News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part VI

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Jesse Montano is currently talking Avs on SiriusXM. He suspects Lando won’t be an option this year.

Did he give an explanation why? Isn't that counter to what we heard yesterday during the game?

I think the quote was, "Avalanche cautiously optimistic Landeskog will be ready for the playoffs, particularly Gabe himself feels that way."

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Did he give an explanation why? Isn't that counter to what we heard yesterday during the game?

I think the quote was, "Avalanche cautiously optimistic Landeskog will be ready for the playoffs, particularly Gabe himself feels that way."
Whoever the commentator was for last night's game, did say something along the lines of, Gabe wants to skate more, but the Avs doctors are telling him to slow down.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Jesse Montano is currently talking Avs on SiriusXM. He suspects Lando won’t be an option this year.
That's pretty big. Montano is probably the closest journalist to the team right now. He's traveling with them and he's always in the locker room, etc.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Whoever the commentator was for last night's game, did say something along the lines of, Gabe wants to skate more, but the Avs doctors are telling him to slow down.

Yeah, which is understandable. Playoffs are close to 2 months away. Last regular season game is 4/18. 2nd round 2+ months away.

Wondering why Jesse thinks he won't be an option at all?

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Yeah, which is understandable. Playoffs are a month and a half away. 2nd round about 2 months away. Wondering why Jesse thinks he won't be an option at all?
Pure speculation here, but maybe he knows the doctors want to shut Gabe down for the year as a precaution.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Pure speculation here, but maybe he knows the doctors want to shut Gabe down for the year as a precaution.

Somebody mentioned recently that since this is a new surgery, doctors around the world are keeping a close eye on how he recovers. Had me wondering if his doctors might be overly cautious for their own reputations?

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Gotta keep that LTIR money.
For the playoffs? It doesn't save any real money... Right?

Somebody mentioned recently that since this is a new surgery, doctors around the world are keeping a close eye on how he recovers. Had me wondering if his doctors might be overly cautious for their own reputations?
Well I did mention before, that Landy looks way ahead of Ball who had the surgery 2 months prior to Landy. So I can understand him wanting to be on the cautious side.

Reactions: Foppa2118

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
For the playoffs? It doesn't save any real money... Right?

Well I did mention before, that Landy looks way ahead of Ball who had the surgery 2 months prior to Landy. So I can understand him wanting to be on the cautious side.
I’m making a joke.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I’m making a joke.
1000029933.gif

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
The main thing Jesse said was that they know if there’s one setback that puts Gabe back to square one, something they likely don’t want to risk.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
He's going to play. When push comes to shove, if we are actually competing for a cup and not just looking like it fizzles out in the first two rounds, good luck keeping Landy out of the mix. He'll play without a leg if he has to.

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The main thing Jesse said was that they know if there’s one setback that puts Gabe back to square one, something they likely don’t want to risk.

Did he give any other reasoning or allude to any inside info?

Because we heard that about a setback putting him back to square one months ago from Emily Kaplan.

Now she's reporting (I think it was her) that the team and Gabe are cautiously optimistic.

avalanche_country

Mar 3, 2004
Denver, CO
I hope landy gets back when he can but I can’t help feel when he does come back it’s going to be another Forsberg scenario where it’s very short lived. Just sucks, what crazy bad luck that started in the bubble.

Reactions: BrickNHL

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I think/hope that it kinda becomes another Jamal Murray scenario, where he plays sporadically but the moment the problem knee (or tibia) gets inflamed, then he sits for a bit. But even that's way too premature to call one way or another.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
So Jesse Granger still appears to be the Athletic's stand-in for the Avs any time they absolutely need someone to talk about the team. But otherwise there hasn't been an Avs article posted since Baugh filed one about MacKinnon on February 2nd.

• Haha
Reactions: Balthazar

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So Jesse Granger still appears to be the Athletic's stand-in for the Avs any time they absolutely need someone to talk about the team. But otherwise there hasn't been an Avs article posted since Baugh filed one about MacKinnon on February 2nd.
My subscription expired last week. I won't be renewing for the first time in 4 years.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I took the discount. Let's see what they do. But it's disheartening to see them go from a beat writer in every single NHL city to the skeleton crew they got now. And that doesn't even begin to cover what we're seeing in the world of journalism overall.

Helene Elliott wrote a beautiful final column to end her tenure at the LA Times and said she mostly decided to step down in the wake of her husband's death. But she also opted for a buyout so that one of her younger colleagues could keep his job. The shit that's gone down at places like Sports Illustrated and Vice, just...I don't even know what to say. And it's only going to get worse.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
He shouldn't be

it shouldn't be up to Gabe , let him sit til next year. They shouldn't even be entertaining the thought of this year

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
I took the discount. Let's see what they do. But it's disheartening to see them go from a beat writer in every single NHL city to the skeleton crew they got now. And that doesn't even begin to cover what we're seeing in the world of journalism overall.

Helene Elliott wrote a beautiful final column to end her tenure at the LA Times and said she mostly decided to step down in the wake of her husband's death. But she also opted for a buyout so that one of her younger colleagues could keep his job. The shit that's gone down at places like Sports Illustrated and Vice, just...I don't even know what to say. And it's only going to get worse.
As a fan of several teams from afar, The Athletic really keeps me in the loops, particularly on college stuff. If not for that I’d book too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad