defacto #2C - since RyJo couldn't get his head out of his ass.

Some of you guys are like the movie 50 first dates - 'I don't remember how well you played last week but I'm sure it was crappy'.

Seriously ..WTF!?!

The Avs are in a big part where they are in the standings thanks to that roaring 20s line and how well they played in Dec and Jan. None of those players were signed to play in the Top-6 yet they stepped up.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Colton is plenty fine as a 3C, but he needs IQ and pace on his wings. Without it, he's a chicken with his head cut off. Compher is the superior player, but not by a ton and it is all defensively.
He may be the superior player in terms of skill but in terms of playing physical or actually 'checking' he is not great...WAY too many fly-bys for my taste.

Sure he can be a good offensive player as we've seen at certain times with the Avs and his start in Motown but he cannot keep it up for an entire season.

(Bryan Savage was an unbelievable player in October and November - too bad for him the seasons were not only 25 games long)

I think Colton will find his game and prove his worth in the playoffs.

Much rather have Ross at $4M for 4 then JTC at $5.1M for 5... It's not close at all.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
He may be the superior player in terms of skill but in terms of playing physical or actually 'checking' he is not great...WAY too many fly-bys for my taste.

Sure he can be a good offensive player as we've seen at certain times with the Avs and his start in Motown but he cannot keep it up for an entire season.

(Bryan Savage was an unbelievable player in October and November - too bad for him the seasons were not only 25 games long)

I think Colton will find his game and prove his worth in the playoffs.

Much rather have Ross at $4M for 4 then JTC at $5.1M for 5... It's not close at all.
I don’t care about offense as much as defense. Colton is pretty lost defensively and while Compher gets overrated by some in this area… but he’s still good as a 3C there.

I wouldn’t really want to swap, especially with Mitts here. But I’d really like Colton to play better

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
In case you missed it, JT2C after a hot start with his new team where he put up :

Has put up 19 points in his last 42 games played since December. That includes :

1 goal & 1 assist in his last 10 games while playing close to 20 minutes per game and the team is trying to make the playoffs.

Meanwhile, Ross Colton gets dumped on - for having a whole 4 points less on the season playing less than an average of 14 minutes per game!? :thumbd:

Just because he's having a tough stretch recently, it doesn't mean that he didn't fill-in as best he could for a large part of the season as the defacto #2C - since RyJo couldn't get his head out of his ass.

Some of you guys are like the movie 50 first dates - 'I don't remember how well you played last week but I'm sure it was crappy'.

Seriously ..WTF!?!

The Avs are in a big part where they are in the standings thanks to that roaring 20s line and how well they played in Dec and Jan. None of those players were signed to play in the Top-6 yet they stepped up.
JTC at 3.5 is better value than Colton at 4. The guy gets a lot of hate because Bednar overused him but he is a significantly better defensive player than Colton with slightly worse offence and a valuable Swiss Army knife kind of player

At their current contracts, you take Colton over JTC every day and twice on Sundays

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019

Seriously ..WTF!?!

Colton has cost us a lot of goals this year with his atrocious coverage.

Salaries being equal I'd rather have Compher than Colton 100%.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00